Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Laurie took out 5 1/2 cc's.. according to her, I am totally unfilled. According to everyone I spoke to about cruising, you either luv it or hate it.. mostly they luv it..

I live in Fonthill, Ontario.. Fonthill is between Niagara Falls and Welland.. not far from the rainbow bridge or the peace bridge..but orig from northbuffalo.. I married a canadian and I have been here for about 10 years now..I have had the Ontario health insurance but really never used it because I always had my Com Blue.. I retired from BC BS after 37 years.. But, why should I pay 500 to 600. per month if I really don't have to.. I am going to try out the ontario health plan.. for us its only 500. per year.. My husband has never had a problem with it but he did say that if I have any health issues and we are not happy with the OHIP, I can get the BCBS at any time I want, so we'll see.. Hoping there aren't any problems..

oh, well it sounds like hes been very supportive...and you've got the best of both countries LOL...keep me updated, you can email my private address if you want anytime...:smile2:

oh, well it sounds like hes been very supportive...and you've got the best of both countries LOL...keep me updated, you can email my private address if you want anytime...:)

Oh, yes, he is very supportive, however, he would have rather me not have had the surgery to begin with.. I had to do alot of fancy dancin to convince him that the band was safe.. He agreed, but, really wasn't in favor.. Now this new thing, it was easier to convince him.. I hate these people that can stay in shape, not over weight w/o much effort.. His whole family is like that.. oh well, can't have it all.. I guess its in the genes !! :smile2:

Oh, yes, he is very supportive, however, he would have rather me not have had the surgery to begin with.. I had to do alot of fancy dancin to convince him that the band was safe.. He agreed, but, really wasn't in favor.. Now this new thing, it was easier to convince him.. I hate these people that can stay in shape, not over weight w/o much effort.. His whole family is like that.. oh well, can't have it all.. I guess its in the genes !! :smile2:

What is going on here! I get on the scale this morn...well this afternoon and my weight was 290?! wtf!

I have'nt been eating real bad lately..soo what da hell is going on here :) Ok guys, I need some encouragement and possibly a fill (which I turned down the last time I was there :angry:). Oh Well.

I can't believe they're advertising doughnuts (glaze ) on the bottom of this page!:smile2::):angry:

wth...donuts??????

Hi All just wanted to hop in.... I'm such a in and out girl on this board so just wanted to chime in a bit. I'm 5 weeks out from my Sleeve and have lost 36 lbs. I'm just in shock at how easy and wonderful I feel and doing since my new surgery. Yes, the sleeve is everyting the band was suppose to be after 2 years. I did good with the band but some how it just turned on me after the two year mark. I started to get that first bite shock, you know you take a bite and it just stays on the top on the ring and stays there blocking not allowing anything else for atleast 20 minutes (fustrating knowing everyone else is eatting and your starving). Others problems too. I was a good band mate too.. Did everything the way I was directed. Lost 113 lbs.... So now I'm at 149 lbs lost total as of today. Now I have alot more to go since I started in the 400 range.... But I should be there by summer time...

I'm a non bullsh!t type person...... I will not sugar coat anything about it but the best thing ever was the doctor suggesting the sleeve so don't let this opertunity to pass. Take the offer and GO FOR IT...... You will not reget it....... Knowing that my restriction won't change, have to wait for fills to give me restriction, having that stuck feeling, panic if I need to be unfilled for the 100th time after hours, is so worth it...... I have not had one moment of hunger since I was 10 days post OP once you start mushies and all the Grelin is out of your system it's like a huge demon off my fat back......... This is like not going as huge as RNY and the awesome benefits of the band with out all the extra visits and maintence. I have no worries anymore of what's going to happen anytime the time bomb the band was going to throw at me......

This is just my own feelings so everyone should take a deep breath and weigh out the pros and cons and make the best choice for them selfs. Anyone wanting to talk to me are so very much welcome to do so..... I will answer any questions. Help in any way I can. If you want even ask Dr. Hoffman about me he has me talking to some of his patients about my new found love (the Sleeve).

Edited by LiveLoveLaugh

wth...donuts??????

