Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how many fills so far ????

That dream was so FUNNY!!! A turkey baster! I love it! :bolt:

I have a question for you. Was it painful or difficult for them to pull out the 3 c.c from your band to check it? I don't think the nurse got my port when she said she added 1 c.c. last time and I think they should check it... I'm just picturing 2 to 3 c.c. trying to come out from around the band all the way down the cord to the port being a painful or kind of difficult. I'm like you though, I can pretty much eat what I want. I am eating less but I'm just stuck not losing anything right now. Everyone comments about how good I look and how much weight I'm losing but I don't see it at all lately. :eek: Good luck with the new fill and stay away from those turkey basters! :eek:

I had my second Fill yesterday. Initial fill was 3cc and they added a 4th Funny Story, the night before I went in for my fill I had a dream that I went it to a different office (same DR, just different office) and the scale that I had to weigh in on was tiny and I had to stand on one foot and try and balance myself to get an accurate reading. Then the nurse came in with the needle that looked just like a turkey baster. luckily I woke up before she stuck me with it.

Me thinks we are obsessing too much over the lapband, because I am now afraid to eat the foods that caused my last two PB's, even though I know the band can be very fickle.:bolt:

I go for my second fill tomorrow and I tell ya this day has not come soon enough. I HOPE I get some restriction with this fill.

When they pulled the 3ccs out there was no pain involved. Once they get the needle in place everything else is painless.

One way to ensure the needle is in the port is to pull out whats already in. I also like this approach because they can tell if any has evaporated out.

4 fill for a total of 5.7 cc in my 10cc band. For sure notice a difference now. I still feela bit of head hunger but then I evaluate how I physically feel and there is no way I can eat something. So I dont. I dont think I am quite at my sweet spot but I am close enough that I think I can ride this latest fill out for quiet a while. I love my band. I may have to struggle with small amounts of desire to eat emotionally, I will never have to face those epic battles that erode my self esteem. These days, if I want to enjoy a small ice cream cone with my 4 year old I can really really enjoy it rather than eating it so fast and being ridden with guilt overe it. Anyway, off topic - sorry!!

I understand your "emotional" side of eating. :plane: This doesn't cure that part in your head, except that you can't eat as much so it does keep it in check better. My nutritionist said there is like a 3 month mourning period and your head will catch up with the new eating concept... I am still working on the "I still want to eat what I use to" versus "I want to change my ways and eat small amounts and healthier foods". I guess those old habits don't go away as quickly as we would like to ignore them and not give them a voice in our heads anymore... You just have to remember (and I remind myself too) when else in my life could I have lost 25 pounds in 3 months and felt good about it and kept it off.... :tongue: NEVER... Hang in there! Your doing great!!! :lol:

I now have 6.5 cc's in my 10cc band. Lost about 8 pounds in three weeks with my second fill, got a third fill of 1cc, and felt I was too tight, so had .5 taken out two days later. Now I can eat about a cup of food at a time and that's fine with me for now, as I have increased my exercise. I probably was at "perfect restriction" with the .5 still in, but I don't think my head has caught up to the 1/2 cup rule yet. Perhaps by the time of my next fill.

Then the nurse came in with the needle that looked just like a turkey baster. luckily I woke up before she stuck me with it.

And it's not even Thanksgiving!

I've had 1 fill so far. I had .5cc put in at surgery and then 1.5cc at my first fill for a total of 2cc. I could probably use a fill now because I can still eat a substantial amount, but due to my class schedule, I'm not going for my second fill until the beginning of May.

I definitely feel some restriction, especially early in the day. I have had a few major sliming episodes that I could have resolved with PBing but chose to wait it out, spit it out, and burp it out until it passed.

Chrisann, the food I slimed on hasn't scared me away from eating them again. In fact the very thing I slimed on for 10 minutes (and could have PBed if I had lost my patience), I went back to eating. I think I was so hungry that in my haste, I didn't chew well enough.

I've had 3 so far with a total of 6.2cc in band now. I have only lost like 6 pounds since actual day of surgery, I am thinking that maybe I need to add Snacks in between meals because I can go like 5 hours without eating but maybe my metabolism is just slowing down I did lose 4 pounds between my 2nd and 3rd fill so I am hopeful that we are on the right track.

I have an appt with my surgeon next Friday and want to get another small fill. I have no restriction at night. I have had 3 fills already.

Brez when was your surgery?

I've had two fills for a total of 4cc in a 10cc band. I opted not to get a fill today (weight loss in two weeks was three pounds). I go back in a month to see how I'm doing. I may at that time opt for a small fill depending on the weight loss.

I have a wound on my foot that is not healing properly due to damage done to the foot a few years ago (basically the bone is causing a blister from the inside out). I told the doctor I was happy with the weight loss even if was small. I didn't want the fill because I really needed to make sure I got plenty of Protein in to heal the wound so I can have surgery in June to remove the bone causing me grief. I haven't been hungry (that was his concern) other than the hunger pangs in the head.

My problem is getting in exercise without putting pressure on my foot (I'm currently wearing a boot that looks like something from RoboCop and I'm supposed to be on crutches - yearh right!). I'm hoping I can get enough in doing upper body workouts with handweights (at least my arms will be ready for the summer - lol). I purchased an exercise ball to sit on while at the computer doing client work (or homework). Hopefully that will tighten up the ab area.