Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

I had the same problem I called everyday . I got ahold of Marietta one afternoon. Try in the afternoon and late in week . Good luck!

Blah, I hope it goes away soon. :smile: But I am glad it's not just me. I picked up the rest of my Lortab prescription this afternoon, the pharmacy only had enough for 5 doses and I finished the last dose last night. I'm not a fan of controlled substances, so I too use it for bad nights. I've got to work too, can you imagine going to work on Lortab? How would I even get there, lol!!! :confused:

I'm kind of excited for my follow up appt. tomorrow, looking forward to seeing how much I've lost! Then maybe I'll make a ticker. :wink_smile: About how much did y'all lose in the first week?

Bloom, I lost 3 pounds the first week or so. I lose about 2 a week it seems.

How did you do today?

Nicki was there today but she did not see anyone she thought was you.

Hey experienced bandsters - what is a good chewable Vitamin with Iron. I already take iron so I just bought Vital8 Gummy Multivitamins but I would like to eliminate the seperate iron pill. I take viactiv x2 a day and someone mentioned you are not to take the vitamin and Calcium at the same time. Is that right? There is so much to learn. I was surprised to see the 3 chewables contain a total of 55 calories! Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am trying to get ready.:smile:

I got the Vitamins they told us to get, I am pretty sure they have iron, flintstones chewables. I take my vitamins and calcium together. Cant imagine an interaction.

HELP!!!!! I've been calling the comprehensive weight loss program for over 4 months now and still no orientation date. I've sent in all the necessary paperwork, gotten all my testing done and i'm still waiting. I'm getting sooo discouraged. I've read some of you have gotten your responses fairly quick. Any ideas what it could be? :confused:

By they way KUDOS to all who have started your journey's and have made it through!!!

If I were you I would apply to both Buffalo General and Caruana at Sisters.

BGH is shorthanded, they lost one surgeon and one office person. Apply to both and see who comes through first.

I'm back from my appt./work...and I lost 19 lbs. in 12 days (Laurie and Barb said "1 week" but I reminded them that I technically weighed in on the 10th, and they said, "oh whatever, silly!")!!!! Of course that's mostly Water weight, but I already feel differently.

I've been moved to pureed food--I'm currently eating some pureed chicken salad and sweet potatoes...getting through the chicken first, of course! I already feel full after like 10 little bites...I only made about 1/4 c. of it. Dr. Hoffman was really intense about how he made my stomach the size of an egg, and I've got to pay attention to how much I put in there so I'm wicked anal about it. No stretching will be happening here!

In two weeks I'll be able to go in a pool, so that's when I'm going back to water aerobics at the Y here in Lockport.

My next appt. is in 5 weeks, by then I'll know if I need a fill or not. Eek! He said everything looked good and I've lost 60 lbs. since I met him and he wants me to "blow him away" at my next appointment. Face it, I'm psyched up!

Akirrastar...I would be super pushy with Buffalo General. Through my research here and in other sites, and with people I know who have gone through Sister's...this is a better program. Just call incessantly. Same for you, Buckets. The doctors at Buffalo General are more experienced with bands.

Hey Bloom,

Congrats on your weightloss....you're melting away!:confused:

I'm back from my appt./work...and I lost 19 lbs. in 12 days (Laurie and Barb said "1 week" but I reminded them that I technically weighed in on the 10th, and they said, "oh whatever, silly!")!!!! Of course that's mostly Water weight, but I already feel differently.

I've been moved to pureed food--I'm currently eating some pureed chicken salad and sweet potatoes...getting through the chicken first, of course! I already feel full after like 10 little bites...I only made about 1/4 c. of it. Dr. Hoffman was really intense about how he made my stomach the size of an egg, and I've got to pay attention to how much I put in there so I'm wicked anal about it. No stretching will be happening here!

In two weeks I'll be able to go in a pool, so that's when I'm going back to water aerobics at the Y here in Lockport.

My next appt. is in 5 weeks, by then I'll know if I need a fill or not. Eek! He said everything looked good and I've lost 60 lbs. since I met him and he wants me to "blow him away" at my next appointment. Face it, I'm psyched up!

Akirrastar...I would be super pushy with Buffalo General. Through my research here and in other sites, and with people I know who have gone through Sister's...this is a better program. Just call incessantly. Same for you, Buckets. The doctors at Buffalo General are more experienced with bands.

Yes, Bloom, great job. Did you go right back to work then? Sounds like you did. How was it?

Keep that momentum going.

judy,

i think taking them together inactivates the calcium- you are supposed to space them apart

i agree bloom- i checked out both buffalo general and sisters and i feel bgh has the better program

Hey guys I'm back!!! I've missed some things while off in Accounting land... Work is the hottest at this time of the year for Gov't. We end our fiscal year Sept. 30th.

Bloom baby you're doing wonderful.... Glad to hear your feeling and doing great!!

I wanted to share a fell phone numbers for BGH bariatrics

859-2067....859-3167.. or if you applied and can't get in for over four months I'd try Dr. Hoffman's sec. Lisa at 859-4024 and see what she suggests you do to get into a seminar!! That is crazy waiting that long!! They really need to get a better handle on this part of the program.

i agree bloom- i checked out both buffalo general and sisters and i feel bgh has the better program

I am not sure if BGH is really doing such a great informational job. We all have different information about Vitamins, Proteins, what to eat etc. Really, other than the MD appointments which are great, what other resources are available for information? Barb is helpful to if you have a problem. We need a resource for day to day questions so we can get the medical answers. Anyone agree?

My sister went to Sisters and she is very happy and very skinny.

Actually I was just suggesting she try both to see where she gets in first, since BGH is running at least 6 months. Not sure if they are hiring a new doc or not, which will make it even longer. I was looking into both but then BGH was faster, and of course I am happy with my surgery. I just wish it was easier to get answers to the day to day questions. Maybe they would put together a Q and A website.

I will have to agree with you, Judy. On everything, actually!!! I was just putting my two cents in before. :rolleyes2: :drool: The BGH program is very comprehensive, but there are parts that aren't being discussed with us...I mean, like I said--The Hoff was upset that I hadn't been told about Protein Drinks. It's the communication system, I think, because they're so overwhelmed. The wait is long, but I really do feel supported and I think for me that's the most important thing.

My friends have also had great results and are very happy with the program at Sister's...for me, Dr. Hoffman especially was much more experienced with the band. But honestly...you've got to get into a program ASAP to get yourself motivated and a part of something. Get in whereever you can!!! Remember, my original application was LOST!!!!

We DEFINITELY need a more updated way of communication from them. All of my info usually comes from the internet!!!

Thanks, LLL!

It's so funny, now that I can "eat" my pureed stuff---I'm afraid to eat because I don't know how it's going to feel to be full. Don't get me wrong, I've been eating, but I'm so used to filling myself WAY past where I should...I don't know how to handle this!!

By the way---pureeing scrambled eggs is absolutely DISGUSTING. I will never do that again unless I put buttloads of ketchup on them. And since I'm not eating ketchup right now because of the sugar content...NOPE!

Way to go Bloom!!! congrats....

As for the program at BGH, I waited 6 months to get into the seminar in March, and couldn't get anyone to call me back EVER! I just had to wait it out, cause Sister's did not do banding then, now tgey do have a dr. who bands..I heard they were interviewing dr.s at BGH for the new position, but don't know if they have a potential or not. I also agree that everyone is told something different there cause Kim told me at my one week i had no fill at all and not to worry about stretching cause there was nothing to stretch and when the Hoff came back from out of town, he went wild. He was pi**ed off and didn't try to hide it, and by the way, I lost 10 lbs the first week and put on 7 lbs by the time Hoff got back cause i figured since i had no fill and was told it was time for healing and not losing wt., i might as well eat...so try to get your info from the hoff himself. talk to you guys later..vicki

p.s. I am at my first plateau, haven't lost anything in 3 weeks! any advice. I'm doing Water arobics and some walking...

I cant imagine eating that much in the early stages of the band. Didnt it hurt or did you throw up? To gain 7 pounds means you ate 21,000 calories above and beyone what your body burned. Each pound is 3000 calories, if you gain one, you ate 3000 calories extra. OMG tell me at least you gained it on soft foods. I am hurting thinking about it.

Not sure I am one to give weight loss advice, but I write everything down I eat, so I can not fool myself and say, "Gee, I did not eat much this week". Generally if I write it down I eat less, and if I do not lose at least I know why.

When will you go for a fill again?

Hoffman told me if I want to lose more I need to exercise more. (I say three days a week is enough, LOL).