Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm officially in bandster hell. Help!

It's incredible that ice cream and chocolate and Desserts go down so easily but food....that's another story. I bought some roasted chicken and veggies today from Boston Market for lunch. I even got the dark meat....Ate about 1/3 and had to stop....thought I'd have the balance for dinner tonight. Had a few bites and up it came! My dog finished the dinner.....Now, last week I had the same meal with NO PROBLEM! Maybe I'm just eating too quickly. Truly I don't mind and I'm not even going to tell my doctor because I am halfway to my goal and I don't want him to fill less.

I passed up the chocolate but ate 4 Thin Mints,

Mmmmm... Thin Mints, my favorite:tt1:. I have been tested with the thin mints at a friends house. I actually didn't eat one because I was full and in the back of my mind I was afraid that if I started I couldn't stop. I used to eat a whole sleeve of those things at a time (just so they wouldn't go stale...yeah, thats it, stale..:smile:

There is a homemade custard stand near my home, I drove by yesterday and they have Coconut Creme Pie flavor now. Its official, Satan is employed by the custard stand:drool:.

These girl scout Cookies everywhere are killing me. So far, I haven't had any for the same reason, fear that I couldn't stop. For me it's the samoas.

I'm scheduled for my second fill this Friday and it can't come soon enough. It's so strange how you have restriction and then you don't, but at this point, with 4.5cc in a 10cc band, I have next to no restriction. While working on some remodeling projects at home this past weekend, I was kind of forced to eat convenience food. OK I wasn't forced, but I folded like a house of cards when my husband suggested pizza. I've only had it once since surgery, it used to be a Friday night staple that I thought for sure I couldn't give up, but I honestly rarely think about it now. That is unless DH suggests it for a quick meal.

Anyway, to get back to the point, I was able to eat 2 slices! Gasp. The next day I had a hot dog on the bun. Not just any bun, but a Martin's potato bun.

I'm still losing slowly, but I have no idea how.

:thumbup:Pre band I've been known to eat an ENTIRE pizza in one sitting. I have had pizza a couple of times since banded and I find I can have one piece and not want more. The trick I use is just not to have these "trigger" foods in the house. If I feel I want a sweet I buy a package of weight watcher's dessert or just one or two Cookies. If I have a bag or box in the house, and if I get the urge, it's gone. Now why can't I feel that way about celery, lol......But since Oct when I had my procedure I've lost 45 pounds, I'm on a plateau these last two weeks, but hey, I haven't gained anything, so I think we need to count that as a blessing and as an incentive.

Well today the Girl Scout Cookies are everywhere again, people buy them from the guy who was selling them for his daughter and then just dropped them in the kitchen. Someone else brought in a bag of chocolate eggs to go with the hershey kisses that were in there yesterday. So Satan is at work here too.:huh2: Good thing is that I am not tempted at all today, and have had a cup of tea and chocolate Carnation instant Breakfast since 7am today.

As far as pizza? I am at 5cc's in a 10cc band and was able to eat two slices of thin squares, called grandpa pizza on Monday. Fresh mozzarella, fresh tomatoes and fresh basil on thin crust. I cut them and it took 40 minutes to eat, but I was full.

I go in to the doctors for possibly a 3rd fill on March 20th.

Well guys,

Thanks for all the posts, this is definitly where i am. I have had my second fill, but not to much restriction. Yes, ice cream and chocolate go down very well, but i can sit at lunch and get some stupid little piece of cooked carrot stuck!!!!!!OMG. And of course my family will ask , Oh, have you lost anymore weight? And of course i have to say no, and they think that i am just sloughing off agin like every other diet i have been on. It really is the same feeling. I hate it!!!! I know they do not have faith that i will loose weight. Just like all the other times. Get all psyched up and do real well for awile then, right back to the same thing!!:tongue2: I am very discouraged right now. Please help. :drool:

Jet you are down 21 pounds, who gives a damn what your family is thinking? Its just you and your body, and you know what to do! You had the surgery for yourself, take it at your own pace. Be positive with yourself. You are making the right food choices, so what if that carrot got stuck? Its the healthiest thing you mentioned in your post. See what I ate? The Girl Scout Cookies.:drool: We are all going to plateau, you have to stay positive. ANY Weight Loss is good.