Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

phewww where to start

My BMI was over 70 yep 70....

I was banded on the 5th of feb and I am looking forward to gaining the support of people who have been around my weight. I appreciate my family and friends sticking by me but unless you have been this big its hard for people to understand, there is sadness behind my smile, there is hurt behind my laughter. I cant wait til things fit til i feel like I fit!!!

Thank you so much for this site, for your posts, to gain inspiration and to see how far you have all come is awesome

Congratulations everyone

I look forward to talking to you and reading more of your posts

Ky:

Welcome to bandland and also to this site. There are alot of supportive people here.

Sue

thanks so much everyone!!!

A great big hug to start you out ... no pun intended! I too am looking forward to feeling like I fit in to anyone's life- even my own. We all have issues and we all need some support! Join right in.

(They closed the old thread... so, here's to the new year.)

This is a thread for those of us who started out with a BMI over 50. Our old thread got too long, so this is the newer one. Search for it if you need to, and join us there too if you want. WELCOME!:D

Hi Kygie,

Congratulations and welcome. It is a weird and wonderful journey.

:thumbup:

Keep us up on your progerss.

Best wishes,

Mary

Hi:

I was banded April 1st 2008, and got my first fill last week, I don't feel any restriction at all. This is the week of my monthly cycle and I'm starved, or think I am.

For some more history, I've always been over weight. I have a BMI over 50. My husband has left me for his "other woman". He says he loves me, but can't leave her, I've started divorce proceedings. My two children are grown and don't live with me, they are to busy for me. I have no other family. I have a few good friends but can't seem to make myself "disturb" them. I have returned to school full time to get my teaching degree, I am 50, 51 on July 4th. I am incredibly loney. I'm trying to ge my life in order, and find something good about it. But, I'm struggling. And now, I need to give up food, a soul source of comfort.

Anyone else succed at any of this.

Struggling. :thumbup:

Carla

Hey Carla:

You are not alone, just posting at a late hour.

Stay focused on you and your goal to lose weight and some of the other things will fall into place. My BMI was 51 when I started and now I'm within 40 pounds of goal.

I know how feeling lonely can be. It sucks! Taking walks with headphones on helps because good music helps the spirit and the walk helps the body. Perhaps you could join a local gym, or curves, or something like that?

Another thing that helped me is to go through your closet and all of your bureaus and put the clothes together in sizes so that as you go down in sizes you can donate the clothes that are too big to charity.

You're in school, so that must be taking up alot of your time. Enjoy it.

At first when I was banded I was exhausted so going to bed early became a requirement and it killed two birds with one stone - sleep is good, and there's no eating when you're sleeping. Another thing I did alot of was take baths with a good book.

Take care. I can tell you, from experience, that getting the weight off takes care of some of the depression and lonely feelings.

Gotta go to work.

Hugs.

Sue

Hey Carla- you're not alone! You can always come here for support... I could also suggest the chat room- it helps when you're looking for some instant support. :thumbup:

Most the people I've met on these forums are incredibly supportive and caring. We're glad you're here.

Hi:

I was banded April 1st 2008, and got my first fill last week, I don't feel any restriction at all. This is the week of my monthly cycle and I'm starved, or think I am.

For some more history, I've always been over weight. I have a BMI over 50. My husband has left me for his "other woman". He says he loves me, but can't leave her, I've started divorce proceedings. My two children are grown and don't live with me, they are to busy for me. I have no other family. I have a few good friends but can't seem to make myself "disturb" them. I have returned to school full time to get my teaching degree, I am 50, 51 on July 4th. I am incredibly loney. I'm trying to ge my life in order, and find something good about it. But, I'm struggling. And now, I need to give up food, a soul source of comfort.

Anyone else succed at any of this.

Struggling. :frown:

Carla

Hi Carla -

Welcome to the LapBand Forum. First off, you're not alone. We may not be there with you physically, but we're all here in the same journey. Know that you are supported and that when you need to vent, cry, complain, Celebrate we'll do that with you (we hope you'll do that for us too!).

I've gone through alone periods in my life - I moved away from home, my sister got married, my parents moved away, broken relationships, etc. In those moments I learned to Celebrate my aloneness. I realized it was a gift and to enjoy those moments. We never know when life will take a new path - we meet someone new, our career takes off, etc.

Take this time to become a better YOU. Concentrate on you for now. You've been a wife and mother for many years - it sounds like you need some "Carla" time.

I found these quotes and thought they may help:

I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude.

Henry David Thoreau

Being solitary is being alone well: being alone luxuriously immersed in doings of your own choice, aware of the fullness of your own presence rather than of the absence of others. Because solitude is an achievement.

Alice Koller

Take care of you, Carla. Enjoy this journey! :lol:

Thhis journey has made me realise just how much I relied on food for a source of comfort and how little else I had in my life. I don't have hobbies, I dont do things for myself. I am planning this week on going swimming daily. I used to love it before I put on all my weight and I stopped. Now I am ready to start my journey to happiness. It is amazing the ups and downs you will go through and one day hun you will feel such a weight lifted of your shoulders. You need someone to cherish you and only you!!!!!

I think sometimes we forget just how much we deserve because we have spent so much time being put down and putting ourselves down. Keep in touch and type when you need too hun. I started a blog for the times when I am a real mess. Writing things down have seemed to help alot....I didn't feel very much restriction til the third fill it seems to be kinda normal so dont feel disheartenend you will get there

Thank you, Everyone! I needed the pep talk. I am so busy with school, counseling, life,that I couldn't get back her until now. But, I cherish the encouragement. I'm feeling a tiny bit better. I'm still lonely, still struggling, but, I've had my second fill, and feel a tiny bit of restriction. I will go back next week for the 3rd fill.

I really need to hear that people care about me. I've spent my life careing for others, and it doesn't seem to have been reciprocated, and now, I'm alone. But, I'll come here and vent and cry, if that's okay?

I've got to go, I've got yet another obligation.

Carla :biggrin: