Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Green" Day Challenge

i totally went "GREEN" w/my food today! LOL....i thought i'd share.

we were @ the mall food court for lunch and i bought this SPINACH LASGANA....sad that i had to throw 95% of it away, BUT the good news is, I didn't eat ANY of the Pasta layers! I just picked out the spinach and the red sauce and cheese....it was good...pasta is over rated! of course, you couldn't have told me that pre-band!

for dinner i baked chicken and made a big pot of mixed greens....i'm from the south! anyhow, i seasoned them up VERY WELL and used NO BUTTER!!!....i did cook some bacon into them for flavor though...but i ONLY at the mixed greens and left the chicken over for my hubby and son...TONS of leftovers, which is great! Bc who wants to cook on Saturdays!

I do try to watch myself on the Salads...is it just me, or does it seem like a "Healthy" choice at first...and then you add all the good stuff and the fattening dressings, etc and before you know it, its not such a "healthy" choice after all.....am I the only one that has that problem?

I can't eat just lettuce w/out the good stuff....the cheese and bacon bits and croutons and sunflower seeds...then the mushrooms and purple onions and tomatoes....some of its not bad...but alot of it is....especially the dressings.

Also, is it just me...or do leafy veges go down ALOT easier then other foods and are ya'll able to eat more of them then other things?

I can usually only eat about 1/4-1/2 cup of food, but with the Mixed Greens tonight, it was probably closer to 2/3 cup...and i was HAPPY about that...bc they were soooo good! but does anyone else notice that leafy greens go down easier and can eat more of them then other foods?

i'm all into this challenge!!!! and excited about it too! can ya'll tell?!!!

xoxo, Christie

I went green on my food yesterday too! I had a fill this past tueday and I am pretty tight! I wasn't able to eat anything until last night and I ate spinach dip without chips. I think this fill put me at my "sweet spot".

Oh, and I am down 1 lb. today, YEY!

tonight i went "GREEN" with a little bit of broccolli and some stir fry cabbage....

adding this twist of "green" foods into the challenge was a good idea and is actually fun. i now look for foods that are green when i'm trying to decide what to eat....which is helping keep away the more carb type of vegies.

again, GREAT IDEA!

how is everyone else doing on their "GREEN" eating???

xoxo, Christie

Hazeleyegrl

I've been doing good with the "green" foods. I've been eating a lot of spinach and green Beans. I'm still pretty restricted from my fill, so I haven't been able to eat any meat yet. Spinach dip is pretty low carb and it goes down easy, so that's what I've been eating for the past couple of days.

I'm really having fun with this challenge too! I've been trying to "go green" by using a lot less energy by opening up the blinds during the day instead of turning on the lights, making sure the TV is turned off when we are not watching (I've always been bad about leaving the TV on when we leave the house too!), washing clothes with cold Water and only drying them for about 10 minutes (long enough to fluff them and get wrinkles out) then hanging them up to finish drying. I'm excited to see how much less our electricity bill is going to be!

How is everyone else doing?

any new updates? any one lost any more weight during this challenge yet? i'm once again at another lil plateau, but, its also my TOM (hope thats not TMI), but i'm HOPING that is the reason my weight has been at such a stand still.....yea that and plus...

Do GREEN M&M's count as "going green"?!! LOL...sorry, i had a sweet tooth attack!!! i couldn't resist, like i said, TOM!

xoxo, Christie

Hey ladies! Its my Super Fantastic Weigh-In Wednesday! Well this week the best news is that I haven't gained any lbs. I'm the same as last week, 284lbs. I'm okay with that provided what has been going on in my RL lately. But the storm is passing and I am back at the gym.

I am happy to say that I never lost my focus for a second and from that I learned that I am truly committed to this bandster lifestyle.

Hazeleyegrl- I have been having major sweet tooth attacks too! I think it's because I had stopped taking my meds, but I started back taking them today, so I don't have any more excuses, lol!

chocolate Snaps- no loss is better than a gain, I haven't lost either. I guess I'm going through another plateau, and I'm hoping to bust through it soon!

I weighed again this morning and I am still 265, only 1 lb down, but I'm not giving up. My eating habits are about to change drastically. I think I have been having gallbladder attacks, I'm not sure but I made an appointment to see my doctor next Wednesday. I have been doing Atkins for a while and I think eating high fat/low carb and rapid weight loss might be causing my problems. I am going to start really adding in some veggies and fruits along with lean meats and just start eating healthier in general. The thought of another surgery is making me sick.....but I shouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. I'll let everyone know what the doc says on Wednesday.

I've still been doing very well with going green for the environment though. I've gotta get back to eating some green foods though, I've slacked off the past couple of days.

Anyone else have any updates???

I haven't weighed myself in a few days...I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a cruise, so I'll be back in a little over a week! Last night I kept sliming...for some reason a little Pasta got stuck, and it never usually does. That was not a pleasant experience. Though, it caused me not to eat anything the rest of the night! lol Have a good week ya'll, see ya when I get back!

I love this new challenge!!!! I would love to join in. I already have the light bulbs covered. I am a little late to join you, but will do my best. I haven't been on the boards in a while.

Day of Surgery weight: 215

Current weight: 189.5

St. Patty's Day weight: 180

Okay, I am very excited! I had been plateauing for about a week and this morning when I got on the scales, I dropped 3 more pounds! It's so strange how I can go without losing and then...........WAM, drop 3 lbs! Anyway, I'm just so glad to see that the scale is moving in the right direction, lol.

Keep up the great work everyone!

Good for you, Georgia Girl!!!!!! I was never a believer in the plateau and Bam 3lbs gone, until it happened to me and now thats usually how it works for me. Again, way to go.:tt2:

Good for you, Georgia Girl!!!!!! I was never a believer in the plateau and Bam 3lbs gone, until it happened to me and now thats usually how it works for me. Again, way to go.:smile2:

Thanks. I've lost that way since the begining. I have gone like a month without losing anything and then all the sudden I'll lose 7-8 lbs in a week.........it's crazy!