Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

CONFESSIONS:who has cheated and ate junk food

Sometimes I get bad and eat too much ice cream because it goes down easy. And since it's easter time - I have been eating way too many Reese's Easter eggs - they are my downfall!

Wow, I don't consider eating junk food cheating.

I have a cookie when I want, or half of one. It's not cheating.

It's not like I used to do...eat the whole bag.

GraceUtah,

I know it's not a good term to use and have to sort of change the way I think and using words like cheating, good, and bad are those types of words. As I can tell by your ticker you've come a lot further than I have, my ticker would go in the other direction if I had one which I don't lol but I'm a lap band newbie in a way and still have a lot to learn! Lap band was done 8/22/07 and I've gained 20 of the 25 I originally lost but by joining this forum I feel confident again that I can do it! Congrats on your success.

I agree with Grace - I don't buy the junk - I don't eat the junk

Why - I got banded to get healthy not to continue like I was

I made easter baskets for my 3 grandkids - I kept 2 reese pb eggs for me (they are my fav too) total 160 calories - so I budgeted for them. I eat healthy 98% of the time and allow 2% for treats but I budget my calories to allow for those treats. So I don't have cheats. Plus I exercise 4 days a week.

For me the Holidays are no longer about the food - but being with family food isn't as important to me as it use to be - especially high fat high calorie foods - I count calories & pt grms - I want reall food for those 200 - 300 calorie meals - not 1 or 2 bites of a cheese cake.

I love the way I feel - I love the way I look - I don't want to ever go back to 250 lbs - and I will if I start eating junk again.. So my choice has been no indulge too often or too much - plus for me the junk doesn't taste as good as it use to either..

I don't count calories or anything else. I didn't get the band to diet, I got the band so I would never have to diet again. I want to eat like normal people, and normal people do eat Cookies and chips. They just control their portions and eat more balanced meals than I did pre-band. Now, I make much healthier choices than I used too. But, if I want a cookie, I have a cookie. If I want some chips, I have some chips. The beauty of it is my band keeps me from eating the whole bag of cookies or chips. To me, it is all about balancing what you eat, not deprivation.

Okay Susan4794, you're a super moderator so I'm assuming you know your stuff! Does your band really keep you from eating the whole bag? I'm not kidding, I feel like there are certain foods that just pass through without a problem and one of those are Cookies, chocolates, chips etc... I'm not saying I'm always craving a bag of chips but does the fill ever get to a point where it stops even things like chocolate, cookies, candy, chips. I can't eat crackers and I can't eat donuts but those other things don't seem to get limited in my band. Is it me or everyone? Serious question from brandyII.

I do not consider myself dieting - diets don't work - eating healthy does - I count calories & Protein grams - as a learning tool - cuz as a fat person what I considered a serving size was enough to feed 10 people not one - I didn't know that in 1 oz of meat you have 7 grms of Protein - and my doc wants me to have a mini of 60 grms per day - so if I dont count - how will I know - by the time I get to goal - I think I will have a pretty good handle on what is a normal serving size and then I won't need to keep my food diary - but until then I will -

I eat like a normal person - I eat pizza - I have a piece of cake - but not every day - and not in the quanities that I use to eat

I haven't tried to eat a bag of Cookies or chips - but have been told they are slider foods (slip right thru the band - just like ice cream & milkshakes)

i must confess that if i eat anything that is not totally healthy i feel like i have cheated. i have to get my head to realize that there are a variety of foods that are still acceptable in small quantities. i am just so used to either being 100% on a diet or 100% off a diet that i need to learn that i can have all foods in moderation.

i must confess that if i eat anything that is not totally healthy i feel like i have cheated. i have to get my head to realize that there are a variety of foods that are still acceptable in small quantities. i am just so used to either being 100% on a diet or 100% off a diet that i need to learn that i can have all foods in moderation.

Join the club :thumbup: this is a learning experience for all of us... And we each learn in a different manners - it doesn't make one way right or wrong - it all comes down to finding what works best for you...

Well I dont consider eating junk food cheating .This is a lifestyle to me, not a diet. If I want something, I eat it. Since I took away the good food/bad food idea, I've rarely binged on anything, like a choc chip cookie or two is enough. Its only when you deny yourself things that they have power over you. Well for me anyway!

Okay Susan4794, you're a super moderator so I'm assuming you know your stuff! Does your band really keep you from eating the whole bag? I'm not kidding, I feel like there are certain foods that just pass through without a problem and one of those are Cookies, chocolates, chips etc... I'm not saying I'm always craving a bag of chips but does the fill ever get to a point where it stops even things like chocolate, Cookies, candy, chips. I can't eat crackers and I can't eat donuts but those other things don't seem to get limited in my band. Is it me or everyone? Serious question from brandyII.

First off, I am not an expert by any means, nor am I a doctor or a nutritionist. But, like Jachut said so wonderfully, this a lifestyle, not a diet. And, if you deprive yourself, that is most likely when those foods will control you and you will binge.

For me, getting the band was just the start of my change. I also had to change the way I think about food. Yes, there are certain foods that you can eat and pass right by the band. That is where you need to get in the right mind set. When I want a cookie, or some chips, I eat them. But, I don't sit down with the whole bag. I get one or two cookies and put the rest back. And, I remind myself that yes, I am enjoying them, yes they do taste good, but no, I don't need to eat the whole bag. They are not going to stop making them. I can eat a couple and then have some another day when I want some.

I enjoy life, I enjoy living and I enjoy food. I make healthier choices, but I also allow myself treats. If I am making the right choices, eating my Protein first, then veges, etc. then I know I am getting a good amount of Protein and other nutrients that my body needs. I take my Vitamins, I exercise and I enjoy my new, healthier soon to be one sexy 41 year old self!! :thumbup:

Do you all think that everyone has different "slider foods". I know someone mentioned pizza but for the life of me I can't eat pizza anymore, barely a nibble. I had never heard the term slider food before but that's the perfect name for it. I am trying to focus more on the Protein and have noticed that if I get it down I am less likely to want to eat the bad foods unless it's just the time of month for me but I'm hoping that changing how I've been eating will help me not crave and go for the sliders!, thanks all who listen, BrandyII.