Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lapband News from the Hutchinson household

Mr Jachut is getting banded! 6 June to be precise - got to fit round end of financial year, sigh. Doesnt everything?

Anyway, I'm SO pleased. He has a BMI of 36 with highish blood pressure and I really dont like to think that I've done all this work on my health only to outlive him by 20 years! Oh, and he's going to look pretty hot, thats a bonus!

Hopefully BOTH of us being on the bandwagon will be beneficial for the kids too.

And I went to the doc yesterday just to check in (hadnt been for 9 months) and I"ve now lost 115% of my excess weight!

Jachut, that is great news! He sure will have great support and inspiration with you and the success you have had at his side. Does this mean Mr. Jachut will be joining us on LBT?

And, congratulations to you, you look awesome!

Lol, no I'm the exhibitionist of the family, I doubt there'll be any swimsuit pics. He has bigger boobs than me anyway, no fair!

Glad to hear you're keeping on moving Jack!

I am so thrilled for you both! And by now, he sure knows what the upside and the downsides are--that is just terrific!!

And what you have done is just phenominal, Jachut!! Praises to you! :thumbup:

That's terriffic.

Does he drink beer by any chance? My DH is a brewer and is 120 pounds over his ideal weight (he's 6'4"). I would sure like to talk him into a band, but the thought of giving up beer for life is making it impossible....

No, he's not a big drinker. I mean most Australian men like a beer, but its very occasional and usually only a stubby or two (small bottles). Like me, he has a glass of wine most nights.

I think he'll get a great result with a lapband personally, he's not a sweet eater, he just eats a lot at mealtime but he eats very healthy foods for the most part, his trouble is a sedentary job - 2 hours a day in the car, sometimes more and 9 hours at a desk.

Nonetheless he's quite fit and loves to come out for a really hard walk with me (he walks, I jog slowly or I cant keep up) and he can cover 10kms pretty easily in just over an hour. He just needs to find the time to make it five or so times a week and with a band helping him to eat less, I'm pretty sure that he'll lose ALL his excess weight.

Thats great Jacqui, sort of brings new meaning to the term 'wedding bands' doesn't it, lol.

I bet he'll do well with you to help, make sure you tell him to shut his gob and move his ass!

BTW my husband just has to give up beer to lose the pounds, it just falls off him. If I ever divorce him, this will be the reason why!

Thats great news for you and your family Jacqui. Its quite a motivator and support having other family members who are banded (both my folks are now). You'll probably notice the difference in having some one on hand who "understands" the ups and downs. Good luck to Mr Jachut!

That's wonderful, Jacqui! I bet you already make a wonderful couple but when he looses a bit of that fat you'll probably look even better. And it will surely do wonders for his health, too.

You've always been a source of inspiration for us all and your DH is certainly getting inspired everytime he looks at you, you'll be great coach! :):thumbup::biggrin:

niki

Hey, that is cool. Congratulations to Mr. Jackie. (I gave him the masculinised version of your name.)

Yay, for the Mister of the house!

So thrilled for him. You will be the perfect cheerleader for him (heck, you can even don the uniform and steam things up, eh?)!

Keep us posted...and let him know how happy we are for the both of you. :)

What exciting news, Jacqui!

I'd love to get my DH to the doctor and get him banded, too. Now I can show him your post and maybe it will be an inspiration for him.

That's awesome, Jacqui! Best of wishes to him - I'm sure he'll do fantastic with you by his side!