Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first NSV! Share yours as they happen!

I discovered my 1st NSV this past weekend. My mother died in 2004 and prior to her death she gave me a 1 1/2 carat diamond ring. I wore it for a while until I almost had to have it cut off my finger. After that epidsode I stored it in my jewlery box and thought I would eventually give it to my daughter. My band has been getting looser so this past weekend I tried on my mother's diamond. It's loose on my finger and I have to put another ring on over it to not have it slide off. Yep, I'm happy!!

I had my first NSV yesterday. My daughter has a pair of jeans that are way too big for her (size 24). I asked her if I could wear them when I lose about 10 more pounds. she said, "mom you can wear them now, because they are "magical Jeans"". I was thinking "yeah right". I tried them on and they fit. It was way too cool. I haven't been able to fit jeans for about two years now and it is great to be able to have zippers instead of elastic all around.

Congrats to everyones NSV......

Yay to everyone! SpecialK, your story made ME smile real big, too - in a very manly way, of course. I love that Busy can wear her mother's ring again!

And Bratz, your daughter sound like a keeper...

I've had such a busy week that I can't remember whether or not I posted about it, but I had an NSV, too: my pants and belt were loose, and I went to tighten the belt to prevent flashing the passersby (not actually a HUGE issue in NYC, to be frank) - and discovered that my belt has run out of notches and can't be tightened any more!

I shall now make a Walk of Pride to the cobblers, and have them trim the belt and put in new notches. I'm going to ride this belt down until it's just a little nubbin!

I discovered my 1st NSV this past weekend. My mother died in 2004 and prior to her death she gave me a 1 1/2 carat diamond ring. I wore it for a while until I almost had to have it cut off my finger. After that epidsode I stored it in my jewlery box and thought I would eventually give it to my daughter. My band has been getting looser so this past weekend I tried on my mother's diamond. It's loose on my finger and I have to put another ring on over it to not have it slide off. Yep, I'm happy!!

I lost my Mom in 2004 as well........I know what a wonderful feeling that must have been!

I'm very happy for you.....I'll bet that ring looked positively stunning on your slender finger!

Your Mom was smiling, I'm sure!

I had an NSV last nite, when my DH gave me hug after I got home from work, he told me "he could tell I was losing weight because he could get his arms all the way around me again". That put a smile on my face!!

My fave pair of Levi's did not fit in December. I was trying on winter clothes to go visit NY (I live in So FL now) and I couldn't get them up over my butt - I was very upset - size 16. Tried them on a few days ago - went right up, zipped, snapped - wore them out last night to Celebrate a friend's bachelorette party and I felt good! The legs are actually getting a lil loose!!!:thumbup:

Congrats everyone on your NSV!!!

I'm not sure if this is one, but I've had some fellow teachers say that they've noticed I lost weight. Some know I have the band, but some think I'm on a really strict diet. Well today for the first time I had one of my students say that it looks like I'm getting smaller!!! a 16 year old, never notices anything about an adult because they are so into themselves. It made me smile really big!!!

JDUBO, you deserve a big smile. Tonight, DH's turn to cook, so we went to Subway for dinner. I ordered a salad and after getting our food and sitting down, the manager walked over to our table and said he noticed I had lost a lot of weight. (He knows nothing about my band) He told me to keep up the good work. DH said the manager thought I had lost weight through eating as Subway like Jarrod off the commericals did.

Hi Everyone, I had my fist NSV yesterday. I actually walked into a Nordstrom's Rack and I was able to try on the clothes that they had in the store. This has been the first time for me in a very long time. I did not buy anything there because I did not want to pay so much money for an item of clothing that I know I won't be wearing in a month. :thumbup: I am glad that I now have more options in clothing instead of having to shop at only a few stores. :eek:

Congrats to everyone!!! Keep up the AWESOME work. :tongue:

I had a customer come in the shop today and just first mention that I looked nice today....and then said....GET THIS...."You're TINY....how much weight have you lost?"

TINY + ME in the same conversation......AMAZING!

Haha! I LOVE these stories!

You guys rock!

I just had someone tell me that it was time to burn the vest I wear a lot, that it was way too big for me now. And that was already two sizes down from what I was wearing at the start of this whole process!

Plus my pants are falling down - not so much a V in the NSV, to tell the truth! I just haven't had time to take it to a cobblers and get it cut down and have holes added to it.

Tuesday I went to my kick-boxing aerobics class. Afterwards, my instructor came up to me and told me that it looked like I had lost weight. I was so inspired, I almost went and got on the treadmill to do another hour of cardio (but I aint crazy...I know when to say when!):thumbup: