Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Helmuth Billy?

Hey, all! So, I'm probably about halfway through the process now and have been looking at Dr. Billy in Thousand Oaks/Ventura County. I've heard nothing but good things so far, but just wanted to get as many opinions as I can!

I know he's well known for taking care of complications caused by other doctors, which is very cool. Just wanted to know about how things went when Dr. Billy was the guy who did your band in the first place!

Thanks, all!

Nick

I had a great experience with Dr Billy. He does my fills also. I can't wait to go back to him. (I just had a baby and had to have all my fill removed.) I am excited to get skinny again.

Dr billy is a great doctor but his personality is RUSHED and AROGANT! So what. I don't go to him for friendship. I wish I would have picked him first.

Contact me if you need more info.

Christine

I am looking into the same group for my surgery. I was originally supposed to see Dr. Billy but due to a change of Seminars I ended up seeing Dr. Korman. He was nice but I think I am finding most surgeons are a little arrogant. Good luck with your journey.

Dr Billy is an excellent surgeon and his staff is excellent as well. I just attended one of his seminars but I also do know him from the local hospital as well. He does seem to be full of himself but all doctors are, aren't they?

I am trying for insurance auth right now so that I can get the band done, and i'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I was banded by Dr. Billy in April and couldn't have been happier with him. His credentials outweigh any lack of bedside manner for me, but I thought he was very nice. I was very impressed with his expertise. I wouldn't have entrusted my life to anyone less experienced.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches