Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Miles or Dr. Schmitt patients

hello everyone! im home and doing good. i been home since about 6pm. it went well. dr.miles told my wife that it was hard to get in there because of all the fat tissue in the way. but he said that wsa normal on big guys. im having some pain in the shoulders and in my stomach area. the pain medication helps some. and im taking some gas-x too. i have tried to drink every hour and got to eat one popsicile. but i think i over did it because i started hurting under my boob area a liitle so i stopped until it stopped hurting.

veronica came by and seen me before in the surgery twice, that was very nice. and i cant say enough about the people there that help me and took care of me. some of the most freindly people i have ever met. so if you are still waiting to get it done, dont worry because they are great people there.

well im going to go and rest a little now. i check back in the morning.

thanks everyone

jason r

nmydash thats my birthday,so i know it will be a great day for you.

I am so glad everything went well Jason!! Welcome to the other side! The staff is very good! You might receive a survey in the mail in a couple of weeks, be sure an fill it out and send it back in with your honest answers. That is how we get our bonuses/raises. =)

Hope you had a good night!

=)

Shawna

Way to go Jason! Glad to hear you are doing good! Keep us up to date on how your feeling!

i will fill it out when i get it ford.

well i got up about 6:30 this morning. dont fell to bad. i went ahead and took some med. veroncia said to take it and dont try and be a tought i guy.lol i walked the house 4 times also. going to go with my wife to take my son to Walmart and then come back and eat Breakfast well i mean drink it.haha i hate another popsicile before i went to sleep. i only got up 2 times to pee. i slept ok. my son keeps checking on me making sure im ok. got to love him. the wife wouldnt sleep in the bed, she wanted to sleep on the couch to make sure i was ok.

well i check back in later.

i will fill it out when i get it ford.

well i got up about 6:30 this morning. dont fell to bad. i went ahead and took some med. veroncia said to take it and dont try and be a tought i guy.lol i walked the house 4 times also. going to go with my wife to take my son to Walmart and then come back and eat breakfast well i mean drink it.haha i hate another popsicile before i went to sleep. i only got up 2 times to pee. i slept ok. my son keeps checking on me making sure im ok. got to love him. the wife wouldnt sleep in the bed, she wanted to sleep on the couch to make sure i was ok.

well i check back in later.

Jason, it sounds like you're doing great! Walk as much as possible, and don't forget your breathing exercises, that's really important. I'm glad you have such a good support system at home.

Jason, it sounds like you're doing great! Walk as much as possible, and don't forget your breathing exercises, that's really important. I'm glad you have such a good support system at home.

im doing pretty good i think. but you know what they didnt even give me the breathing machine. i forgot all about it until you just said something. i need to call them and ask about it. my sister might have one at work. i go by there and see.

You are doing great Jason! Keep up the good work... I went to my n. class today and I meet Veronica she's so sweet. Now I just have to go back to see Dr. Miles on the 5th then surgery on the 8th... I told everybody about this web sight and they all took down the web address....

You are doing great Jason! Keep up the good work... I went to my n. class today and I meet Veronica she's so sweet. Now I just have to go back to see Dr. Miles on the 5th then surgery on the 8th... I told everybody about this web sight and they all took down the web address....

Get out! I was there this morning too. Veronica is soo nice and supportive. I learned so much.

Veronica is one of the nicest ladies you will ever meet. she came by and seen me twice before the surgery. and how did you like the pics of here before the surgery. its great to see some lose so much weight like that. it gives me and everyone else hope to let us know we can do it to.

on a side note. i think i over done it today with the wal mart trip. once i got home i was hurtting. i took about a 3 hour nap. my wife is so great to me. i hope everyone of you have a great support group like me. she has had it ruff with the kids and me. i have tried to get all the fluids in me as i could. i found out that some crystal light doesnt agree with me. and i got to eat some Jello tonight for supper. it was so good. its like cheating but not really. because its soild but liquid lol.

i also been talking photos the last two days. i just got to take a shower and get my bandades off. it wasnt bad at all to take off. done just what veronica said to do. i started my food journal today also. im sorry i could go on on talking.

jason r

Jason, I'm so glad you're doing so well. Just take it easy and heal. I ate so much Jello at that stage, I don't think I can ever eat it again. Just the thought of it makes me gag! It just seemed to get sweeter and sweeter until it was disgusting. By the time I was a few days away from soft foods, I couldn't care less about eating something solid, I just wanted something that wasn't sweet.

You know, I never thought about Jello getting sweeter everytime you eat it ~ but if that is all you can eat, I can see that happening. I am just 6 days away from getting my last dr's release! WOO HOO!! After that, I will be scheduled for surgery (according to Naomi). How is everyone else doing?

Jason ~ I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well. Just rest as much as you can

hows everyone this morning. im feeling alittle better today.

i was eating some Jello last night and my little girl decided she wanted it. but thats what im about to eat for dinner. blackcherry is good right now. im sure i will get tried of it before long. i cant wait until saturday when i can go on full liquids. then at least i can have something else. my moms going to cook some potatos with white cream sauce. so i can have the cream sauce out of it. and my wife and kids will eat the potato's. well i guess im gone for now. i check back in later.

That sounds really good right about now. It's lunch time here and I'm hungry! Glad to hear you are doing good!