Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

low carbing it? come join me

Hey guys, I think I am going to take a break on low carbing for now. I just can't get back into the swing of it so I am just going to focus on eating healthy foods and watching my calories. I am going to add in fresh fruit and more veggies. I will still probably stay away from bread. I've been eating some Kashi crackers too and I love them. I am joining the YMCA today and I am excited to start working out. I think that will help me out a lot. Good luck to all of you, I wish you the best!

Hey guys, I think I am going to take a break on low carbing for now. I just can't get back into the swing of it so I am just going to focus on eating healthy foods and watching my calories. I am going to add in fresh fruit and more veggies. I will still probably stay away from bread. I've been eating some Kashi crackers too and I love them. I am joining the YMCA today and I am excited to start working out. I think that will help me out a lot. Good luck to all of you, I wish you the best!

Hi Georgia Girl...I am going to miss you. I know that low carbing is not going to be a forever thing with me either. I just need to jump start my weight loss! Hope to see you around!

Hi Georgia Girl...I am going to miss you. I know that low carbing is not going to be a forever thing with me either. I just need to jump start my weight loss! Hope to see you around!

Thanks birdee! I know at some point I will probably return to doing low carb, but right now it's just not working out for me. I'm gonna miss you guys too!

I do low carb, but I don't go crazy with it. I need the Fiber in my diet so I will have high Fiber whole grain Cereal which is supposed to be very good for us. I am not good at eating fruit. I need to get more fiber in my diet.

I am really tired of the Constipation.< /p>

Anyone have any suggestions for high fiber foods?

AthinnerDenise - I struggled with the Constipation for quite awhile, the first 3 months especially. What finally helped me was increasing my Water consumption and eatting 1/4 cup of the dry roasted endamame each day. The endamame has 8 fibers per serving. I had been eating benefiber tablets but they're only 1 fiber per tablet and didn't help me much. I don't now for sure which one has helped me the most, the water or the endamame, but I plan on keeping up with both.

I am going to give low carb a break for now as well. I went to the doctor yesterday and she really encouraged me to count calories and make sure that I am putting healthy foods in. I am going to try now to switch my focus on eating healthy from now on. I have begun to think of this as another diet. BLAH!! Low carbing works great for some people. It really works well for me at times too, but for now I am going to give it a reat. Best of luck to all of you guys.

Amy

Checkin' in:

I will likely always do low-carb. Low-carb doesn't mean chosing unhealthy foods, BTW, though today I could have made better choices. Good luck everyone else with whichever plan you choose.

Here is what I had today:

b-protein drink with drained peaches and 1/2 banana (50 gr protein)

l-4 chicken nuggets and 1/4 thin beef hamburger pattie

d-pepperonis and cheese

snack: 3-carb fudge popsicle, chai tea w/splenda, Special K protein/fiber Water

I look forward to the scale moving downward some more.

AthinnerDenise - I struggled with the Constipation for quite awhile, the first 3 months especially. What finally helped me was increasing my Water consumption and eatting 1/4 cup of the dry roasted endamame each day. The endamame has 8 fibers per serving. I had been eating benefiber tablets but they're only 1 fiber per tablet and didn't help me much. I don't now for sure which one has helped me the most, the Water or the endamame, but I plan on keeping up with both.

That's the stuff you have to buy online right? Can you give me the link again. I do drink at least 64 oz of water per day. Most days more.

I just put some fiber one in my yogurt. I read somewhere to put it in a coffee grinder and mix it in foods. That benefiber doesn't help me either.

Bunny, I am sorry. I didn't mean to imply that low carb is unhealthy. That is not the case at all. My working was very poor. What I was saying is that I am going to focus on healthy foods and not count carbs, etc. YOu can do low carb and eat VERY healthy. I am just shifting my focus from counting carbs right now. I am still searching for the plan that will work best for me from now on. Who knows, I may be back to low carbing it in a week. I am still trying to figure out what this new me looks like, or eats like. I am glad you found the best way for you. Best of luck to all y ou guys.

Amy

OK...Yesterday was a werid day! I think I am going to have to up my CARB intake on workout days. I almost passed out at the Y yesterday!!!!:lol:

B-Low Carb Slim Fast

L-@ Crab Rangoons(Chinese Foods) and less than half of my shrimp in garlic sauce, 1 TBLS rice

D-3oz of roast and 2 tablespoons of Brocolli & cheese

S-I Tablespoon of peanut butter-As soon as I got home for the Y. I thought I was going to DIE!!!

When I read all of my LB stuff from my surgeon, he promotes the low carb thing. He tells us to eat the meat first, if you are still hungry go for the veggies and to avoid starches.

I am at a loss with all this...That's why I got the band...so I would just eat very small portions of everything and forget about it!!!! :biggrin:

So I have decided to throw in a granola bar on the days I work out so I won't have that passing out feeling again!!!

I have lost 3 pounds. Not sure since when since I am getting over my cycle!

Yea, I have that same problem when I work out. I have 1/2 cup of

Kashi Crunch Cereal. It's very high in fiber and whole grain. If I don't eat it, I feel nauseous and like I am going to pass out, too.

Today I have had half of an Atkins bar

Lunch- broccoli and a few bites of steak. I am determined to eat more fiber so I ate more broccoli than steak.

dinner I will eat at the hospital with my daughter on her break.

It will be some sort of meat and veggies.

(Renewedhope-no apologies necessary...no offense taken at all.)

Birdee and AthinnerDenise, I got faint during a workout as well. That's why I started adding fruit and even a 1/2 banana to my Protein Drink in the mornings. We already eat very little so a few more carbs really won't hurt. I didn't like the faint feeling.

On with what I ate today:

b-ISOPURE Zero Carb strawberry Protein drink w/1/2 banana and drained peaches. (50 gr protein)

l-curry chicken (just the chicken...no rice or veggies except a few pieces of onion)

d-pepperonis and cheese, one weiner with some chili over it.

snack: chai tea, 3-carb fudge popsicle

I weigh in tomorrow with my PCP who hasn't seen me since two weeks after my surgery. At that point, I had only lost 14 lbs. He will be proud.

I am preparing for my band most likely in late June. The doc says I should do low carb. Any suggestions on good recipes or a cookbook. I want to be below 300# before surgery.

Well...looks like I'm checking in to myself. No one has been on this thread since I posted yesterday. Maybe it's because it's the weekend.

b-chocolate Protein drink

l-one weiner, two tbs of black-eyed peas, pepperoni slices

d-three cheese squares and turkey deli meat

snack-Starbucks skinny vanilla latte, a few fritos (oops!)