Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Guest Leslie2Lose

June 6th - so I have two weeks to wait. That was the earliest Friday appointment I could get.

Oh Leslie!!!!!! I'm so sorry! Although, I'm thinking your "rolling over" in bed was more like "rolling around in bed" *wink* *wink* LOL

Okay, in all seriousness. Flipping a port, especially one placed in your chest is difficult to do. I'm wondering if a stitch broke or something. Strange though.

Also, I too no longer log/journal my food. I was so good about that in the beginning. I'm not exercising like I should. I walk, but I should be doing more.

I do not feel restriction either since my first fill. I'm disappointed, but I know that my doctor will give me another. I was supposed to call him this afternoon to pop over and get a fill, but work was too busy and I couldn't. I might not be able to get one now until next week.

Hang in there Leslie! I'm here for ya chica!

~C

So I went for my second fill today. The first fill was a week and a half ago. I never felt any restriction, was still always hungry etc. Anyway, I went back today and when he drew the syringe back there was NOTHING there! So needless to say, thr first fill didn't work because there wasn't any saline in the band at all! Geez! No wonder!

So he found the port, and gave me 1.25 cc today. Hopefully this time it will work. He left the needle in and tugged on it to be sure he was in the right spot before he injected. I sure hope I get some relief from the 'hungries'!!

So there ya go kids. I've read about this happening, but since I haven't felt any different from the beginning, I didn't know what to expect!

~C

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hi Turler! I'm glad your second fill went well. I can't wait for my first. I spoke to my doctor last week and he is going to do my fill next Friday when I have my revision. I can't wait! I think he will probably do 3 cc's but we'll see. Are you exercising?

L2L,

I take it you have a 10 cc band? Mine is the 4 cc. From what I've read, 3 cc is a pretty good start for the 10 cc band. You have done so well so far, so I'm guessing you're gonna do great with a fill!

I am walking quite a bit, and a little bike riding. It's been so windy here that biking hasn't been much fun yet. Still a little cold yet too. We get so few nice days here and God sees to it that I'm working on those days!! Just kidding, but it sure seems that way sometimes!

I am getting to the point where I'm frustrated enough to be complaining a lot lately. I'm eager to lose the weight, but am tired of being so hungry all the time and able to eat quite a bit. I only have so much willpower left!

I'm sure things will get better now. If not, I am to contact him on Friday to get another adjustment.

Are you exercising? Still logging your food? How are things at work going? Any better?

~c

Hey Turler,

Not to butt in to your conversation, but I wanted you to know I am right there with you girl. I am hungry a lot now..... and am able to eat quite a bit too. I get my first fill this Friday finally!!!! I am so so so ready to get back on the losers track!

Hi all, I was banded on 4/23 & have lost 32 lbs. to date. I can eat more & more each day it seems so I'm glad I'm getting my 1st fill on 6/5. Will keep in touch.

I'm lucky to have some restriction without being filled yet, but I can also eat more and more. Certain things give me that stuck feeling though, and if I try to push it (cuz it tastes good, ya know!), I end up over the toilet foaming and tearing. I guess that's what its all about for me! I haven't lost much more since eating regular food now, but the nurse said to expect that.....and even expect to gain weight! I have been just trying to at least maintain my weight until my 1st fill next week. Can't wait to start shrinking more!

;p

Hi all, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is able to eat more and more. I can't wait till I get my first fill one 6/9. I find myself eating 6oz and 7oz of food at times and most likely could eat more, but I stop myself.

Turler, I was glad to see that your 2nd fill went better36_1_41.gif

Karly1: You're not butting in!! Please join in for heaven's sake! LOL I had hoped that I'd lose quickly like so many and not be hungry and just forget to eat and all those wonderful things. Nope, didn't happen! I am feeling some restriction now though...the 2nd/1st fill just might be working!

JohnC: Welcome!

Dandy: Thank you!

Blund: Wow. You are lucky to have restriction without a fill. Sorry you're having PB's though. I am scared to push my band to those limits. I'm sure it'll happen someday, but I'm not ready yet. Do you chew really well?

~C

Turler, I really try to remember to chew well, but I'm still new at this. The not drinking before,during,and after meals is a hard one too. We had a BBQ and I made a pesto salad (with noodles) and after 2 tries and it getting stuck, I gave up on it. Oh, I LOVE pesto! I think it was the noodles though, I thought they'd be OK cuz they're soft.

Anyone using the Mederma for scars? Not that I'm trying to be vain at this point, but my port incision is pretty large. The stuff isn't cheap, but I'm trying it out.....

Anyone using the Mederma for scars? Not that I'm trying to be vain at this point, but my port incision is pretty large. The stuff isn't cheap, but I'm trying it out.....

I'm using it too. You're right... it is NOT CHEAP! It says 3-4 ( or maybe it was 4-5) times a day but I just can't make myself use it up that fast haha. I haven't been able to tell a huge difference until I started tanning. The combo seems to be making the staple holes vanish but the incisions are still very bright.

I got my 1st fill today, 5 cc's in my 14 cc band. I'm on liquids for 24 hours then mushies for another 24, so it'll be Saturday before I find out if I have any restriction. Liquids are going down without any problem. I'm crossing my fingers and toes, but I know it usually takes 3 to 5 fills to reach the sweet spot.

As of this morning I'm down to 201.8, down 11.4 since surgery. I was soooo hoping to be below 200, but no such luck.

I just need to learn to be patient. :thumbup:

Turler, I really try to remember to chew well, but I'm still new at this. The not drinking before,during,and after meals is a hard one too. We had a BBQ and I made a pesto salad (with noodles) and after 2 tries and it getting stuck, I gave up on it. Oh, I LOVE pesto! I think it was the noodles though, I thought they'd be OK cuz they're soft.

I would have thought the same thing! Sometimes I think all the chewing defeats the purpose of the band. I mean, if it's chewed to pureed mush, than it's just going to slip through the band anyway right? Like a liquid? Anyway, I still chew a ton though, just in case. The drinking is hard for me too. I used to drink 2 liters of Water a day, and now I hardly drink anything. I can't seem to get enough water. I feel like I have to choose...either drink or eat. Pick one.

It sure seems like you have a lot of restriction. Maybe that is the problem for you. Have they checked your band under flouro? I'd ask for that before I'd have a fill. That worries me that you are having so much trouble already. Do you feel sick? Do you feel like you're getting enough to eat?

~C

Wow, sounds like everyone is doing good with little or no problems. I've missed so much here lately. Work like a fool full time and a part time. Went for my 1st fill Wed. and I too do NOT feel any restriction, and like the others feel like I sometimes could eat the A-- off a cow! HopefullyI go back in 2 weeks they will give me another 1.5 cc and I will start to feel something. We all are so very eager to get some of this weight off, but we all need to keep our spirits up and plug away at it. I may bit get to post often but I sure get alot out of the ones I read. This is like a saving grace The April Advengers! Keep up all the great work all of you are doing.