Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow!Tomorrow!

Shortly after the sun rises tomorrow morning, I will be undergoing Lap Band surgery. Holy Cow! I didn't panic, I didn't fret, I didn't falter my whole journey so far until I realized today that I will need to pack maybe a couple things for tomorrow (I'll be home by 5pm).

Not only do I not know what to pack, but I AM GOING TO BE SLICED OPEN LIKE A FISH. hehe.

I am very ready to do it, but I wish it were today so I was in pain already and I know how bad it is. :blush:

Any last minute nerve settling/packing advice?:thumbs_up:

HI Artypants, I had my lap band on march 31 and am doing great. the worst part is when you first wake up. I was kind of sick but they gave me something and it went right away. then you will be really thirsty. It really isnt that bad. i am almost all healed up. the worst part if not being able to sleep on my tummy yet. oh and doing the liquid diet. take that puppy one day at a time. i am counting down the days until i can do blenderized. Its hard to believe i didnt think i could eat that stuff and now 8 days in i cant wait. I have already lost 9 lbs and another girl that had surgery on the same day has lost 16. This is awesome and the best part is your not hungry. My stomach was growling when i went in from not eating from the day before. I havent felt that way or heard growling since. Alot of girgling going on in there but nothing like hunger pains. Good luck tomorrow. Let us know how you are doing.

Newbeginnings

Good luck!!! I was banded Wednesday of last week and I couldn't have hoped for anything to go better than it did! No too much pain, I'm back to work today and only feeling a little run-down. I'm getting food in without nausea or anything. You'll do fine! Good luck tomorrow!!

I`m heading to the grocery now for last minute foods or shall I say liquids I will need the next 2 wks. I`m so excited about my road to a lighter and healthier me. I`m taking a hankercheif to wear across my nose like a bandit when the dr comes into see me later after my surgery. I know he will crack up.

I plan on getting up out of bed as soon as possilbe to start that walking. I know one thing after all this work and money I will do exactly what the Dr. and Nutrionist orders me to do.

If your Dr. used the realize band then check out their website they have a 3 yr success plan for you to work with and your Dr. can check on it time to time. www.realizeband.com So good luck April banders. Keep us all inform how things are going.