Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brigham and Women/Faulker Hospital

Excellent job, Heidi. Now don't weigh yourself again for a few days---your weight will/should fluctuate throughout the day and from day to day. Don't keep checking because you'll get frustrated if it goes back up.

You going to make it out next Monday for the meeting? Keep up that great work! :blush:

Thanks Paige!!

Yes, your right I won't weight again for awhile. What time does that meeting start? I'll look into getting a sitter.

ANYONE~

What was your average weightloss monthly when you were doing exercise & eating right?

Edited by heidib

Jay after you got stuck did you got to liquids and progress from there. You could be swollen and starting a cycle of eat, swell, stuck, eat, swell stuck....hows your H20 intake bc if thats down that wont help either. STRICT liquids for at least 24hrs and then mushies.

...I didn't know you were supposed to restart the cycle when you got stuck. Thanks! hopefully that's just what it is!

Hello Everyone!

I'm back from my vacation (I took my niece to Disneyworld) and I will say that pb'ing in a disney bathroom is a nice experience. Losing your dinner to the tune of "it's a small world after all" is actually kind of reassuring.

I have an appointment in a week so I'm going to have a small unfill, I joined a new gym that has classes (I can't be left alone in a gym to my own devices, I have no idea what I'm doing there, besides people watching), and hopefully the combination of things will work for me. I was kind of upset to hear Dr. R say that my weight loss "was slower than expected" at my last appointment. But maybe that's the motivation that I need.

Hope you're all doing well!

Hello Everyone!

I'm back from my vacation (I took my niece to Disneyworld) and I will say that pb'ing in a disney bathroom is a nice experience. Losing your dinner to the tune of "it's a small world after all" is actually kind of reassuring.

Hope you're all doing well!

well I was pbing down by the Hyannis harbor trying to hide it from all the tourists...seems I can only tolerate crispy crispy bacon. I always seem to have trouble while on vacation away from my "normal routine".

Oh and that work weight loss challenge? It ended today bc of my trips and traveling I gained weight and was 1lb higher than when we started. :thumbup:

Hey everyone. I'm a little upset today. I HATE my scale!!!! I had not weighed myself since sunday & did today & was WAY up again!!! I tossed my scale in the trash this morning. I HATE that thing! :thumbup:

Good move. STAY away from the scale!!

You going Monday?

Debating about getting another fill. I have barely any restriction and am up about 7 or 8 pounds----not surprising because I can eat just about anything---but I also had to stop working out a few months ago, so I have that working against me, too. I don't want to be overfilled, but seriously....I need some help from my band, too! What to do?!

Good move. STAY away from the scale!!

You going Monday?

Debating about getting another fill. I have barely any restriction and am up about 7 or 8 pounds----not surprising because I can eat just about anything---but I also had to stop working out a few months ago, so I have that working against me, too. I don't want to be overfilled, but seriously....I need some help from my band, too! What to do?!

Get a tiny fill if you can. Did you hurt yourself workingout?

I can't get anyone to watch the girls for me. No meeting this time. :laugh:

PS~ I couldn't do it,,,,,,,,,,,I picked my scale out of

the trash :laugh:.

I'm trying to be goos today but that bag of chips is calling me. Especially since my scale let me down again :cursing:!

All this talk of PBing, weight gain, getting stuck, is making me nervous.

Less than 2 weeks for me now. I started my liquid diet and have lost about 4 lbs, which is good, cuz I have my preop appt. on Monday and it will bring me back to my last weight check..10lbs down, hoping to lose another 5 before surgery.

Can someone answer this question for me? Do we have to pay for fills or are they covered by insurance, at least say the first couple? I have Blue Cross. I can see how all the filling and unfilling can get expensive if we pay out of pocket.

TIA

Sandy :wink:)

Hi, Sandy.

The first few post-op appointments are covered by the program fee you paid---though I don't remember for how long. Help me out here, guys--it's either first 3 or 6 months. After that, I pay my usual co-pay. Nothing else.

Well 10 days and counting, just got back from Vegas with the hubby had a great time, so I started the pre op diet today I know a little late by couldn't do much in Vegas.....Congrats Heidi. So any last words of wisdom? I'm not really nervous, although the hubby and my mom are, I have full faith in my surgeon, feel good with my choice of the realize band and comfy with the research in general and all the great info here on this forum. Thanks everyone for all the info, its helping on this wonderful journey

PS~ I couldn't do it,,,,,,,,,,,I picked my scale out of

the trash :wink:.

I'm trying to be goos today but that bag of chips is calling me. Especially since my scale let me down again :w00t:!

Congrats girl............you can do it, its your time

Hey all! It's me! No, I haven't vanished, just been incredibly busy lately... Had surgery a year ago and down 20 lbs and lots of inches. It has been frustrating, but therapy has helped a lot... I knew I wasn't eating b/c I was just hungry!!! I am still committed to the band, but it did take me 10 months to get restriction!!! I am finally at a point where I KNOW I have the band in... Hey to my girls and hopefully I'll see you at one of the meetings:):tongue2: K

Hey all! It's me! No, I haven't vanished, just been incredibly busy lately... Had surgery a year ago and down 20 lbs and lots of inches. It has been frustrating, but therapy has helped a lot... I knew I wasn't eating b/c I was just hungry!!! I am still committed to the band, but it did take me 10 months to get restriction!!! I am finally at a point where I KNOW I have the band in... Hey to my girls and hopefully I'll see you at one of the meetings:):tongue2: K

Will be at the meeting tomorrow at the Faulkner if you can get someone to watch the kids!! Would love to see you!