Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first NSV! Share yours as they happen!

I am a Silpada Designs rep.......if you're unfamiliar, it's an exquisite line of sterling silver jewelry....a couple of years ago I bought the most gorgeous sterling and pearl watch....and it never fit right. Too tight and just looked silly...I was upset because one, it was expensive...and two, I just loved it!

I've noticed my rings are loose, so I decided to try the watch yesterday....AND IT FIT PERFECTLY....hung right at the top of my hand like it's supposed to!

Soooooooooo......I have an ass the size of Texas,

but my wrists are NORMAL........

Victory comes with winning small battles.....and I'll take a well-fitting wristwatch as a WIN!

Way to go Harley!! I can't wait to be able to wear my real engagement ring and wedding band and get rid of this cheepo that I bought because the otehrs were too tight.

Christine

NSV... PB... I'm so confused! I'm new to this site and I need an abbreviations guide. Someone help me with all of the board lingo.

NSV = NON-scale VICTORY!

Something that happens as a result of weightloss that is not directly tied to the numbers.....like fitting in to clothes, seatbelt finally fitting, a hug that wraps all the way around.....things like that!!

Here's a link to the thread with all of the definitions:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f73/abbreviations-what-they-mean-7959/

Edited by HarleyGirl

I have my first!! I found myself sitting in our big stuffed rocking chair with my legs bent under me and I was so comfortable. It was not a conscious thought to do it. It ws wonderful!

Christine

I have my first!! I found myself sitting in our big stuffed rocking chair with my legs bent under me and I was so comfortable. It was not a conscious thought to do it. It ws wonderful!

Christine

:thumbup::thumbup::crying::thumbup:

YAY!

These are the kinds of things that are important....I don't give a rat's ass what the scale says, it's all about quality of life things!

I was able to walk around the mall Saturday for about 2-3 hours and not once did I feel like I had to sit down. Before, everytime I went into a store, I felt like I had to sitdown.

Back into my old jeans..... size 14 Australian (i think it's size 12 US)... woo woo! And only 4 weeks post-op!

Mind you, they are SKIN TIGHT, but i'm not letting that faze me!

i fit into my old navy size 20's and bought a pair of xl pants!!!

someone called me radiant today.:thumbup:

I just noticed yesterday that I started sitting "Indian Style" on the couch. <----(I know not politically correct but I don't know what else to call it.) I used to sit that way all the time but I couldn't do it for a while. Just a little thing, but it something.

i had one Saturday. We were getting ready to go to the fair, and the only pair of jeans i have i've patched a couple of times already (between thigh area) and noticed that i could possibly rip them out if i moved just right (wrong?). i was tense and didnt want to wear pants to the fair, i want to wear jeans like everyone else. hubby tells me he's not going to go with me all stressed out, tells me to go buy some jeans. but i tell him i'm not buying jeans that, hopefully, are going to be too big soon and i dont even know what size i wear (i've been refusing to buy any clothes for a while.

he asked me if i didnt want to know truly what size i wear, and i said yes. i hate buying clothes because the sizes are so huge, i hate clothes shopping, i hate trying stuff on, etc. but he convinces me to buy some, i ask him to go with me, in case i break down in the store.

so, after walking around and looking at the selections they had, almost getting discouraged, i grab 3 pair, to try on. (let me just say right here, that just because one is fat, doesnt mean they are tall, damn i hate that) anyway, i decided on a pair of jeans, and a pair of capris (dont really like capris on me because i'm too short, make me look shorter and heavier, but they are comfy around the house)

anyway, the jeans i got, they were loose in the waist, at the end of the day, i could take them off without unzipping. funny thing is they are the same size as the ones i had. but they fit better. my butt and thighs(especially thighs are so huge) always have to get a size to fit them, not my waist.

i just thought it was amazing that i can get them off and on without unzipping them. seems small right now, but it sure made me happy!

I just noticed yesterday that I started sitting "Indian Style" on the couch. <----(I know not politically correct but I don't know what else to call it.) I used to sit that way all the time but I couldn't do it for a while. Just a little thing, but it something.

According to my kids, that's now called "Criss-cross applesauce"! And no, they're no longer in pre-school.:thumbs_up:

1 week after surgery I was walking thru the kitchen and my wedding ring flew off my hand! I think I will just tye a string around it to keep it on. No need to get it sized yet because I'm just getting started!!