Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Vicki, do'nt think about how long its going to take to get the extra weight off. Just take it one day at a time and concentrate on what you should do for that day. That's what i'm doing to help myself get back on track. :)

thanks Biggurl, I needed to hear that, up again today, how can anyone gain 20 lbs in 3 weeks? I can I guess...

One day at a time, thats how I got fat, so I guess thats how I have to lose, but boy it goes on a lot faster than it comes off......:thumbup:

Hang in there val your pobably just irritated, I hope your band is ok, i wouldn't wish that on anyone, but when mine slipped I couldn't get anything down, not even water...

was at 202.8 today at the hoff's. he gave me 2 cc's which is what he puts in after initial banding in the o.r. been eating and feel no difference, which he said probably wouldn't. going back on april 21 at 12:45. He is leaving for Europe tomorrow for 10 days. hope all is well with everyone else...

Edited by vicki's band

Ok, so BGH called today and stated I have an appointment on April 8th....OMG...I told her "NO" my appointment is April 23rd for my last weigh in before surgery which is May 4th, then she said yes I have you scheduled for that day (April 23rd) so where did they get April 8th??? I also found out that my appointment in Jan. that was billed to my insurance was not me and wasn't even Dr Posner...what is wrong with that office. If I wasn't this far along in the process I would definitely change Dr's and facility, but I've come this far and it has taken me almost a year, so I hate to start over......GGGrrrrrrrr I really have a problem with incompetent people and it certainly makes me more nervous about the surgery.:thumbup: Okay I'm done venting now, hope everyone else has a great day:smile:

Ok, so BGH called today and stated I have an appointment on April 8th....OMG...I told her "NO" my appointment is April 23rd for my last weigh in before surgery which is May 4th, then she said yes I have you scheduled for that day (April 23rd) so where did they get April 8th??? I also found out that my appointment in Jan. that was billed to my insurance was not me and wasn't even Dr Posner...what is wrong with that office. If I wasn't this far along in the process I would definitely change Dr's and facility, but I've come this far and it has taken me almost a year, so I hate to start over......GGGrrrrrrrr I really have a problem with incompetent people and it certainly makes me more nervous about the surgery.:eek: Okay I'm done venting now, hope everyone else has a great day:smile:

Wow, well first of all, congratulations on your upcoming surgery, how exciting. Second, let me second that, cause I can't believe it myself, and how does no one know how incompetent their staff is!!!:thumbup: That place is a mess...:cursing: incompetent is being kind, your not the only one who has had problems Maggie, but the doc's are great. I wonder if there is a specific # or person to complain to. I have already told Hoffman how we all feel, but he works for the University, so I dont know how much input he has......:frown:

We need to band together and contact the Admin officer of BGH. I had problems back a year and a half a go and was completely satisfied with the results. Seems things are getting out of hand again.

We need to band together and contact the Admin officer of BGH. I had problems back a year and a half a go and was completely satisfied with the results. Seems things are getting out of hand again.

LLL, haven't seen you around in a long time, how r u doing?. who did u complain too and how does it work?:thumbup:

Hello, I know I've been missing in action. Well let's just say I went to an appointment in July/09. Had a fill and was to return Sept/09 but my appointment was cancelled since the Hoff was going to be gone out of office so I booked Nov. just before Thanksgiving. Well I decided to cancel it since I didn't want to be filled two days before Thanksgiving. Stupied me I ended up getting Feb.23,2010 as my next appointment date. I didn't lose anything yet never gained weight in that 7 months but I could have had better restriction during that time so I could have lost more weight. So lesson learned make sure you get appointments every 8-10 weeks just to keep up on things even if a fill in not needed. I was filled .75CC on Feb.23 and it's been wonderful. I've lost already 27 lbs in 5 weeks. Now tell me this won't work for us bigger losers. I need to update my tracker once I get off this message. Even just a small tweek can make a huge difference.

Ok here is what happened when I had to complain. I was giving Dr. Hoffman's name out to some of my bigger frineds (5) who wanted the band by him. They applied asked for his by name. Went to the seminar and when they called them for a consult 4 out of five of were given to Posner and the other lady can't recall her name right now. They even asked for Hoffman etc... they were told it's the luck of the draw and wouldn't budge to give them Hoffman. Well first if a patient requests a doctor by name they cannot make you take another by the so called luck of the draw and once they wanted him weather or not an appointment date was open for the other two they had to set up a later time with Hoffman. Yet they gave these 4 patients the complete run around. This is a complete violation of patient rights to choose.

