Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So how are the March Banders doing since surgery???

Share with us your surgery date and loses since....

Ups?

Downs?

Things we should stock up on?

Thanks!

Krista

(surgery on 3/25)

I had my surgery on 3/3/08 and I feel good. FIrst two days were a little rough...but over that and on to better things.

I am on soft foods now and I have lost 13 lbs in two weeks.

(need to change my thingy below i know)

I'm walking alot and besides the port area a tiny sore IM AWESOME.

I go in two weeks for my first fill...and I CANT WAIT

I was a little afraid at first but for no reason. I didnt feel anything. You have no restriction at first... but you dont feel hungry. Dont worry it will be great . GOOD LUCk ON YOUR JOURNEY

I was banded 3/11. 1st 4 days were bad from the gas I am hungry now living on ice pops, sf pudding Jello yogurt and on P shakes. I still have a gas issue I was in the Groc. Store Yesterday and had a wave of nausea and cold sweats while trying to find yogurt and thought I was going to pass out, came home and had a violent bup and dry heave session and I feel a ton better. But I have a sore abdomin worse when I stand no redness or sign of infection. I thought I would try to go to work later this week, I think I'll wait to next. I'm going to the movies solo today.:confused2:

Share with us your surgery date and loses since....

Ups?

Downs?

Things we should stock up on?

Thanks!

Krista

(surgery on 3/25)

((Just FYI - if you haven't read the loooong, master thread, you should! Lots of post-surgery info to be found there. :biggrin: ))

My surgery date was March 3rd, so today I'm exactly two weeks post-op.

I've lost 12 pounds since surgery, although I haven't officialy weighed myself today. :(

Ups: Weight loss, not having to really plan meals (I'm on liquids for 5 weeks post-surgery so most everything is a Protein shake or soup)

Downs: *grins* Sticking to full liquids for 5 weeks, the moments when hunger really kicks in.

Things to stock up on: Protein shakes! Protein is going to help you feel full and aids the healing process. Very important to get your protein in, so find what is appealing to you and stock up!

hi all

had my band fitted 6 days now every thing went fine

have pain in my neck and shoulder and where my port is dont feel hungry at all has any one else had there band fitted on the 13th ?

I was banded on March 14th. I was so thirsty after surgery I was begging for something to drink. They only let me swab my mouth at first. Then about 1/2 hour out of recovery I was able to drink 1 oz. every 15 minutes.

Friday I had no pain due to hospital drugs and drugs sent home. Saturday and Sunday I took pain prevention around the clock. Monday I returned to work. I am a teacher. My lunch time I had to go home. I looked like crap and felt worse. Keep in mind though I had no pain medicine that day. Came home slept for 3 hours and felt much better. Tuesday I woke up and felt like a new woman. I worked all day on Tuesday and still no pain medicine. Tuesday night though I started feeling sad, depressed, and angry I couldn't eat what my family was eating. I even questioned had I done the right thing. Wednesday, woke up feeling even better and today woke up feeling just as great.

I have not been hungry at all. However, being full has a whole new meaning for me. I can feel when I am full. I am on full liquid for 2 weeks and then mushies. Last night I did blend some chicken with mayo and mashed potatoes. Of course, it went down fine and no complications. I kept feeling really guilty and jumped on here. After reading some posts I decided I am going to wait and not do that again. I guess even though it goes down I am still healing, hense needing only liquids. So, today I am sticking to liquids only.

The hardest thing for me has been from the time I come home from work around 3:15 until bedtime. When my family is coming home and snacking and eating. This is also what I have done for 5 years. It has become a habit and a mindset or way of thinking that I must break. It is going to take time. I have made a list of things to do when I am having tough times. This has helped me. The other night when my husband was cooking I went outside and walked around untIil he was done. This helped me tremendously!!!!

I have had lots of burping. Each day I have been weighing myself. I know at some point I have to stop this. When I startd my liquids 2 weeks post op I weighed 277. Day of surgery I was 264. Today I am 257. So I am exactly 20 lbs down from 2 weeks post op. I am excited about the 7 lbs just since surgery.

Just think in one year what we are going to be reporting and then in two years. :-) :-) :-) :-)

I was banded on March 11th and have lost 22 pounds since surgery.

The ups: no nausea and I haven't had really any problems since the gas subsided.

The downs: my co-worker put a box of hot doughnuts on the meeting table the other day and I have never wanted anything sooooooo bad but nothing tastes as good as thin feels right?

Hello,

I was banded on 3/10. I spent over a week in the hospital afterwards with post surgical obstruction. Had to have another surgery while I was there. Anyways I'm doing better now. Each day gets a little easier. The good thing is I lost 17 lbs the week I was in the hospital and 8 so far this week. I can only have liquids. I tried yogurt, slim fast, pudding and they all came right back up. I'm already familiar with PBing I guess not a nice feeling at all. Is anyone else strugling to take in all the fluids or is it just me beacuse I'm so tight. Mr Dr said I might not need a fill for 6-9 months. Thanks for any info.

Steve

Well i was banded on March 19th and came home today. When I got out of surgery I was in no pain. I did take pain medication last night to help me sleep. I had some pain in my left shoulder and in my port area. I feel pretty good. Not really hungry at all. Thank goodnes for ice chips and sugarfree popsicals... I will most likely take some pain meds to help me sleep tonight at home. Walking is good fro the gas. I can't wait to take a shower tomorrow morning.

hello all, I was banned on the 19th came home yesterday and so far I feel great, no gas pains very little site pain, doing alot of walking and sipping very slowly, not hungry at all.

banded march 4th. doing really well. lost 13 lbs. having a bit of a problem being "regular" in the poo department - but that's about it. no port pain anymore...can eat anything (besides Pasta, rice, bread, etc) as long as i chew, chew, chew. can't wait for my first fill!

I was banded on the 18th. Still alittle sore and mentally hungry but surviving...sorta. Kids and DH had McD's yesterday and I had a melt down. On Clear liquids til tomorrow....Cant really say what I have lost yet as I am still bloated and then my "monthly" friend came to torture me too.

Stock up on SF popcycles, SF Jello, flavored Water and chicken stock.

And if you dont have one, a heating pad.