Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

BRAS, BRAS, yes, the biggest issue I have. In the past I sworeI would never wear an underwire bra, Now I live for them....

I find they are the best and my clothes look so much better when I wear them.

Heading out on vacation for a week, so may not be posting, never know if I can get internet connection,

Fenton - I have your book to read while enjoying the sunshine on the beach..

I'm afraid ladies that even a good underwire won't be supporting the girls when we're done losing weight!!! Enjoy the beach. I too have Fenton's book to read....still haven't finished my other book yet....

I understand the bra issue!!! I too have been trying to deal with the girls!!!! As soon as I am small enough to fit into some victoria secret sizes I am going for a fitting, all of my friends swear by their bras and assistance in getting fitted appropriately!!! I can't wait for that day!!!!

Well, I almost can't believe it, the scale is finally moving again after my fill this week. I am feeling more confident than I have in the past month. I went to the gym and weighed myself and I am down 7 pounds (YEA!) and I just can't say enough about what an emotional boost it is after this last adjustment. DID YOU HEAR ME FENTON?!?!?!

I love this band!!!!!

Hi Shamrocks!

Amanda - good deal that you worked back down to your starting vacation weight. I loved cruising. Had a blast going to St. Thomas, St. Maartan last year. There are plenty of things on the ship to keep you going!

SpecialK - Hey, with what you went through, I'm not surprised you slipped a little. It is hard to eat right in those situations!

Sugar - I hope your next fill is the "one" for you!

Lynn - have a wonderful vacation! I love reading, it is my favorite activity! I'm sure you will do ok. Keep up your walking!

Sharon - antique road show, how cool! I really enjoy that tv show. I am amazed at how people will stand in line just for a chance for someone to look at their stuff. Glad to hear you are breaking your plateau

I'm going for a fill this week. I think it will be a slight one. I hate how my scale seems to bounce up and down. Overall, it is a downward trend, but yikes, the daily up and down drive me nuts. I am only trying this weighing yourself daily because the doctor has reccommended it. I may go back to the once a week. Up 1/2 down 1, up 1, down 1/4 -----it is driving me nuts!

I think Fenton has bailed on us.

I hope he finds what he needs to continue strong on this new road.

I miss his wit and wisdom.

Those going on vacation- have a relaxing time.

I hear ya on the bra front. Same for bathing suits.

Edited by ajoneen

I knew losing weight would mean my skin would become loose. I was not prepared for the resulting sounds that came with it.

I am disgusted by what I hear when I'm working out. The skin of my stomach is slapping against itself/my thigh. Today my trainer asked if the noise he was hearing was from my knee. Was the knee popping? I said yes, finished the session and almost ran out of the gym. I was so embarrassed.

I know exercise is the only way to get rid of the weight. I can't even look at myself in the mirror anymore when I'm working out. It is so self defeating. I want to cry.

I was excited to look at the pictures from the Triathlon, as they are "professional" photos. Well they capture a moment of momentum. All sorts of blubber shifting up and down. God is that what people see? At least I was smiling, blissfully ignorant as to what I really look like.

Im having a hard time with this. I've never actually had a body image problem. I knew I was fat but thought I looked pretty good at whatever weight I was at.

This is disheartening.

My God, where did everyone go???

I'm back. Again. Arrgh!!!

Yeah, I'm still in the weeds on this one. I blew off most of last week, ate really badly (well, I ate quite well, but besides that I also ate appallingly). I feel like I'm done with that right now, but am looking forward to getting a fill to make it harder for me to fall off the wagon.

So, I'm back.

And where DID everyone go?

Amanda, maybe you should look into compression garments, which are discussed often on this board. As I understand it, they're tighter undergarments, most commonly encountered after plastic surgery, that give support to loose skin.

Fenton- great to hear from you. Did you schedule the fill?

Ya I have a question over on the exercise boards to see what others have done.

I think we have a lot of folks away on vacation, visiting family and recovering from personal sh*t.

