Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back From Mexico And Banded!!!!!!!

HELLO EVERYONE! IM HOME, AND I AM BANDED!!!!!!

EVERYTHING FAR EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS. THE DOCTORS AND STAFF WERE WONDERFUL, THE HOTEL WAS BEAUTIFUL, AND THE SCENERY WAS SPECTACULAR!

I WAS SO IMPRESSED WITH DOCTOR ORTIZ AND DOCTOR MARTINEZ. THEY ARE VERY SKILLED AND HAVE EXCELLENT BEDSIDE MANNER. THEY REALLY TRULY LOVE WHAT THEY DO, AND LOVE WATCHING THEIR WORK CHANGE AND TRANSFORM PEOPLES LIVES. MRS. ORTIZ WAS A REAL JEWEL, AND THE HOSPITAL STAFF WAS VERY NICE.

I AM A LITTLE SORE, BUT I AM DOING WELL. THE ONLY BAD THING WAS THAT I CAUGHT A COLD AND I AM TRYING TO FIGHT OFF THIS COLD NOW. (I THINK jENNA GAVE ME HER COLD!) HAHA. jENNA AND I ARE NOW LAPBAND SISTERS, SINCE WE WENT THROUGH EVERYTHING TOGETHER.

THIS liquid STAGE DOES SUCK! BUT I FEEL FULL, BUT MIND IS STILL HAVING MENTAL HUNGER PAINS. ITS NOT TO BAD HOWEVER. THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT.

I VIDEO TAPED EVERYTHING, I HAD OTHERS VIDEO TAPE WHEN I WAS UNABLE, AND EVEN Dr. Ortiz ARRANGED, AND HAD MY SURGERY VIDEO TAPED. IT IS VERY COOL TO WATCH. MY GOAL IS THAT I WILL CONTINUE TO VIDEO DOCUMENT MY WEIGHT LOSS, AND PUT TOGETHER A DVD TO SHARE WITH OTHERS.

Welcome to bandland! I'm glad you had a great experience with you Dr. I have heard great things about him. Thanks for posting and letting us know how well you did!

Congratulations! That video taping will be so helpful for people researching the band. Great idea! Please keep sipping and walking.

Very Funny Jenna!!! I have been hacking and sniffeling since Friday. But with my nyquil and Airbourne, I am on my way to breathing normal again. Other than this cold, I am doing great!!!! How are you doing?

Your band sister..........Roxanna

Hi Roxanna

Congratulations! I am SO happy to hear you had such an wonderful experience with Dr. Ortiz and his staff. I agree with everything you said in your post 100% He is a very caring Doctor as wel l as his entire staff. I love the fact that you can call him or Dr. Martienz anytime day or night on their cell phones and the actually answer it and take the time to answer any questions you have. You do not get that here in the U.S.

It is great to hear that you and Jenna have become band sisters. I still kep in touch with the women I had surgery with, we all have become very good friends. That is awesome you got to videotape the entire thing, I never thought of doing that.Thanks for sharing your story with us and ..I wish you lots of succes with your new band :D

Congrats Jenna & Roxanna! Good for both of you! Sorry to hear of your scare Jenna. Accidents do happen all over the world. But they just seem to be more prevelant by far in Mexico. I am glad you are BOTH back home & safe & sound.

Hip Hip Horray!!! Congrads!!! I too got a cold with my band, boy did it hurt to cough!!! Glad to hear it all went so well for you, I can't wait to see the video!!!

How are you feeling Roxanna??? Haven't heard from you! Any weight loss? Are you healing ok? Come onnnnnnnnn, let us know things are going well!!!

Love ya sisterrrrrrrr (in my best slurred speech)

Jenna

Hello everyone!!!!! I am feeling so much better, and my cold is starting to go away...yeppiiii!!!! I cannot believe it!!!!! but I have actually crossed back over into the 2 hundreds!!!!!!!!! I weigned in at 298 this morning!!!!!!!!! and just one month ago I was 322. I lost 10 lbs before surgery. And now I am only post-op 9 days and I have lost another 14 lbs WOW!!!! I am really not hungry at all, and i think this is just so amazing!!!! I drink alot of fluids, and I have Jello, broth, juices, and just have started having nonfat yogurt. I have about 4-6 oz of jello or yogurt and I am so stuffed that I feel like I have pigged out at a buffet!!! This band is awesome!!!!!!! I am even starting to have a little more energy. I can feel my body changing everyday, and this makes me so happy.

Now if all the other stress in my life would just calm down. I have been staying at my fathers home since I have been back for two reasons: one, my house has severe Water damamge from a recent storm and my weakened roof (from the '04 hurricanes) has begun to leak very bad. now all these companies are going to rip out walls, ceilings, carpets, cabinets etc... and I am still waiting to find out if my insurance is going to pay for a new roof or not. second, my father's health is not good at all, and he could possibly have a massive stroke at any time. I am trying to be there for my father and help him around his home, trying to find something that can help him medically, and still trying to grip the fact that I may loose my daddy anytime. He is like a walking time bomb medically, and i am scared to death. Sorry to blabber on......I just have so much going on besides my own lapband recovery. But I am very blessed and God will take care of things, I'm sure. I really appreciate everyones friendship. You all mean so much to me.

Roxanna - I am so sorry to hear about your father. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

You are doing great with your band! You certainly have a lot of stress going on right now, so please remember to take care of yourself too!

So glad that you're doing so well with your band. But sorry to hear about your Father's health and your troubles with your house. Hope you get some positive answers for both.

Please tell your dad hello for me and give him big hugs Roxanna!

Keep going with the weight loss! Wooot! I know you are so dedicated to your band you will do awesome! How are you "feeling" tho?