So we placed a complaint to the Admin Director and it went through the chain to patient affairs etc....

In the end it worked and it was resolved.

Hello, I know I've been missing in action. Well let's just say I went to an appointment in July/09. Had a fill and was to return Sept/09 but my appointment was cancelled since the Hoff was going to be gone out of office so I booked Nov. just before Thanksgiving. Well I decided to cancel it since I didn't want to be filled two days before Thanksgiving. Stupied me I ended up getting Feb.23,2010 as my next appointment date. I didn't lose anything yet never gained weight in that 7 months but I could have had better restriction during that time so I could have lost more weight. So lesson learned make sure you get appointments every 8-10 weeks just to keep up on things even if a fill in not needed. I was filled .75CC on Feb.23 and it's been wonderful. I've lost already 27 lbs in 5 weeks. Now tell me this won't work for us bigger losers. I need to update my tracker once I get off this message. Even just a small tweek can make a huge difference.

Ok here is what happened when I had to complain. I was giving Dr. Hoffman's name out to some of my bigger frineds (5) who wanted the band by him. They applied asked for his by name. Went to the seminar and when they called them for a consult 4 out of five of were given to Posner and the other lady can't recall her name right now. They even asked for Hoffman etc... they were told it's the luck of the draw and wouldn't budge to give them Hoffman. Well first if a patient requests a doctor by name they cannot make you take another by the so called luck of the draw and once they wanted him weather or not an appointment date was open for the other two they had to set up a later time with Hoffman. Yet they gave these 4 patients the complete run around. This is a complete violation of patient rights to choose.

So we placed a complaint to the Admin Director and it went through the chain to patient affairs etc....

In the end it worked and it was resolved.

wow, that was a tremendous amount of weight to lose in 5 weeks, you go girl.....glad it all worked out for your friends, don't be a stranger...:)

Thanks...... Sorry to see all the stuff your going through right now!! I went back and read all the postings.... Wow you can never be 100% sure nothing can happen even when treating your bad with respect. I wish you all the best. I'm trying not to be a stranger it just happens when I'm so busy. Between my two children, my son graduating high school this June and working VA Research/UB foundation it's been a real adventure. LOL

Thanks...... Sorry to see all the stuff your going through right now!! I went back and read all the postings.... Wow you can never be 100% sure nothing can happen even when treating your bad with respect. I wish you all the best. I'm trying not to be a stranger it just happens when I'm so busy. Between my two children, my son graduating high school this June and working VA Research/UB foundation it's been a real adventure. LOL

Wow, sounds like a busy schedule, yeah, had lots of problems, hope they are resolved now, but like you said yoiu can never be sure.:thumbdown:

Val, how r u doing since your unfill, havent heard from u.

vicki, some days are good, some not so good. still eating small amounts. i will prob call next week to set up a sallow study before my next appt

vicki, some days are good, some not so good. still eating small amounts. i will prob call next week to set up a sallow study before my next appt

what is going on val, u just cant eat alot, or heartburn, does it feel different than just being tight? i'm just wondering why you dont just think your too tight and need a swallow study. I know I knew it was something more, just wondering what your feeling is. :confused:

lol...im not sure anymore. barb thought for sure taking some out id eat too much and gain but ive lost about 4 lbs. i dont get the reflux anymore. dr h told me im just very sensitive to fills, but i have less in now then when it was put it. i only have 1cc in my band

Leslie called me Thursday and told me my insurance denied my surgery (I have UHC) and when she asked them why, the lady said I didn't meet the criteria, when Leslie asked what the criteria was, the lady became agitated and told her she couldn't give her that info, so I got on the UHC website and found the policy for Bariatric surgery and it said: " Bariatric surgery is proven for the following:

Class III obese (BMI > 40 kg/m2)

Class II obese (BMI 35-39.9 kg/m2) in the presence of one or more of the following comorbidities:

Type 2 diabetes

Cardiovascular disease (e.g., stroke, myocardial infarction, stable or unstable angina pectoris, hypertension or coronary artery bypass)

Life-threatening cardiopulmonary problems (e.g., severe sleep apnea, Pickwickian syndrome, obesity-related cardiomyopathy)

My BMI is over 35 and I have type 2 diabetes, plus GERD and High Cholesterol, so I'm not sure how they could have denied it. Leslie said that Dr Posner would have a one on one peer review with my insurances review Dr so hopefully it can get approved, especially since I have already had all my pre surgery tests done and my surgery date is May 4th. So everyone cross their fingers and toes for me:confused: