Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When in consult with the required nutritionist she said No Soda. Now I hear people say it is ok in moderation. What are your experiences? :huh2::)

I haven't had my band removed.

Is that the norm, after you have the band removed that you can't have soda? I'd like to know, too.

the problem with soda that the gases in it will make pressure on the walls of your stomach, which will enlarge your stomach again.

and this will make you eat more.

And, if you REALLY, REALLY want to get HEALTHY (and that should be your goal...) You should simply cut out the soda, period.

Just drink a lot more Water, and fruit and vegetable juices. Eventually, your taste for soda will go away.

Headhunter is right. I grew up addicted to soda pop. Pre-band I had 2-3 daily. Since being banded I had 1 daily for a while and now am down to actually not having one on a day. I can even go 2 days without it.

This is a process and I look forward to tomorrow when I only have 1 a week...then eventually none at all.

This is the "Life after lap band removal" board, but I'm guessing you mean once banded can we have soda?

Some people don't have problems with it. I tried it once, and OUCH. It hurt SO BAD. Imagine the worst gas pains you've ever had in your life, and having them for a few hours.

The pain worked great, really. Soda is a non-issue for me now; I used to drink tons of it pre-band and now it no longer calls to me. (well, most of the time. Very occasionally I miss "the burn" of a Coke, especially if I'm in the mood for a drink, since rum & coke was my favorite)

fruit juices are high in sugars and not much bang for your buck. Water is much better for you to drink. Eat the whole fruit if you want fruit. The Fiber is good for you.

And, if you REALLY, REALLY want to get HEALTHY (and that should be your goal...) You should simply cut out the soda, period.

Just drink a lot more Water, and fruit and vegetable juices. Eventually, your taste for soda will go away.

veggie juices are good helps get your servings of veggies in, surgeon suggested this to my hubby and I but we were told absolutely no fruit juice like another poster said...eat the fruit get the fiber