I'm here been reading the boards some and not posting much. I went for my 4th fill about a week and a half ago and think I'm at my sweet spot. Some days I think I'm too tight, but I'm able to get liquids down, just get something stuck occassionally. I think I just need to take smaller bites and slow down, I'm working on it again, darn it... Anyway, down 51 lbs since surgery so I can't complain, but I'll be going on vacation again for a week leaving Friday so I'm just hoping to hold my own again while we're gone and then I can get back on the bandwagon once we return, not that I won't work on it some this week before we go, but you know what I mean.

It must be prime time for vacations.

I at the beach, enjoying the sun and relaxation. But still looking for an internet fix..

Keeping up with my food log, my life line to keeping on track..exercise is slacking..

Fenton - when is the Paris trip? Want a swift kick in your A$$... get back on track..:smile2:

Hi Amanda and Fenton!

Amanda - how horrible for you! I am sure that it sucks when you are doing everything right! I think Fenton is correct. I have heard from many folks that it takes a while for the skin to catch up. The weight loss is quick and then it takes the skin a good year or so to catch up. I do know that good undergarments help. I know lots of women who love the Spanx stuff. It holds all the stuff in while your skin is adjusting. (Heck, I know skinnny folks who where them just to look smooth and not lumpy) And Amanda, CONGRATS, you are 1/2 way there!

Hey Fenton! Welcome back! I hope you enjoyed your little break! Now it is time to get back to the business of losing weight. Remember that snowboard! Don't worry about getting filled. I have seen few folks that have much restriction after the 1st fill! It could also be something that motivates you to get back on track. (Frankly, I have a hard time staying the line with the weight loss thing. It is a slow process for me. Gradually, I think I am getting it!)

This is a week that lots of folks go on vacation. The last week of summer. (OK, it isn't really, but we treat it that way)

I have to admit, without everyone posting, it is tough to get motivation. Good news for me, I have to face the scale on Wednesday at the doctor's office. It is amazing how that keeps me from going too far off the deep end.

I'm here too just hanging out and trying to mentally get back in the game again also. Pretty slammed at work from having been off last week but I'm just trying to take it a day at a time.

Fenton, I was actually thinking of posting an "Amnesty for Fenton" sign to say its okay to come back out of lurking mode and we'll stop beating up on ya for not having a fill. It really is your body, your band, and your decision. Just know we are all pulling for you as you have been for us.

Hi All - worked all weekend, seen things were pretty slow on here. Planning on re-doing my half bath and painting a bedroom this week on vacation. Some times you just need that instant gratification of seeing a project done short term. (Unlike our long term lap band journeys).

Amanda, I feel your pain. While I am not making noise yet with my extra stuff, I too have lost enough start to make me wonder what I will really be dealing with. But no matter what, it will be better than Diabetes, Coronary Artery Disease, High blood Pressure, Stroke or worse!!!!!

Don't let those pics discourage you, I bet some good under-garment for exercising will give you the support you need. I find you to be an inspiration in the exercise department...Keep it going!!!

Vacation time - count me in. A week at the beach is always so relaxing. EnjoyingOcean City, MD this week.

I also am plagued with that excess skin. I exercise and do what I can. I have tried the undergarments, similar to Spanx, and really do not like them, but that is my personal opinion.

I am looking nto plastic surgery for when I am near or at goal. I know the expense is there, but at this point feel it is an option I need to explore.

Enjoy the last unofficial week of summer...:crying:

Amanda don't be disenchanted. I know that losing weight only to find that swimsuits looked better on you BEFORE weight loss is a little hard to take. I have been on vacation to Disney World and to Ocean City, Maryland and although I've lost some weight, I knew that hanging out by the pool or on the beach was not for me. For my birthday present this year I am joining the gym. As I have tried to explain to my ultra supportive father - this does not mean that I won't be sagging. In fact, it may mean that I have more sag, because my muscles will be tone, but my skin won't. So much for feeling sexy again. Anyway, buy your self a good girdle hat breathes and allows you to bend and continue on with your workouts. In addition, you may want to start document any problems that you are incurring because of your loose skin. Have you doctor document them as well... And just in case - start saving because you ay have to pay for your repairs yourself. That's my game plan anyway. I'm even researching local doctors that have payment plans so I I start making payments before I even schedule the surgery. I guess I could take out a medical loan, but I'd rather not deal with the interest on those.