Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

Without putting salt on any wounds, I am glad that I am in such good company. After my unfill 2weeks ago, I have gained 7 pounds, I am getting a little bit upset, but I am not letting it depress me since than I will go on a major binge ataack which I am very capable of doing. I am trying to hang in there until Monday afternoon for my next fill. I really miss having restriction!!!

Tova

Oh, and I'm on liquids for the first time since April. I never was very good at following directions. I don't know how you guys do, but I'm not good with things like mashed potatoes. They're just too thick. It's not a restriction thing for me--I got stuffed really fast on them back when I needed a fill, too. I'm hoping that this fill will make things move along.

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Tova. You may be up a few pounds, but with your emergency room story, I'd rather hear you're up a few!!

I haven't worked out since Sunday. Monday I wasn't feeling well, Tuesday I felt worse and had the fill and just can't drag myself out today.....I figure I deserve a few days off. Oh, well.

Hi everyone! Glad to see your all doing well.

Tova~I hope your comfortable now.

I haven't been around in a while/ I'm doing good. Down about 25 lbs!!! YAAAAAY! I was having a hard time for a while. I had my 3rd fill on Nov 24th. I sware I felt more restriction w/ my 2nd. I don't know?????? :cursing:

Today I actually exercised too!!! Woooo whooo me!!!! TTYL!

Congrats, Heidi! I hope Fatmommyslim will find the same thing with her new fill...

Fatmommy, how's the liquids going? Are ya eating the solids yet?! I gave in. I'm stuffed, but I couldn't do liquids. I figure, it went down, no issues, just restriction. I'm good. :cursing:

Ok...I've definitely confirmed it--my band tightens when I'm stressed out. I can't even get Water down right now but ate full foods last night. My ex came by to deliver the box for my tv. Now that we're definitely not on good terms, figured I'd better take everything in the event he gets nasty....and I didn't sleep at all last night worrying about seeing him. Funny thing is, with as much thought as I gave it, he nearly drove and dropped at the same time. If it weren't for the box being so large and cumbersome, he probably wouldn't have even gotten out of his car. So...best news is that it's been almost 45 minutes since he left and I'm starting to feel better and relax. Frustration is that he still has this effect on me. Oh....time....time heals all wounds, right?

My bandiversary is a week from tomorrow--and we had that HUGE snowstorm the next day! One day at a time....I'm working on it. :cursing:

hey all I am back from my trip. It was brutal and I was eating poorly the whole time (pizza, pastries, fast food). I guess I could have tried harder but either I was in an airport, on a plane or in a catered meeting. I could tell I was retaining a LOT of Fluid when I jumped on the scale and it said I was up 6/7 lbs. Doesnt surprise me as I have been eating so badly and been on 4 different planes. Today took it easy and I think I dropped most of that weight.

I will be calling Monday for a fill, I bet it will be hard to get an appt this time of year.

Tova I am sorry to hear of your disappointment and I can relate but its better to let your stomach heal a bit then to push with too quick of a tightening. I know you and you will drop those pounds! Doesnt is just stink how much we NEED that restriction?

L2T7 sorry to hear of your recent stress, hows the tightness now? Take some time for yourself so you dont get super sick.

heidi congrats on hitting 25lbs!!! how thrilling!

slimmom how you have been since the fill?

Welcome, YLJ. How are things going for you thus far? Who was your surgeon? Many of us tend to go to the support group meetings at the Brigham, rather than the Faulkner because they're more widely attended and easier access from the highway for all of us.

Tiny, glad to hear you're home safely. I'm not losing since my fill, but I'm at least able to once again eat some solids...I'm hoping it's a girly thing, but we'll see. Only time will tell. I saw my ex on Thursday briefly and I expect that'll be it for us. I am going to indulge in a haircut and color tomorrow morning...new look for my new life. LOOK OUT!!

Have a great weekend, ladies! :thumbup:

Thanks TINY!

It is hard when your away to stay on track.

I think I'll see if i can get in a bit early for my next fill. I hope this is the one to get me to my sweet spot # 4.

Have a good one everyone,

Good Morning

I am feeling just wonderful today. I do have some issues with skim milk and carnation instant Breakfast. I am going to start on soy milk today and see if that helps the problem. I attended one group a BW and I really enjoyed it. I too will be traveling there even though Faulkner is closer to where I live at. My surgeon was Dr. Mun and I found him to be very personable and caring. I felt very comfortable with him before and after surgery.

I enjoyed this forum I enjoy the positive feedback and messages.

Banded 12/3/08

Faulkner Hospital

Dr. Mun:thumbup:

Depending on when you went to the meeting there, you may have already have met most of us, then!!

Glad to hear you're feeling well, aside from the milk issue. I actually tried taking some lactose intolerance chewables with mine. It really helped me tolerate being on liquids.

Are you able to sleep? Are you in much pain? Have a good weekend. :thumbup:

Good Morning

I am feeling just wonderful today. I do have some issues with skim milk and carnation instant breakfast. I am going to start on soy milk today and see if that helps the problem. I attended one group a BW and I really enjoyed it. I too will be traveling there even though Faulkner is closer to where I live at. My surgeon was Dr. Mun and I found him to be very personable and caring. I felt very comfortable with him before and after surgery.

I enjoyed this forum I enjoy the positive feedback and messages.

Banded 12/3/08

Faulkner Hospital

Dr. Mun:thumbup:

Glad your doing well!! :biggrin:

Welcome, YLJ! I had lactose intolerance right after surgery. Sometimes it is temporary sometimes not. It could be from the high dosage of antibiotics in your system that they give you after surgery. I use the pills and whey Protein (Carnation Instant has milk in it) then after a few weeks I slowing introduce milk products back into my diet and I am fine with it now.

Le us know if you have any questions, I have found the support here immeasurable.

well its Monday. time to buckle down with food choices and hopefully break this up/down cycle....oh and I have to call for a fill too.

Ok...so I have this tightness in my chest and a burning--but not in the base of my throat the way it was pre-surgery for reflux. I am sore on the spot in the center of my chest, at the base of my ribs.....am I too full?? I finally got my first fill in 6 months and need the scale to move. UGH. I've been really stressed and just realized next week is my TOM...so I'm probably PMS'ing, too. I don't want to be on liquids for the rest of my life, but if it helps lose weight....oh, I'm up for it now!!

Anyone else get the burning in your chest of the soreness at the ribs? I feel congestion in my lungs, so I'm wondering if I'm just getting a cold or if I'm overfilled....anyone??