Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm eating a brownie... okay, 3.

:confused2:I just want to complain for a minute, if that's ok with ya'll... My restriction is sooo messed up right now! What the heck is wrong with me? Sometimes I can't take more than 3 bites of something, and sometimes I can sit here and eat 3 fudge brownies! What is going on?

Tonight I was able to eat 4 oz. of lobster, a cup of rice and a small articoke. That's a lot of food. One minute I am ready to schedule a fill and the next minute I'm telling my self I'm at the perfect fill level! ??????

Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm like you. Some times I can't eat much and the scale will go down after a few days. But sometimes I can eat quite a bit more.

I'm on maintenance and still wonder about this.

Just enjoy the weightloss with the restriction and work a little harder during those times restriction seems faded.

It helps me to portion out, yeah, a teaspoon of this and that on my saucer. That way if the restriction has faded...I just do that again. And this prevents me from overeating.

Good luck!

Restriction is not a steady thing, it does fluctuate due to several factors. Menstrual cycle and congestion are a couple. If you're hungry, STAY AWAY FROM THE BROWNIES!!! Drink Water, have a yogurt, eat a piece of low fat cheese.

Yes, you have a lapband but you still need to make proper food choices. It takes a lot of focus and commitment. You can do it, just think before you put something in your mouth. "Do I really need this?"

Just because you have the band doesn't mean you can't eat the wrong things. It is a tool not a save all, will power is still necessary. It is still hard to lose the weight and takes alot of focus and correct choices. Just because you can doesn't mean you should, just like other choices in our lives!

Here is some better advice... MAKE the brownies yourself. I did. I made them with unsweetened dark chocolate... splenda... Soy Protein Flour, walnuts, Flaxseed oil... and sugar free pudding mix. That way if you MUST cheat.. you are actually doing it with a protein bar!!!!!

But, you are right... the restriction does change. I've found that if I don't eat past 6:00 then the next day is much tighter... try that!

ooo i like that i didnt even realize that if you dont eat for a bit you are tighter...my restricition changes all the time i dont understand it...one second i cant eat anything i get so sick and then another time i can eat a whole sandwhich without a problem...i do stick to my diet but i mean why is it sometimes i can eat an apple and sometimes i cant?? whats the deal...and i am going to try that brownie mix it sounds good!!

SOLID Protein ... it will keep you fuller longer.

brownies are delicious, but arent they what helped you get to the point you needed a band in the first place. one every once in awhile is fine, but 3? you can so do this. fill up with a Protein Bar, a piece of cheese, some chicken, beef, something Protein and leave the brownies alone ... :grouphug:

Just because you have the band doesn't mean you can't eat the wrong things. It is a tool not a save all, will power is still necessary. It is still hard to lose the weight and takes alot of focus and correct choices. Just because you can doesn't mean you should, just like other choices in our lives!

Anytime someone discards an entire type of food....not good.

It's okay to have a brownie. It's okay to have pizza. It's okay to have a burger, if you can actually digest it.

Experts agree depriving yourself isn't the way to go about modifying your lifestyle.

Moderation is.

So, to me the choice is clear, eat what you want, when you want...but make good choices.

Want a combo meal...go ahead. But it's not wise to do that three times in one day or more than 1-2x per week.

Anytime someone discards an entire type of food....not good.

It's okay to have a brownie. It's okay to have pizza. It's okay to have a burger, if you can actually digest it.

Experts agree depriving yourself isn't the way to go about modifying your lifestyle.

Moderation is.

So, to me the choice is clear, eat what you want, when you want...but make good choices.

Want a combo meal...go ahead. But it's not wise to do that three times in one day or more than 1-2x per week.

I agree Grace, I'm just starting this lapband journey... but have always felt moderation was key. I feel that's why I got the band, to help me in moderation and to make good choices most of the time, but when I do eat out, allow Portion Control. :grouphug:

Since I've been banded I've had no Cookies, no cakes, but have had 2 (yes, TWO) candy bars. On seperate occasions of course. I'm glad I found a plan that I don't have to say no, instead I can say "You know, not right now... I'm not interested" I control the food, it doesn't control me.

You know what, Have a dang brownie, a small piece of something you crave is fine, cause if you do not you'll end up having a big piece of something worse cause you crave the sugar, so you know what I say have a 2" x 2" brownie, you still have the hormonal cravings, I crave chocolate soo much more since my band when it comes to that time of the month, I give in by having a bowl of Chocolate Frozen Yogurt, it is an indulgence but we have to have sweet things once in a while. In fact I try to have a smoothie or Chocolate shake done with Low Fat Yogurt and fresh/frozen fruit and Chocolate frozen yogurt, and add Protein Powder. So, have a good day and realize that because you have a 100 calorie snack 2 times a month does not mean that you have failed or screwed up your band or this plan with the band. We are all human....:grouphug:

For those of you with PMS/chocolate issues, here's my cure. Been making it for years. Hubby sees it and runs for the hills. Smart man...

PMS Frosting

Blend together:

2 T fat-free cream cheese

2 T cocoa

dash vanilla

2 tsp skim milk

Splenda packets to taste (I use 4)

Serves
JUST ME!
, 70 calories, 7g Protein

Hey that sounds like a great recipe. I need to get some ff cream cheese

and cocoa. I definitely want to try that. I am going to write it down right now!

first off,I started my weight at 217# and I am at 194# so that is 23# weight loss.I was banded on 12/10/07 and I feel the same way as every one here from the changes in one day to the next to we still have to work at it.I love coming on here and reading every one's messages.It makes me feel so not alone.I just want to thank every one for there in puts your all doing great thumbs up to every one for all the good work.

The PMS frosting sounds fabulous and I actually have all the ingredients so I will have to try!!!!:biggrin:

I agree with those who posted about using moderation, but still allowing yourself treats and things you really want. I still snack (I actually prefer hearty, salty or fatty to sweet - not that I don't eat sweets), but I "fool" myself with fake outs that still satisfy the "want" without the "guilt". For example, I love Turkey Pepperoni - 1 stick only has 45 calories and 1.5 grams of fat. I also regularly eat the 100 calorie packs of popcorn. If I really want chocolate, I love the Jello No sugar added chocolate pudding (made with skim milk, fat free and only 60 calories).