Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Wow, Linda, thats great !! Do you have any pain at all ? When you drink your shakes the first week, do you do 2 oz at a time still ? Also, do you do the shakes as a meal or in between meals like your Water ?

Have you lost any weight since the surgery ? I am so full of questions !! Sorry... But you sound better and I am glad to hear that.. You kind of scared me a couple of days ago being down and all.

I think Margie is coming in next monday.. Do you want to get together for coffee ?

shar

bloom,

i am very tight in the morning- i usually can only get cottage cheese down and a very small amt- about 1/3 cup with some salsa on it. and i eat about half and wait about 20 mins then eat the other half. the rest of the day i can eat more

linda,

you sound like you eel a little better today- im glad to hear it.

val

The drinking thing is the hardest for me to embrace. What I do know is look at my watch as soon as I take my last bite and determine when I can drink, and make myself drink at that time. I have had so much nausea from dehydration.

The other thing I do is if I am meeting my friends at a restaurant I show up early, that way I can drink before I order my food. It is going pretty well too.

it is so good- i may even be able to go to a lower fat cottage cheese

Dear Bloom, I hear you, I also have problems with eggs and have heard others who do also. I don't know what it is maybe because it is a protien, and i do have problems with all protiens. I also am very tight in the a.m. everything gets stuck. I do feel it is loosening a little and the book i have says as you lose wt, your stomach gets smaller, and the band gets looser. Hoff also told me to eat Breakfast everyday but I have to wait a couple of hrs. and drink some before i attempt to eat.

Judy, I do chew, chew, chew, because until you get stuck and have pb's and sliming, I don't think we have the fear instilled in us. I have never before now had this feeling and it is painful and scary at times. I think my problem is slowing down cause I go from no pain to PAIN! without warning, so I think If I slow down, I will get to know when to stop.....oooohhhhh.....

8_1_214.gif Linda I am glad you are doing well, your stomach is still swollen inside that is why you are tight. In a few weeks, your appetite will probably return, and you will have your old appetite back and be begging the Hoff for a fill...LOL

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZNxdm117YYUS

Edited by bandofgold

drinking is hard for me too. i started prior to surgery not drinking with meals, but sometimes it is still hard and now i find i have a hard time getting fluids in

Hi All,

Well I finally had my consult with Dr Hoff and unfortunantly was not given a surgery date because I had a few more tests to do and I also have to get a C-pap machine and actually *use* it before he considers giving me a date :grouphug:. I wish I could have gotten it done in Nov but he said it was too close to Turkey Day so now i'm gonna have to wait until *probably* December...in the meantime i'll have to figure out how to NOT go into a food comma eating all that good food :pray2:... I get my c-pap on Thurs. so we'll see what happens...

Believe me Linda, it does not take long for your appetite to return, sadly! I have had a fill and am ready for another.

I agree Band, there is a point at which that little nudge tells you to stop without one more bite--I do usually take the hint now and do not push it to the next bite. For the time being at least I am not sliming at all which is great, I hate that feeling.

Hello everyone! I am new to this site and somewhat to the Lap Band procedure. I made a phone call Dr, Hoffmans office and was given another phone number to call. I received an answering machine and left my information to receive some info in the mail. Just curious for anyone whos had the surgery....What are the steps and the timeline of this process? Any specifics would be great.

Hello everyone! I am new to this site and somewhat to the Lap Band procedure. I made a phone call Dr, Hoffmans office and was given another phone number to call. I received an answering machine and left my information to receive some info in the mail. Just curious for anyone whos had the surgery....What are the steps and the timeline of this process? Any specifics would be great.

Hi, I started my process in April and finally are scheduled for surgery on 11/11.

When you get the application, write it out and include as much information as you can in your personal letter. Follow the instructions of the application including having your Primary MD fill out his portion so you send all information in together.. Be sure to Copy for your own file !!!

In the meantime, gather up as much medical records up front that is possible. If you have had a sleep study, get a copy of the report..If you have had x-rays, chiropratic consult, blood work including a thyroid test (TSH ?), anything that would relate to any of your medical problems, get copies of the reports and bring them to the clinic visit with you . That will save time in the long run. I did that and still was missing information that I did not realize that I needed. You will also need a psych consult done. Call 689-3333 and get an appointment. Just tell them that you need a consult because you are contemplating bariatric surgery. This is the Psych Group that Dr. Posner's office uses. Sometimes it takes weeks to get an appointment so to save time, get it set up asap.

And, above all.. take copies of all paperwork sent in. Create a file of your own because sometimes, with the volume of applications that they have, they get lost.

Hope this helps out

shar

Big GurlX, was not sure if you were joking about all the good food if you are having surgery potentially in December or January you need to be on South Beach or something so you lose 5% of your body weight before the surgery. Just want to make sure they told you that.

Big GurlX, was not sure if you were joking about all the good food if you are having surgery potentially in December or January you need to be on South Beach or something so you lose 5% of your body weight before the surgery. Just want to make sure they told you that.