Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to you guys the other night. I ended up chatting with that prospective patient for a while in the lobby right outside the room. Hope you're all having a good weekend. I've made an appointment for the Tuesday after Thanksgiving for a fill. My first since May. I didn't realize it has been so long since I've had a fill. I've also lost a few pounds in the past week....so things are looking up. I've been making more effort to get to the treadmill and have started playing on the elliptical, too.

I have had 2 dates now, too! :) Things are looking up....Happy Thanksgiving! :)

I agree, it was great seeing you all again at the meeting. Sorry I had to run off, but my daughter and I were on our way to an art class that we take together and she was getting nervous that we were going to be late!!!

Meetings are a great way to remind me that I am not alone and that this tool really works!!!!

I think I am going back to the doctor on Tuesday for a slight unfill-not throwing up, but feel that I can hardly eat and that tight feeling is very annoying. I will keep you posted.

Tova

Well, I guess I just couldn't wait. Ended up in the emrgency room Sunday morning after vomiting 5 times on Saturday. I took them a little bit of poking to get to the port and they took out 2cc!! I now have 6cc in my band. I feel like I will need alot of self control since I have ZERO restriction. I went to the doctor this afternoon and he said everything looks good and to come back in two weeks for a small fill. I really hopes he gives me back at least one cc!!!! I have been doing so well I really dont want to fall.

I will keep you posted

Tova

Oh, Tova....I'm so sorry to hear about that! Weren't you without a fill for a long time, too? I haven't had a fill since either April or May. I've had 2 unfills since then, but no fills. I am scheduled for a fill the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. I have very little restriction and have (and can) eat everything I want. I've been balancing with working out more to compensate, but I'm getting a little tired of the whole workout thing.......

Somehow this is frustrating when I see others losing so much more weight without the extra effort I need to put into it.....

Feel better. I'm surprised they took out so much, but I suppose it wasn't your usual dr......Dr. Robinson is pretty conservative. I'll be curious to hear what he puts back in for you! Keep us posted. :) Happy Thanksgiving!

Tova I am sorry to hear that as well. Were you swollen or was something stuck? How do you feel now? Dont worry about failing, its MORE important that you heal.

L2T7 I may need some tips on the dating thing

I finally had a bit of restriction with my fill last week but its fading. Will be going back in on Monday for the post Turkey Day fill rush. :)

Ha, ha, ha...I don't think I'm in any position to give dating advice. I made the mistake of telling a few key people that I'm single again...and before I knew it, the guys came out of the woodwork. I realize most people would be excited by this---but it bothers me on several levels. First, I wasn't interested in them before I was with my ex. Nothing has changed since then! More importantly, I find myself horribly offended by men who wouldn't give me the time of day last year or before....and now, after LB surgery, I'm suddenly the kind of woman they want? I get really annoyed about that.

So...dating is a challenge. I went to dinner last night with a guy. I started getting nervous. Not horribly stuck, but stuck enough that I couldn't eat but 3-4 small 1/4 inch pieces of chicken....so I had to use the bathroom to clear it all out. Pushed my salad all around the plate and spent more time talking than eating. Was difficult! Been out on 3 dates with 3 different guys. Guy from last night wants instant relationship. NOT happening right now for me. Gotta learn to be more assertive....hard to imagine, right?! Not assertive with men, though.

Still talking to a few guys and waiting for a friend of a friend to call me. Hasn't happened yet. We'll see....Call me. We'll go out. I don't have issues meeting men or getting dates. I have issues with relationships!!!! :)

Thanks for your good wishes. I feel much better today, surprise, I can eat almost anything zero restriction, which is getting me nervous, I dont want to loose my momentum.

I really hope that I can at least get bacck 1cc. I have an appointment for December 9. I am going to work hard on getting to the gym and keeping myself focused. I need all the encouragement, so thanks again

tova

thats good to hear Tova and you are still steady with your weight loss right?

well my what restriction I had from the last fill has faded. Im in that okay during the day but starving at night phase. So Im glad Vernon had me book a fill with only 2 weeks btw.

L2t7 your using the internet to date correct? match?

I just need to met people and get out and about. I used to be so social now all I do is work, shop, go to the gym. What info do you share with your dates. d "hey I used to be obese then I had WLS" or just let it go?

Happy Post turkeyday, I enjoyed my foods, good thing a lot of the sides just slide down. Oh and I wont try to make a turkey sandwich on soft bread again.

Ok, first, I want to complain...I ate very little food at our Thanksgiving dinner because I wanted to save space for apple pie. Yes, I did have a slice of turkey, but didn't want to fill up on the other stuff. Then, a few hours after eating, I was told everyone was leaving. NO PIE. I know it was there--My Mom made it. I have no idea what happened, and I didn't dare ask, but what a bummer!!!

I'm not on Match, I'm using another site, but in addition, I've taken matters into my own hands--talking to friends, socializing in bars, and meeting guys at games. I was at the Celtics game on Friday--wish I could talk with that young girl from out last support meeting now. I can answer the questions about drinking and shots now!! Met a bunch of guys Friday then at the BC-Maryland football game again today. A friend of a friend was surprised to hear I was single and wanted to give my info to a friend. Going out to watch the Patriots' game tomorrow, too. I'm finding that just putting myself out there and leaving my place is a great way to meet guys! I've never had issue meeting them, just keeping them.

