Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Bandsters: MASTER THREAD

Hi everyone!

WCM - hey 7.5 pounds in a month is wonderful! Congrats on the loss. At your current pace, you will be at your goal weight well before the holidays!

Niki - welcome to the club!

Lynn - OUCH! Hope you mouth feels better soon!

Pat - very cool that I have not only a band buddie, but a slow (relatively) loser buddie! I love it. Sometimes, I am a little reluctant to talk about my struggles, but I got through that. I suspect there could be some more slow losers lurking. It is a little intimidating to see how well a lot of folks here have done! I suspect my weight will drop when I get to the "sweet spot". I have a way to go to get to my goal. Fenton may still be chatting on the board when I hit my goal. :)

I am happy though. I went to my family doctor's office yesterday and I had lost 5 pounds since I had been there last. Which was a while! I was happy that I was at a lower weight. The nurse put the weight on 200 and started moving up. How cool that she thought I weighed less than 250! It is funny, but I have not been eating much in the evenings. I have been busy visiting some friends of the family! Now, I just need to keep that up. :biggrin2:

Thanks Texgirl - your reply was in my head, but I think I actually said something closer to, "why yes, I was banded a little over 3 months ago".

Hopeinapril - thanks for the congrats & I just love when the doctors put the scale anywhere below where I know it should be!

And when you think you are losing slow - just think of this study of weight loss and its impact on your knees. It shows that there is a 4 pound reduction of knee joint stress for every pound lost. The accumulated reduction in knee load for one pound in weight loss would be more than 4,800 pounds per mile walked.

Amanda--You would be surprised how big they are these days. lol. I really think it was from bending over helping new mom's learn to breastfeed! It kills me, and can last for hours on end!

Lisa--That is funny! I hope they didn't say anything too bad about me!?!? Do you attend the Mt Carmel support groups?

WCM--7.5 lbs in a month is Great! You should be proud!

I woke up dizzy in the early AM yesterday and could tell I was dehydrated. I was only able to get down about 2000 calories of food this last week after the MD put 3cc of saline in my 10cc band. On Weds I was only able to get 3 glasses of Fluid down. I felt like I had a constant lump in my chest. The MD took out ALL of the saline that he put in the week before under a fluoroscope. Then yesterday he said I was too tight and swollen. He said I shouldn't have more than 6cc and he mumbled something about that he was leaving 3 in there. I asked what happened to the other 1cc of saline because he put 2 in at surg ---2 eight weeks later and 3 last week. He said something about 1cc going into tissue. And then he said something I didn't understand about letting scar tissue heal and then adding saline in about 4-6 weeks but not going over 6cc. I have to say I'm rather annoyed. From what I have read, it seems to me that he was suppose to have me swallow barium while he was doing that 3cc fill under the fluoroscope last Thurs to check the stoma. It seems to me that if he had followed that protocol -- this would not have happened. In a way – I blame myself for not saying something to him about it but I figured---“he’s the surgeon---what do I know---he must know what he’s doing.” Now I'm back to first fill level! FIRST they can't find the port opening in the office in June, then they make me wait until July to overfill (and hurt) me, and now they take it out and tell me I have to wait until late Aug. SHEESH!!!

(((Penny))) Yikes! 3cc is a very aggressive fill. I think it should be a bit more gradual than that, especially since you were not totally empty. It's so hard to be patient and wait for that sweet spot. There also seems to be a very fine line between too tight and just right. The swelling will give you some restriction for a few days at least.

My doc said that about 1cc of Fluid is stuck in the tubing between the port and the band, so it makes sence that the 1 cc was missing, but seems weird that he would say it was in the tissue and not in the tubing.

Anyway, glad you'll be feeling better, but sorry you are now at such a low fill.

Christine

Welcome Niki!

WCM, I would love a 7.5 pound weight loss in a month. You are doing amazing. Especially since you have not had a fill yet....amazing.

Christine

Fenton, how are you feeling? You've been very quiet...for me that usually means I'm having a hard time. Hope you are doing well.

Kerri...(KPod) how are you doing? Hanging in there? Hope youre oK.

Christine

Thanks everyone for the congrats - I am certainly am happy with any movement downward! I was focusing on being stuck at one weight for so long, it was nice to look at the progress over the whole month.

Penny - I am sorry for your struggle, but I am glad you are now able to get some nourishment!

I might have to break down and go for a very small fill just to see if anything is going on with my port. I keep feeling dull pain in the port area fairly consistantly. They want to check it out. Now that I think of it, it just might be a ploy to get me to try a bit of a fill.

My body is sore today. I wish I could say it was from exercising too much. My 6 year old watched the Spiderwick Chronicles last night with us and her big sister and had to sleep with me. That girl gets around in her sleep!

Thanks Christine for checking in on me!

I've been reading the last few days, but haven't posted.. I'm having a super hard time getting back into the groove of things. It seems that when I'm not doing things right I don't want to post on here.. It's embarrassing to admit my failures. Ugh. I know everything I am doing wrong, but can't seem to turn it around. This Sunday I am going to start the Atkins induction and go with that for a while. I am definitely on carb overload, which makes me hungry, tired and just plain blech. I am stuck in a funk, and needing to get out if it!

Hopefully the induction will help me on my way:)

~Kerri

I agree 3 ccs is alot.I have never had more than 1 put in. Once I hit 4cc my dr. is only adding .6 at a time.Thats working for me because I have nice restriction for a few days and after 2 weeks i need to go back for another,that gives the swelling time to go down and see what restriction i really have.Each time I seem to be getting a little more.I just can't wait for that sweet spot.Have any of you got yours yet?

I think Fenton is away doing research for his sequel book.

Pat

I am heading for the beach for a week. Not sure if I'll have internet access, but if I don't I am going to go through LBT withdrawal. I like having this connection to others that are also in the same point in teir life. Making things better forn ourselves and our health.

I "know" I will do well, I keep telling myself that. It is onlt me so no one to say lets go get this goodie. anything I eat is all my choice....but there are some beach food favorites of mine. in moderation!!

If I do not get to post over the next week, I will be a be a busy beaver catching up for a weeks worth of posts.

Enjoy everyone

Penny-that totally sucks! I hope all is well with you....

K-Pod-I have been thinking about you, I understand the struggle you are going thru, I am wishing you the best!

Lynn-have tons of fun, and we want to hear about it all!!!!!!

NurseNiki, of course they didn't say anything bad about you! I do not remember exactly, but it was just a random mention, something about the prior days surgery. I need to go to the monthly support groups, I owe Melissa! She made me promise to go, and I have not been, I might just show up to the next one just to surprise her!

3cc's is very aggressive I agree. Being too tight can bring us backwards and don't risk the want to lose weight when you don't have the ability to take in enough nutrition. Remember your body will reverse itself in order to save yourself.....then you won't lose weight...I'm sorry your going through this....remember slow and easy is better....you'll bounce back before you know it...I have 6 cc in a 10 cc band...first fill was 2.5 then increased to 4 then to 5 then 5.5 then the last one was to 6cc and I'm perfect where I am for now.....

have a good weekend everyone...I'll be busy putting together my daughters baby shower that is next weekend....she's due in 9 weeks, we're so excited.....

I also hope Fenton is ok...he wasn't feeling well there for a while. Miss his postings...hahahahah

Ok, am I the only one that calls Fenton 'Charlie' in her head? He is totally our Charlie, and I fancy that we are his Angels, rofl! He even started this amazing thread! I wait for his bidding on a daily basis (haha)! We miss u Fenton!

Edited by BrandNewLisa