Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded in Prague anyone??

Hi, Have anyone gotten their band done in Prague? Well I am schedule for March 10 and just wanted to know. The clinic is called BBC. Anyone please let me know any info you have.

Thanks

wow Prague, you should go a few days early just to sight see. That's excellent. My band was done in Portugal so I'm not sure about Prague. Where are you coming from to go there?

I work in Pristina, Kosovo so it's only a 2hr flight if 2hrs. How is your band working out so far? I am leaving for Prague this Sat. Feb 8 and my surgery is on the 10th so yes I will sight see. Also I am staying in Prague an extra 4 days after surgery just to relax. It should be fun.

well good luck! Keep us all posted. I had some issues with my band but my doctor was a little inexperienced.

Hi Dina,

I had my band fitted at BBC LAST jULY, not very happy with the aftercare infact there were no follow up and no answer to my Emails how have you been

thanks jc.

Hi Jen

So far my weight lost have been great!! My highest weight was 256 lbs and the day of surgery I weighed 230 lbs. It's over two month since my surgery and I now weigh 204 lbs (93 kilos)!!! I work out 5 days a week and I try to watch what I eat. So far I really didn't need to contact BBC. Also I visited a lapband clinic in NC (USA) just for a quick check up when I visited the States. Sorry for the bad experience but I would be a little upset also if they didn't return my emails. How have your weight lost been going?

Hi there,

i was banded in prague by BBC last monday.

Have to say, before banding, my calls and emails very answered in very quick time, I have been back since Thurs and no email or call from either BBC or dietician since.

Didnt have the best experience whilst I was out there.

Told different advice and the language barrier was a real problem.

i was shipped out there with no real follow up advice, I had to ask for pain meds to take home with me and even that was given in a huff.

Im looking to get fills in uk I think

Tracie

Hi Tracie, good luck with your follow up from prague, it has now been 1 year since my band has been fitted and as to date no follow up no Emails or dietition. Good luck

Jeannie.

OMG!!!! Jeannie, I cant believe it! One year on..........and nothing.

That is absolutely terrible!

I have a friend there right now being banded tomorrow and I also know someone who was also banded there around 25th May.

How do you have your fills then? Do you pay for them elsewhere?

Tracie

Hi Tracie,

I have my band filled in Manchester £150 a time, after no contact with prague i lost all confedence in them and now go it alone.I am not the only one who has had problems with prague i have met other people on the forum with the same problem, if you make contact great!!!!!!!!!!! you will be the first that i know of, Good luck. Jeannie.

I have received several emails from my dietician. She keep up with me and always gave me support and good exercise advise. I just sent BBC an email the other day and they responded as well as I call and spoke with Nick a few times. I am really sorry that you all had bad experiences. I haven't had a fill yet but it's only been 3 months. Can you send me the info of the location for fills in Manchester. Thanks and good luck.

OMG!!!! Jeannie, I cant believe it! One year on..........and nothing.

That is absolutely terrible!

I have a friend there right now being banded tomorrow and I also know someone who was also banded there around 25th May.

How do you have your fills then? Do you pay for them elsewhere?

Tracie

Hello....this me she's talking about....Hello Tracie!

Just had (2 hours ago) some clear Soup...could only eat half...then I had to sleep for about an hour...It wore me out!!

Amanda

xx

Hi Dina, i am glad you have had good follow up from Prague. Good luck.

Jeannie.

Hi Jeannie, I will be leaving for Prague the first part of July to get my first fill at BBC. It's will be 4 months since my band date and I think it's time. I notice my increase in food slightly. But as you are aware fills are free at BBC so I will fly back because the ticket is cheap!! ;-) Can you tell me what to expect after a fill. I am more nervous about this fill than I was for the surgery!! LOL!!! Hope you are doing well along with everyone else on this site.

Hi Jeannie, I will be leaving for Prague the first part of July to get my first fill at BBC. It's will be 4 months since my band date and I think it's time. I notice my increase in food slightly. But as you are aware fills are free at BBC so I will fly back because the ticket is cheap!! ;-) Can you tell me what to expect after a fill. I am more nervous about this fill than I was for the surgery!! LOL!!! Hope you are doing well along with everyone else on this site.

Hi Dina,

Thinking about fills in the future ( I know its a good long way off yet )

Great that we get free fills back at bbc but how much are you ending up paying for flights, taxis and parking at the airport.....would this work out as much as we could get a fill over here??

Amanda