As far as the conversation goes---it hasn't come up yet. I've been on like 5 or 6 dates, but haven't progressed to the point where anyone might see my scars or worry about my eating. I am finally going for my first fill in like 6 months on Tuesday, so things may change by the next date....and I'm about to start going out on 2nd dates now, too. We'll see. I did mention weight loss to one guy I met because he was saying some disparaging remarks about a fat girl out at the bar and I found it all pretty offensive. That's when I asked how he'd feel if I was over 300 pounds......conversation really changed at that point. He was cool, though. He realized he was being offensive and apologized.

I'm headed to bed finally. Busy weekend......lots of going out, but that's a good thing. Hope you guys have had a fantastic Thanksgiving weekend. :thumbup:

Well...let me complain on the other end of the spectrum...I ate anything and everything on Thanksgiving...I have not had any restriction yet!! I have started to gain some weight...about 6 pounds... and am getting really frustrated!! I don't feel like I have the band at all!! To top all of that off, my lovely MIL keeps asking me how the weight loss is going when she knows damn well that I am not losing...!!!!!!Ahhh! When she questions me constantly, it makes me want to eat! Hence...getting back to my old habits that got me here in the first place...I am so not motivated to go to the gym, but I am trying to work out at home...

I am going to have a fill on Tuesday...Paige...what time are you going? I'll be there for 10:45:) I hope that this fill will be the one!! I need some serious help!!

I have a 9:00 AM appointment!

Don't give up yet...and, as far as your MIL goes, LIE! Don't let her be one of your stresses as the holidays approach. You have so many other things that demand your attention--focus on them.

I did go out and eat everything and anything at the Melting Pot last night. I've been working out hard and finally broke to the low 230's.....then, after a big weekend out, blew it ALL! Yep...back to 242 this morning. LOL. ONE WEEKEND! It happens. I'm just happy to get a fill. (I'll have to ask how much he's put in there and how large my band is, too......)

So, my darling, you're not alone. Get your fill--it's in 2 days. Follow the rules as much as you can. I hate to say this, but you would not have gone to the extreme of having something surgically implanted if you had the self control to do this yourself....when you're adequately filled, it will get easier. Of course, as Tiny and Tova will tell you, there are things that get far more challenging, too. You will start to lose more weight, but it won't be easy. The whole getting stuck thing becomes a challenge and makes you focus on something else, no doubt! Keep your chin up and face each meal as it comes. Forget about the pressure from you MIL. Lie. Tell her you've lost a few. She won't know the difference!!!

Talk with you soon! :cursing:

I know its frustrating mommyslim but we have the bigger band and it takes more to get to the 'green zone'. I gained 5lbs without restriction and just got it off in 2 weeks since my last fill.

guess what? I canceled my fill appt today. I was debating it all weekend bc I am almost "there".I finally feel a bit of restriction but still eating larger portions. No pb'ing but now I have gotten stuck on bread (OMG painful!!!!).

Speaking of which one of the reasons why I canceled was bc I got stuck the other day and I still feel a tiny bit of soreness in my chest. Is that normal? To still be sore?

Other reason why I canceled is bc I have to fly out tomorrow for a business trip I dont want to be out of town only on liquids with the poss of getting too tight.

L2T7-All my friends are married and settled so no connections there. Guess I gotta do it on my own. I so need to I make to a BC game as my cousin only has a year left to play. Did you get rained out yesterday?

L2T7-All my friends are married and settled so no connections there. Guess I gotta do it on my own. I so need to I make to a BC game as my cousin only has a year left to play. Did you get rained out yesterday?

silly girl, they don't get rained out. My friends are all married, too, but they all have coworkers, friends, etc.... No more BC games this year. Season is over. League Championship is on Saturday in Tampa!

Have a safe trip. Fill tomorrow for me! I'm so excited!!! :thumbup: Katie, good luck with your fill. let me know how it goes!

Oh I know I watched BOTH football games. Just wondering if YOU got rained on. :thumbup:

good luck to the both of you...I am a bit disappointed that I didnt get my fill even though it was my choice and for the best.

But you know how it goes...fills represent optimism

Ok..so the joke with this whole setting me up thing is on me. I talked with this friend of a friend again today. We've been talking for a few days but haven't gone out. He was talking about having his monthly dr. appointment this week--so I asked why. He simply said he's been going since April and left it at that. SO I had to ask....and he's had LB surgery. My friend who set me up with him has had GB and is one of the few people who knows I had surgery. I think he intentionally set me up with someone else who had surgery, too! How funny is that?? Sad part is, the guy had surgery 6 months after me and has lost as much weight as I have...WITHOUT working out. Not fair. He drinks beer. I bust my butt on the treadmill and stay away from carbonation. So unfair.

Tiny, have a super trip. Hope the weather is good and you are able to get a little time to yourself. What's up for this month's meeting? Are you guys going?? :biggrin: