Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Here is a recipe that looks real good and IS pouch friendly.

Youtube Title:

Tipton pizza Soup - Cooking after Gastric Bypass

It's also band and sleeve friendly.:)

You go gurl, I just got a nook e-reader and down loaded the complete idiots guide to low carb cooking and i have to say some of the recipes look yummy. cant wait to start eating again.

Yeah, i never thought to ask val, what does happen when you cant process the protien and if it does get stuck, where does it get stuck at ? LOL.....thanks val, your the pro now so we have to badger you with questions .........hahaha:thumbup:

i dont feel well and usually end up throwing it up bg

vivki im down to 155, which means from the beginning ive lost 99 lbs, of course its not my preop weight, but its the weight i was when i started the process. i met nbg from walking and the support group

dr miller is great, i know him through a friend. he is an awesome guy. great seeing u there. i dont think ill be at the next support group meeting

BigGirl, I watched the Soup recipe on utube.. looks good.. if you go in the drop down for oter recipe videos, they look good too..

Vicki or Val, are you able to get some answers on that forum regarding medical difficulties for post op patients.?. If its weight gain, i think no matter what surgery you have, that will always be a problem if you are not careful.. I am just worried about I guess the unknown..mal absorption, etc.

i havent seen too much about difficulties....there is a woman i pm on gastricsleeve who answered questions for me, she was a former bander. her name is tiffykins, if you pm here she will answer questions. the thing that impressed was no one had regrets. i think the sleeve does what we hoped the band would. i think some do well with the band, i have a friend that does very well. dont get me wrong, i have no regrets with my band

Yes, NBG, her name is tiffkins and she is a walking encyclopedia on the sleeve, she is scouting new questions everyday and answering them, she is ver sweet and very knowledgable, I havent seen anyone gain weight yet but i seen a couple posts about being afraind to lose to much and most people responded by sayingto increase your intake and decrease cardio. just ckick on forums, and then their are different ones with different content and people are righting in everyday, all day, with questions and answers and tiffkins will tell you to pm her. hope we helped alittle bit..)

I go in tomorrow for my post op and get the dranin out...YAY!! honestly, it wasnt bad at all.....

I go in tomorrow for my post op and get the dranin out...YAY!! honestly, it wasnt bad at all.....

I would be so paranoid walking around with drains in me.. I'm so clumsy..i'd probably pull them out lol

I would be so paranoid walking around with drains in me.. I'm so clumsy..i'd probably pull them out lol

Yes well me too BG, but i did good until last nite, i just tuck the bulb in my waist band, but last nite i forgot after changing my clothes and sat on it and it was pulling, thank God he puts one stitch in to hold it somewhat, but if i had pulled any longer, that woulda come out. It must happen, cause he said in the hospital, be careful you dont pull it out. LOL....:)

Yes well me too BG, but i did good until last nite, i just tuck the bulb in my waist band, but last nite i forgot after changing my clothes and sat on it and it was pulling, thank God he puts one stitch in to hold it somewhat, but if i had pulled any longer, that woulda come out. It must happen, cause he said in the hospital, be careful you dont pull it out. LOL....:)

I had some time last night and finally found the part on the forum with questions and answers with different topics. it is very informational and very interesting.. Anyway, how long do they keep the drain in..?? is it gross ? could you go out oor are you stuck home until the drain comes out ? let me know how it went today..:crying:

I had some time last night and finally found the part on the forum with questions and answers with different topics. it is very informational and very interesting.. Anyway, how long do they keep the drain in..?? is it gross ? could you go out oor are you stuck home until the drain comes out ? let me know how it went today..:)

i go in tomorrow for the post op appt., but yeah it was gross the first couple days, i never had one before, after a couple days, i got used to it. i'm not sure, as far as how long, i guess until your post op and mine happens to be 10 days, i guess it could be anywhere from a week to 10 days. Val didn't have a drain, but i guess he is doing it on everyone now. Have u decided what to do yet or are you still researching?

Oh and yeah you could go out, just tuck it in your pants or tape it to your belly or pin it to your shirt LOL. use it as any earing. oh, im sorry, getting silly now...cant wait to eat something, im not sure what they let you puree at first?

Edited by vicki s

i go in tomorrow for the post op appt., but yeah it was gross the first couple days, i never had one before, after a couple days, i got used to it. i'm not sure, as far as how long, i guess until your post op and mine happens to be 10 days, i guess it could be anywhere from a week to 10 days. Val didn't have a drain, but i guess he is doing it on everyone now. Have u decided what to do yet or are you still researching?

Oh and yeah you could go out, just tuck it in your pants or tape it to your belly or pin it to your shirt LOL. use it as any earing. oh, im sorry, getting silly now...cant wait to eat something, im not sure what they let you puree at first?

Yes, I decided.. I am going for it.. Hoffman did yours ? I wonder what Posner will do... If he does the same ? What is the drain for anyway ?? let me know how you do tomorrow.. good luck :)

shar

Yes, I decided.. I am going for it.. Hoffman did yours ? I wonder what Posner will do... If he does the same ? What is the drain for anyway ?? let me know how you do tomorrow.. good luck :)

shar

Oh thats right, you have Posner, so, he might do things a little differently, not sure, but the drain is too catch the Fluid that collects in your abdominal cavity after surgery and if you would every get a leak, less than 1%, it would collect that too, so im really glad i have one, it gave me peice of mind... congrats to you on your decision, and we will welcom you to the loser's bench after your surgery LOL... I will let you know how I make out tomorrow...:crying:)

i was lucky, i didnt have a drain, which i was actually suprised. he told me he puts drains in everyone now

i was lucky, i didnt have a drain, which i was actually suprised. he told me he puts drains in everyone now

val, was that posner or hoffman ? Has anyone heard from China ?? wonder how she is doing..:)