Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 days in Hospital??????

My hospital is saying that the Dr. REQUIRES a minimum of 3 DAYS STAY??? Surgeries on Thursdays but the hospital stay will be wednesday - friday....anyone else out there had a 3 day stay??? Is this normal ???????Or are they trying to collect extra $$$. Thanks All.:grouphug:

Extra money.

This is an outpatient procedure. Hello? That means less than 24 hrs.

As a precaution a doc may admit a patient for a day or so. But three....and you are not even there.

Extra money, I'd decline the stay. Tell your doc you'll make that call after you come out of recovery. Want to go home - GO! Want to stay...stay!

Good luck and keep us posted.

I'm in agreement with Grace, if you want to go, go and if you want to stay then stay. I however was in the hospital for 4 days and could have stayed 1 more. I don't know why it took so long for me to heal but it did. So I really wouldn't know what it is like to only be in the hospital for 1 day and then go home. As a matter of fact when I read how some have had surgery in the AM and gone home that evening it really blows me away. I thought to myself, "they must be amazing", but I see that it is the norm. I'm the one who's different.

So you decide whether to go home or not Lookin2loose, it really may be nice that you can have the choice too. Good luck to you and let us know how it went and how long you did stay, Dianne

There are some unanswered questions to this puzzle: how many co-morbidities do you have? Do you have a history of issues with surgery? What is your weight? And finally, are you self-pay or is the insurance company picking up the tab?

The reason I ask is that hospitals generally are trying to kick people out as quickly as possible nowadays--or perhaps you have a doctor who's being very careful.

I was in for one day and I felt like I was really being taken care of--so you may just want to sit back and allow yourself to be monitored / catered to for that time. (Being at home post-surgery isn't all it's cracked up to be!!) :grouphug:

Thanks Grace! I thought it was very unusual but they claim EVERYONE has to stay the 3 days...i am not sure what I should do come the actual surgery date. I haven't gotten to that point yet. I will keep you posted thanks again! BTW- You've done GREAT!! When was your BANDED date??

I go in for surgery next Friday and it's outpatient, surgery @ 8:00am and probably will be home by noon or so according to my doctor.

I have Type 2 Diabeties but they told me this day 1 before they had ANY info on me they say its their standard procedure they require a 3 day stay and i am hoping to get this approved thru insurance.

The hospital I am getting it done at is a two day stay, day of surgery and you are discharged the following day. They want to monitor you for 24hrs.

Mine is optional 1 night stay... I will probably opt out since I hate hospitals... atleast I know I have the choice.

if I was you i would probably go AMA (against medical advice)

My hospital says one day and overnighter. But I think they then go into the other factors such as Type II Diabetes may delay the healing by a day or so. They may see a bit overly cautious, but better that then not I say.

I went for my sleep study last night what a thrill. So many wires and such hard to sleep but the nurse said I was a champion snorer, up there with the men in volume LOL. May have to go another night when they hook me up with the mask. Won't know the details of if I have sleep apnea till they look over all the data. Good luck all.

are you self pay? If not, then i would just go with it. but if i were paying for each day then i would have a prob. with it. I stayed 1 night and it was great. The PCA pump is your friend.

I had my surgery at 10:30 am and was leaving the hospital at 4:45pm the same day.

I've heard of one day stays with people who have heart issues or diabetes but three? never heard of it that long. Yes, you are still sore by day three, but it's not that bad to where you need to stay in a hospital. Heck, I was outside walking up and down the street on day two.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches