Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

I ask my neighbor about the fills since she is a Dr Schmitt patient. She said that Lisa has done both of hers.

She also suggested that I NOT get the deadening shot. Says it hurts and the fill isn't nearly as bad. Is this correct information?

She drinks Adkins Advantage shake, twice a day. It has 15g Protein, 1g sugar, 1g net carbs, and 2g of Fiber. Said that it has helped regulate her bowel movements. I tried the vanilla flavor and it isn't as good as the Matrix but I can tolerate it in order to get the fiber on a daily basis.

i have only had one fill and did not get deadend and it was no more painfull than a regular shot. I drink Eas AdvantEdge carb control from Walmart 17g Protein and 2g net carbs and 9 sugar. chocolate and strawberry are my favorite the are 4 for 4.97. Just passing that along i usually drink 2 a day to g et all my protein in

I dont use the shot I use EMLA cream. I put it on about an hour before my fill and then wipe it off right before I dont feel a thing, just pushing thats all. Anyhow good luck everybody!

I dont use the shot I use EMLA cream. I put it on about an hour before my fill and then wipe it off right before I dont feel a thing, just pushing thats all. Anyhow good luck everybody!

where do you get the cream? or is it something you can buy over the counter.

i have a update for everyone.

i went about 3 weeks ago to get a fill. well dr.miles couldn't get it. so lisa had to come in and do the fill. come to fine out my port as turned sideways some. they said no big deal there. i was like ok then. well lisa pulled some of the fill out and was suppost to put it back in plus .5cc's. well i went home and done liquids for 24 hrs. wll after that i start to feel hungry the next day. i notice after i had eatten i didnt get full like i should. i just took it as my feel just didnt kick in yet. so the next day the samething happen. so i called and got a appointment to see the dr. then that night i started to feel the restriction. so i didnt go to the dr. aftr about 2 days the restriction was gone again. so im gong to call and go tot he dr and see what they can fine out. im hoping that when lisa put the feel back in she didnt put all of it back in. so wish me luck.

so far i have done good i think. i have tried to eat as best as i can with the restriction i got.

Let us know what they say Jason!

EMLA cream is just lidocaine but yeah its a script. Ask the doc to write it for ya.

Good luck Jason hope all goes well

One thing too that could have happened is when she took that fill out and then put it back in your band could have just moved ever so slightly to a position that now you need more of a fill to compensate. Good luck to ya!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, Jason. Please let us know when you find out. Good luck.

ok, its been slow in here. lets here some updates. anyweight loss in the last few days?

the biggest loser is on tonight. i hope you all is watching it. it always helps me get up and try alittle more.

I def watched the biggest loser last night! Cant say Ive lost any wt here...I go back to the doc today for a reg check up Im hoping he'll move me to a 6 month f/u after today Im getting tired of seeing him so often and giving him money..lol I understand the obesity walk is at 9am.......I am contemplating on going I am supposed to be off that day bc I have family coming up from Fl....but I dont know if Im gonna drive to bham and then all the way to Ga...

All is well on this end. I FINALLY broke 90lbs. I am so excited. Funny how sometimes I can't even believe it myself. Like this is too good to be true. But it is!

I will be at the meeting this weekend. I actually gave up my Alabama football ticket so I could go. I just feel I do so much better when I go. I will also be doing the Walk from Obesity on the 26th.

Jason did you hear anything about your port?

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

=)

Shawna

jason i hope they get everything straightined out with your port and i will be at the meeting to as far as i know. glad to see everybody doin good i've lost 40lbs so far

That is awesome Busdriver!!! Looking forward to seeing you at the meeting!!!!

thanks fordgal but this week my eating habits stink i have been to busy to eat right but ill get back into it today

looks like you all are doing good.

and the time is as below kaninag sorry.

Walk Date: Saturday, September 26, 2009

Walk Location: Regions Park

Walk: 8:00 am

and i go the 23rd to see the dr. i had to change it do to some classes i have to take. trying to get my last certification for work. if i get it then it will mean a big raise and better job position.

not sure if i will be at the meeting this weekend. i got a wedding to go to that day.

Edited by JASON R

Well, my granddad or step grandad died last night in his sleep so I know I wont be at the meeting saturday and Jason we may not be at the wedding...will keep you posted.