Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Curious, Concerned and a Little Anxious

Can someone give me an example of the first few days after surgery? I know liquids fifteen days, then mushy, then a little more substance, but I'm feeling a bit anxious. I'm a big planner. I don't want my mom or husband having to go to the grocery store or phamcy every five minutes. I'd like to have everything necessary on hand prior to my surgery this Thursday. Also, I've hear that the GasX strips are a must. Where can those be bought? Lastly, I've read some of y'all did a two day clear liquid diet prior to the band. My doc hasn't said anything about that yet. I've been doing the Protein Shake bit with one meal of chicken, salad and steamed veggies. It hasn't been bad. Oops... one more thing. Has anyone had any issues with infection at the surgical incisions. I'm selective IGA- it's an imunity deficiency that I was born with. I'm concerned and want to make sure I take the appropriate steps so that I don't mess up the healing process.

Can someone give me an example of the first few days after surgery? I know liquids fifteen days, then mushy, then a little more substance, but I'm feeling a bit anxious. I'm a big planner. I don't want my mom or husband having to go to the grocery store or phamcy every five minutes. I'd like to have everything necessary on hand prior to my surgery this Thursday. Also, I've hear that the GasX strips are a must. Where can those be bought? Lastly, I've read some of y'all did a two day clear liquid diet prior to the band. My doc hasn't said anything about that yet. I've been doing the Protein shake bit with one meal of chicken, salad and steamed veggies. It hasn't been bad. Oops... one more thing. Has anyone had any issues with infection at the surgical incisions. I'm selective IGA- it's an imunity deficiency that I was born with. I'm concerned and want to make sure I take the appropriate steps so that I don't mess up the healing process.

Your doctor should be giving you a list of items you will need and should be giving you list of foods - what does your 15 of liquieds include?? broth only - or can you have low fat creamed Soups.

on the main thread - (don't remember where) there is a thread telling you what you will need. Look under FAQ - Gas X can be bought at any drug store - rite aid - wallgreens cvs. Each doc is diff in their insturctions - so some may have 2 days clear others done - some have pre-op diets some don't.

I didn't have any infection - but some to get one... I don't know anything about your deficeny - but you should alert your doctor...

Good Luck

The broth in the box tastes much better than the canned broth. :cursing:

Homemade broth taste the best - easy to make - chicken - onion - celery - garlic - carrots salt pepper - boil til done strain - and you have good broth for clear phase and then when you can have regular Soup - you can then puree the left overs (that you froze) and add back into the broth - yummy-

I did not get an infection, but I had a SEVERE reaction to the bandages. It was swollen red, and itched like crazy. My dr. had to prescribe me a strong steroid cream to reduce the inflammation, itching, and burning. He said it would also cover the problem in case there was any yeast near the wound :)...never heard that before, but I usually have a reaction to bandages but never anything this severe. Also, my hospital gave me special washing soap to rid my body of any "staph" before going in. I had to use it the night before and the morning of...That was a new technique...but also comforting due to our numerous cases around this area...Good luck!!