Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

newbie from tennessee

Hi there! I'm just new here. Thank goodness I happened on this site! I'm absolutely scared to death and this really helped. I'm going for my new patient seminar tomorrow.. I've tried everything and have to finally admit I'm a hugh food addict..(i have to acknowledge that is a large part of my fear.. that I can't eat). I also know that I have to do this to make myself healthy.

some questions.. how do you get all the stuff like the weight loss thing and the check list of the things you have done.

I really need some help along the way for sure. I feel this is a place to get it.

Molly:scared2:

Hi I had my surgery on 4/10/08 and it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'm still on liquids and I sure do miss my meats, but I know it probably want go down right now,because I have to do the different stages. I new I couldn't lose weight on my own and the only way I could was to have the lap band surgery and that way I have know choice. I either have to eat like they say are suffer the conquences of being sick are something and I don't want that. You'll do fine.

Hey Molly,

Where in Tennessee are you? I'm in Mt. Juliet just outside of Nashville, my doc is Dr. Morton at Baptist. Lapband is great I have nothing bad to say about it at all. I'm kind of at a stall now, but hopefully it will kick back it soon, I've lost around 80 pounds. I haven't felt this great in a long time. There is lots of great info on this site! If you have any questions ask, I'll try to answer. Good luck!!

Debbie

banded 1/8/07

h235/c156/g145

Hey Molly,

I am from TN also, Madison TN close to Nashville. Dr. Morton is my doctor. I have been banded since Jan 06 and have lost 150 lbs. This is the best thing I have ever done for myself!! Good luck on your journey.

Debbie

Thanks so much for the support. I'm in the Hendersonville/Goodlettsville area. I'm going to Baptist with Dr. Lynch. I've hit a snag, and I'm just having to wade thru it. I assumed (HA) that the office people would be helping me navigate thru all the insurance stuff, and that's not happening. I called the insurance lady 3 weeks ago after my PCP visit to make sure she had gotten the forms. She said she had, and everything was faxed to insurance waiting on approval. I was pumped and excited. Well.. I finally called (not wanting to be a pest or make anyone mad) and she said she must have mistaken me for someone else, and my PCP letter and psych eval are not done. Grrrr. So now I'm in that process.

I'll keep in touch with you tennessee ladies! I'll need your help!

Thanks!

Molly

I hate you are having such a hard time, just hang in there I am sure everything will work out fine. I acutally live in Madison, close to Rivergate behind Town & Country Ford. Let me know if I can help you.

Debbie

Molly - Don't get discouraged it's worth waiting for! I was self pay, but I went thru the whole insurance thing. Good luck and be patient if your have any questions please ask.

Debbie - It's nice someone else on here close to home. I haven't met anyone in our area on this site. I had my surgery on Jan 07 I've lost 80 pounds still have 10 or 15 more to loose. But if I never lost another pound I would still be happy. This is great! I have an appt for 5/28 to see about a small fill. I have a 4cc band and it already at 4cc's, but it seems a like I have been able to eat a little more lately and I don't like that feeling at all. How has your experience been? I love Dr. Morton and Heather though are so nice, and Heather is always so easy to talk to.

Nice to meet you both good luck!

Debbie

banded 1/8/07

h235/c156/g145

I'm from across the Great Divide so I won't be joining your Tennessee group but do just that...get involved in support groups and read read read and ask tons of questions because that's what will keep you informed and motivated. I was banded last December and have lost a total of about 50 pounds so far...most of it since banding.

I live in Whites Creek which isn't far from Madison or Hendersonville! Debbiejean, You can inspire all of us! Cleanteeth, hang in there! I am being banded on Friday at VAnderbilt by Dr. Holzman. He is using the new band (Realize). I am on my 5th day of liquids. It has it ups and downs but it certainly helps with the head hunger!

Just a quick question what is the new realize band. How is it different from the other? Just curious, good luck Friday you'll make it through the week on liquids it gets easier! Can't wait to hear how you did Friday, any questions just ask.

Debbie

banded 1/8/07

h235/c156/g145

The realize band has been being used in Switzerland for the past 15yrs and has been FDA approved here last year sometime. There are benefits such as reduced errosion, less slippage, and easier access port, and the port doesn't flop and it is also self adhesive to the stomach. I'm on day 6 of 8. It isn't so bad...just sick of these drinks with no variety!! I'll keep you posted. You've done great!

Hello Ladies:

I am from Tennessee too! I will be banded on June 6 and my doc is going to use the New Realize band also. Good luck to you all!

Hi Molly, I'm from Goodlettsville, Tennessee and I was banded Oct, 2007 and have lost 70 pounds with 70 more to go. I feel so much better and I know you will, too. When I filled out the paperwork, I just wrote down everything I had tried before; the dates and what diet or program, etc. With all of my health problems, I had no trouble being approved by insurance.

This is all about changing your lifestyle of eating. You will still have some bad days, but they will mostly be good. You will begin to lose and start feeling better mentally and physically. food will no longer be the focus in your life. Good luck to you for making this great decision!!

Who's doing your surgery?

Hey Judi and all you tennessee ladies! My Dr. is Dr. Lynch at Baptist WHEN I EVER GET THERE. I did 1 year of LA Weight loss, but my PCP won't sign the six little pieces of paper for 6 months of weight loss. I even have all the documentation from LA for him. We are going to try it without, and just the LA documentation, but I'm doing my second weigh in with him next week. I guess I'll be paying 53.60 for the next 6 months just to get weighed! That just sucks!! (please excuse me). Soooo. I'm waiting on insurance approval, and just in case doing my stupid weigh-ins.

Thanks to all of you for support.. I'll also keep needing it.

Molly:frown:

PS Judi.. I'm out by beech schools.. so we're close.. do you go to curves?

Hello, again....My Dr. Is Dr. Charles Morton at Baptist. He is great. I have also met Dr. Lynch. In fact, he is the one that led the seminar I attended.

My husband and I actually attend school at Beech School. (that is our Connect Group from Long Hollow Baptist Church meets there).

No, I don't go to curves, but would like to. I did go by one day to look it over and talk to one of the ladies. Don't you have to sign a contract? I know I would really benefit from it. I have such great intentions, but sometimes, I don't walk like I set out to or ride my stationary bike. It would be great to have someone to excercise with.

Hang in there. Things will work out for you.