Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Just a quick post, 3 days post-op for me and I am felling great. I've needed no pain meds. sleeping good, walking a lot. I didn't need a robe or anything either, good ole hospital gowns. Incisions looking good, I think all I have are the steri strips, no staples or sutures. Looking forward to getting onto the creamy foods week, even though I'm not hungry, I am wanting some FLAVOR. It's so wonderful to see so many of us doing so good, and out there to support each other. Everyone, keep up the good work, keep posting when you have time. I'm going back to my part time job tonight, and back to my REAL job Monday. Take care all

I am now 6 days post op and feeling pretty good. I haven't been hungry at all, but am tired of broth and apple juice! I did have some cream of potato Soup yesterday for lunch and some cream of Tomato today, but that has kept me so full that I haven't wanted to eat anything at night. I had some apple juice and a SF popsicle last night and was fine.

I did make the mistake day before yesterday of eating a while frozen fruit bar, which my doctor said was OK. It was bigger than the single bullet style popsicles and when I had the whole thing, it HURT. I won't be doing that again. No PB, but man, I felt like I had brain freeze in my stomach!

I don't really have any pain any more and havent' taken any pain meds in a couple of days. I feel a "discomfort" in my left side. I am assuming that it's where the tube leads out to the port, but I could be wrong. That's what it feels like. Just a pulling sort of sensation. I go for my followup appointment next week and I'll ask. Other than that, I notice that if I sit hunched over at the computer for long, my whole stomach hurts, like I am squishing everything up inside. So I try to stretch often and have been going home every day up until today at lunch to stretch out a little bit.

Glad to hear everyone's doing so well. I've lost 6 pounds since the morning of surgery, so I am excited about that. I'll just be glad when my whole stomach is not uncomfortable anymore and I can wear all my regular cloths. I am still doing stretchy for now. Anything else is uncomfortable!

Just a quick post, 3 days post-op for me and I am felling great. I've needed no pain meds. sleeping good, walking a lot. I didn't need a robe or anything either, good ole hospital gowns. Incisions looking good, I think all I have are the steri strips, no staples or sutures. Looking forward to getting onto the creamy foods week, even though I'm not hungry, I am wanting some FLAVOR. It's so wonderful to see so many of us doing so good, and out there to support each other. Everyone, keep up the good work, keep posting when you have time. I'm going back to my part time job tonight, and back to my REAL job Monday. Take care all

Wheezie, I found something which is better than bullion and it's called........

Better than Bullion™!:wub: It's really good and it makes a great Soup base. It comes in a jar (it's a paste) and I'm tellin' ya, I'm over the clear liquid stage and I'm drinking a cup right now.

Hey,

How is everyone doing? 36_22_24.gif Just thought I'd check and see how all you April Avengers are feeling. I'm 10 days post op and feeling pretty good.36_22_25.gif Keeping liquids down, most the gas is gone, but the port site is still sore. One more week of liquids and thick (full) liquids and then it's on to regular food.

My dog is happy since today is the first day I let him sit on my lap..He's a bichon and loves to jump up on my lap. That was the hardest, keeping him of my stomack. He's such a Mommas boy.16_2_108.gif

I hope you all keep me posted.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNfox000

Hi all.

Just a brief check in to see how we are all surviving, :wub:.

Turler and Leslie, how is the hunger? I'm still hungry, can't wait for my first fill!!!! Wanted to let everyone know of a site that has a wide selection of Protein Bars and powders.... seem to be a little cheaper than what I have found for Isopure etc. Here it is:: Bariatric Eating - Protein, Vitamins, Gastric Bypass & Lap Band Info, Post-op recipes, and Help Take care everyone!

Hi all, Just checking in. Well I'm 8 days post-op & doing pretty well. Just a little nausea but the nurse says that may last a few more days. Had staples removed & weight in yesterday. Down 21 lbs.the 1st week. Guess that's not a bad start. Well good luck to all of you & will keep in touch.

I am absolutely going to go thru withdrawls when I go back to work, from not being able to get up and get on here and read everyones stories. This web site has been a GOD SEND! We are ALL an inspiration to each other and sometimes I feel I want to write to everyone. ALL you April Avengers are simply marvalous along with all the others that have visited here too. Is it normal to loose alot of weight the first week or so, because.... I'm feelin a little bummed cause I don't think I have lost alot, and I have been so darn faithful. I'm staying positive, and I don't want to be freakie about loosing either.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hi all.

Just a brief check in to see how we are all surviving, :thumbup:.

Turler and Leslie, how is the hunger? I'm still hungry, can't wait for my first fill!!!!!

Hi Karly - I'm the same - still hungry :thumbup:. I've started drinking more between meals (usually crystal lite). That has helped me some :wub:. I can't want until my fill either :thumbup:. Another three weeks, 5/22 :thumbup:. When is yours scheduled?

Hi all.

Just a brief check in to see how we are all surviving, :party:.

