Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all, I have been Banded for 3 years It was done by Dr. Morand in Augusta, Maine. I went from 297 lbs. to 175 was my lowest in July and in July I had a small emergency. I was dumping Protein and I had to have a ful unfill and I went up to 220 in 6 months. I am going back to the Dr's on Friday to figure out why the past 2 fills have not worked. I'm not sure whats going on, when I had my unfill I was at 2cc in a 4cc band and now I am at 1.75cc and I think they are gonna have to do an x-ray to check out if it is in a good spot! I hope nothing is wrong cause my old insurance runs out on the 31st and I will have Aetna on April 1st...I hope they can get me a good fill before that happens. I would hate to have them have to struggle to get anything covered. Jennifer

Hey all, I have been Banded for 3 years It was done by Dr. Morand in Augusta, Maine. I went from 297 lbs. to 175 was my lowest in July and in July I had a small emergency. I was dumping Protein and I had to have a ful unfill and I went up to 220 in 6 months. I am going back to the Dr's on Friday to figure out why the past 2 fills have not worked. I'm not sure whats going on, when I had my unfill I was at 2cc in a 4cc band and now I am at 1.75cc and I think they are gonna have to do an x-ray to check out if it is in a good spot! I hope nothing is wrong cause my old insurance runs out on the 31st and I will have Aetna on April 1st...I hope they can get me a good fill before that happens. I would hate to have them have to struggle to get anything covered. Jennifer

Hi I am from Maine, also. I haven't had my ban yet and I am fairly new to this site. I will keep you in my prayers'. Hope everything goes great for you.

GaLina, where are you from in Maine....I am on the midcoast near the Navy Base...thanks for your words of encouragmet. I hope they figure this out...I will keep in touch, it is a good decision to get this done, I firmly believe that. I had Dr. Morand and he recently left the practice. So now I have Dr. Trieu. I will let you know whats up on Friday!

Hi I am from Maine, also. I haven't had my ban yet and I am fairly new to this site. I will keep you in my prayers'. Hope everything goes great for you.

Hello Jennifer, I live in West Paris. I have requested that Dr.Renee Wolff do my surgery. She is in Portland and I have heard great things about her. I hope to see the staff for my work up to get my date for surgery. keep in touch. Elaine

Will do Galina....I cannot wait to be drinking my smoothies again...I pick and freeze tons of Rasberries and also Strawberries, Blueberries, and then I have a juicer to make Orange pineapple Juics and I add my yogurt and some Protein Powder and make a Orange Pineapple smoothie or a berry smoothie, and let me tell you they are refreshing and let you get a few hundred calories in when otherwise you wouldn't get much! And when you are on a liquid diet, you look forward to your smoothie during the day!....I need to buy a Jack Lelane Juicer though cause the one my Mom got me is gonna die on me soon. Just an idea for extra protein...why spend $4.00 at Dunkin Donuts for a smoothie, make it at home for $1.50....Have a good afternoon.

hello, I'm from Maine too Georgetown. I have to go see Dr. Wolf one more time and I'll have a date--I hope. She is great, very down to earth and honest. The whole program is great. Good luck to you all

Welcome JCLang...Georgetown is close to me! Is Dr. Wolfe with Augusta?? keep in mind that it is gonna take your mind and stomach a while to connect on what you can and cannot eat. What I mean is you will find that some things bother you, I could not eat ant bread, but my mind is saying , go ahead and make 2 sandwiches and you do and take 2 bites and throw up...so it will take months for that to happen, but you will figure out what you can and cannot eat!

shes in Portland. That outfit is great very structured. Thanks for the input. My husband is not at all for my doing this so it has made thing tough.

I hear ya, my husband supported me, but he like me being a little bit bigger. I have bigger breasts being bigger and I don't mind them but thats not gonna be a reason for me to be unhealthy. I am doing this for me, keep that in mind, you are doing this for you and not him, he is just the lucky one you choose to be with and take this journey with.:drool: