Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome to LBT! I also saw your listing on ebay and wasn't sure if it was for real. Please tell us about yourself and more about you situation so we can help.

Hello and welcome to LBT. We are so glad you have decided to join us. As previously mentioned, many of us did see your post on Ebay. I am assuming your insurance will not cover your surgery? Have you looked into other types of creative funding?

How about posting a bit more about yourself and your situation, and we will all put our heads together and see what we can do to help you.

in april of 2007 i had open heart surgery for a defective heart valve that i didnt know about,i was suppose to start a new job,but the day before i was to start went into the emergency room and found out about valve 10 days latter,well i lost the job,lost my insurance,could not afford the cobra insurance after a few months,now i weigh over 350 pounds

Welcome! I'm the one who found your listing on eBay and posted it here. It broke my heart. I'm so glad you've decided to join us. There are many people here who have all sorts of experiences to share regarding financing and insurance...maybe you'll find the solution you're looking for here.

i was asked if i had looked into other creative funding,at wits end so i tried the ebay thing,really to find out some options,but i was also willing to sign a contract for someone to pay for the surgery and i would work it off

thank u so much for telling me about this site,if nothing else i have more options now that i didnt know about

Are you backing working now?

i havent found work yet,i have had a few interviews but no luck,when employers see a short fat man that has had open heart surgery they r scared to hire me,even though i have never had a heart attack,my heart is strong and i dont have any clogged arteries

Have you looked locally? I lived with a truck driver almost 3 years and when he came off the road, he found a job driving a truck delivering battery boxes in an industrial park from the plant that made them to the plant that made the batteries. The pay wasn't nearly as high, but it was money until another long distance job came along. Good luck to you! If nothing else, you will find a lot of nice people and support here.

i could go back on the road,that is something i really dont want to do again,im trying to find lacal driving job,its spring now so i should be able to find a dump truck,thank u and i have already talked to some nice people

Great to see you here. I hope we can be of some help even if it isn't with financing. Too bad you don't live in my area though. If you were any good with handyman work I'd have plenty of odd jobs around my house for you that my dh (darn, I mean dear Husband:tongue2:) never seems to get around to.

Being off work if only temporarily right now have you qualified for medicare? If so you might be able to get it to cover the surgery.

Or are there any relatives you might be able to loan it from? You could draw up a detailed plan show them all the money you will save with reduced medical costs (if any) and reduced grocery costs from the smaller diet. Show them you will have a method to pay them back. I know it is hard to ask for help but it just might work.

Again welcome to this site. Browse around there are plenty of people here who haven't been banded yet or even decided if they will be.

i could go back on the road,that is something i really dont want to do again,im trying to find lacal driving job,its spring now so i should be able to find a dump truck,thank u and i have already talked to some nice people

My job in West Columbia is hiring. Where do you live?