Turler and Leslie, how is the hunger? I'm still hungry, can't wait for my first fill!!!!

Yes, I'm still hungry!! The doctor gave me Adipex (phentermine) to help me curb my appetite, but I only took it one day. I was so high strung on it. I couldn't sleep at all!! It was ridiculous! I'd rather suffer and be hungry, than not sleep! So I'm back to where I started. I do better on the days I work because I'm so busy that I don't have time to think about it. I can't wait for my first fill either!!!

~C

The doctor gave me Adipex (phentermine) to help me curb my appetite...... I'd rather suffer and be hungry, than not sleep!

~C

I agree! I have some old adipex pills and have thought about taking them during this time but I'm like you. I HATE the way they make me feel. It's not really worth it even though they do take away the appetite.

Got the 15 staples removed today and the surgeon says it's healing well. I am so excited to get a full nights rest tonight without the pain of getting them hung or not being able to sleep on my side because of them. 5 more weeks and I'll get a fill!

I'm feelin a little bummed cause I don't think I have lost alot, and I have been so darn faithful. I'm staying positive, and I don't want to be freakie about loosing either.

You've heard it a hundred times I am sure but were all different. I have lost a total of 25 but I think 16 was in the first week. I think its depends on what you did before the surgery too.. did you have a preop diet? I didn't so my body was shocked when it went full liquids...... heck I went out to a big italian dinner the night before surgery. I also jog/walk 3 miles 5x per week. I am not saying your not exercising but our bodies react to things in many different ways.

I just thought I would post my update.

So I do not have 1 thing to complain about so far in my banding adventure. I am 9 days post op. I had surgery at 5 am and was up and about by around 1 pm and home at 6pm. I never used the robe that I took... the staff just gave me a gown to put on backwards. I didn't care since it wasn't a fashion show everyone I passed in the hall was dressed like that. They also had an area that you could sit in just to visit with others that had the surgery so that was kind of nice. I made it about an hour in there but kept falling asleep sitting up lol. I took in some hot liquids and everything went down just fine in the hospital. Since I have been home I haven't been hungry 1 time. I constantly forget to eat. I am thirsty alot so I never forget to take in my Water. Since day 2 I have been back to exercising some and since day 5 im full bore exercising.... My regimen consists of 5 days of jog/walk 3 miles. 2 days of weight which I am waiting on clearance for swimming then I will do laps on these days as well to cool off. I had something very strange happen to me yesterday.. I saw a grapefruit and couldn't picture anything for the rest of the day... i was dreaming of putting salt all of it and licking it and drinking the juice (I made a thread about this) I couldn't take it anymore so I went and got one. It took me almost all day but I slowly consumed most of it throught out the day... I guess I needed salt lol. I retained 1 pound of Water weight though because of it and im currently trying to flush that out.

Oh and as for the air they use to blow up your abdomen for the surgery... As my surgeon was helping to push my bed into the operating rooms I looked up and said could you please make sure u get all the air out I really don't want to feel that shoulder pain. Well I haven't had one single problem with my shoulders. I don't know if it was cause of how well he did getting it out or because of the extensive workouts that I now do to keep moving. I ended up with 4 small incisions and 1 port incision... They used dissolving suture inside and on the outside Glue so I don't have to have anything removed such as staples :party:

I go in for post op 5/8 and hopefully while I am there they will give me my first fill date. Even though I am not hungry now I know I will be but for now I will just be very very thankful.

Sorry for the long post everyone but I love to read others experiences and share my own :party:

Edited by Brandy~

Well, I'm 12 days post op and lost a total of 8lbs.:party: Not sure if this is normal or if I should be loosing more. I'm on thick liquids for 3weeks. Anything you get thru a straw. I try to eat Soup or Cereal 3 times a day, the rest is all Water or ice tea. I wasn't on any pre op diet plus the first few days after surgery I could only walk around the house .

I am feel a lot better and stronger with each day that passes. I guess it's different for everyone, not to mention when you're 55 it takes alittle longer to heal.

So far I haven't been hungry but maybe once or twice and my first fill is not until June 9th. Any suggestion would be welcome.16_5_20.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZNfox000

Well, I'm 12 days post op and lost a total of 8lbs.:party: Not sure if this is normal or if I should be loosing more. I'm on thick liquids for 3weeks. Anything you get thru a straw. I try to eat Soup or cereal 3 times a day, the rest is all Water or ice tea. I wasn't on any pre op diet plus the first few days after surgery I could only walk around the house .

I am feel a lot better and stronger with each day that passes. I guess it's different for everyone, not to mention when you're 55 it takes alittle longer to heal.

So far I haven't been hungry but maybe once or twice and my first fill is not until June 9th. Any suggestion would be welcome.16_5_20.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZNfox000

They have some supposeably tasteless Protein powders out there you might want to try adding just a few sprinkles to everything u eat that will make you stay full longer.