Yup ..its back this morning

:)

post-232171-13813139684738_thumb.jpg

Hi All just wanted to hop in.... I'm such a in and out girl on this board so just wanted to chime in a bit. I'm 5 weeks out from my Sleeve and have lost 36 lbs. I'm just in shock at how easy and wonderful I feel and doing since my new surgery. Yes, the sleeve is everyting the band was suppose to be after 2 years. I did good with the band but some how it just turned on me after the two year mark. I started to get that first bite shock, you know you take a bite and it just stays on the top on the ring and stays there blocking not allowing anything else for atleast 20 minutes (fustrating knowing everyone else is eatting and your starving). Others problems too. I was a good band mate too.. Did everything the way I was directed. Lost 113 lbs.... So now I'm at 149 lbs lost total as of today. Now I have alot more to go since I started in the 400 range.... But I should be there by summer time...

I'm a non bullsh!t type person...... I will not sugar coat anything about it but the best thing ever was the doctor suggesting the sleeve so don't let this opertunity to pass. Take the offer and GO FOR IT...... You will not reget it....... Knowing that my restriction won't change, have to wait for fills to give me restriction, having that stuck feeling, panic if I need to be unfilled for the 100th time after hours, is so worth it...... I have not had one moment of hunger since I was 10 days post OP once you start mushies and all the Grelin is out of your system it's like a huge demon off my fat back......... This is like not going as huge as RNY and the awesome benefits of the band with out all the extra visits and maintence. I have no worries anymore of what's going to happen anytime the time bomb the band was going to throw at me......

This is just my own feelings so everyone should take a deep breath and weigh out the pros and cons and make the best choice for them selfs. Anyone wanting to talk to me are so very much welcome to do so..... I will answer any questions. Help in any way I can. If you want even ask Dr. Hoffman about me he has me talking to some of his patients about my new found love (the Sleeve).

WOW... It's amazing how the weight is melting off! You're doing real good with the Sleeve!:)

Down 8 lbs in 7 days, i agree with LLL, the sleeve so far is everything the band was not, today is one week and finally not hungry at all, i woke up starving in the recovery room, so it must be the grehlin is leaving, so long, wont miss ya! LOL.......

BG i know you have always been a big advocate of the sleeve, even before the Hoff was doing it, check it out.

Miss everyone, how are you doing val?

Yeah, i have to say, that doughnut is not appropriate for this site>>>

im doing well....everyone is telling me how thin i look, ill never think of myself as thin. i know ive lost a ton of weight but i dont think im skinny. the world is so small, i ran into nbg at the dentist...can u believe it.

the sleeve is working well...im finally taking a bite or two of the dense protein...very small amts and doing okay. working out and trying to be good....lol

im doing well....everyone is telling me how thin i look, ill never think of myself as thin. i know ive lost a ton of weight but i dont think im skinny. the world is so small, i ran into nbg at the dentist...can u believe it.

the sleeve is working well...im finally taking a bite or two of the dense protein...very small amts and doing okay. working out and trying to be good....lol

Thats great Val, how much have u lost now, cause you looked skinny to me at the last support meeting? how did u both know who the other was did u meet her before...? thats ironic after all the chat here the last couple days, i am so glad ur doing well val, r u going to the next support meeting? :)

Do you get a stuck feeling when dense Protein do'nt go down right? Or do you just throw it up?

Thats great Val, how much have u lost now, cause you looked skinny to me at the last support meeting? how did u both know who the other was did u meet her before...? thats ironic after all the chat here the last couple days, i am so glad ur doing well val, r u going to the next support meeting? :)

It is a small world, I was surprised to see my friend Debbie and her Father at the support meeting. We just met at the Greek Fest this past summer. It really is a small world.

Val, it was nice seeing you at Dr millers office... I was so surprised .. I luv him.. been going to him for almost 20 years. You do look thin but I noticed that at the last meeting..

Big Girl.. you don't know who I am ? I know you !! I am at most of the meetings.. I come with sandra and sandy.. I usually sit up near the front because I have hearing problems ..

LLL... sounds like you are really happy with the surgery.. I am trying to feel my way around the Verticle sleeve forum.. I am on it but I need and want to read some information on people that are 2 years or more post surgery.. I want to know what kinds of problems are going to pop up in the future.. I just can't seem to find my way around the site very well..

So far, I have been deflated about a full week and still am not having any problems.. Hope it stays that way until at least I see posner on the 29th.. :)

shar

Here is a recipe that looks real good and IS pouch friendly.

Youtube Title:

Tipton pizza Soup - Cooking after Gastric Bypass

It's also band and sleeve friendly.:)