Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery was Monday, and I thought I was doing great until yesterday evening, when the soreness and pain set in. I can barely move without excruciating pain in my body - It's not band-specific, but it's an all over soreness fom my pelvic area to my neck. It's nearly impossible for me to get up from a chair or bed without screaming. I stayed overnight in the hospital where they gave me morphine for pain. I was discharged yesterday morning (Tuesday) with liquid tylenol 3 for the pain.

Did anyone else experience this? What pain management medication were you given after your surgery? HELP!!

I was given Hydrocodone. I did ok until day 5 when I reached down and picked something up off the floor. Then sneezed. I pulled something in the port area. It took a week for the pain to go away. Now I am still careful on the weight I carry but I am able to move without pain. Call your Dr. if it's that bad.

Good luck to you

Lynn

I would definitely call your doctor if you are experiencing pain that bad. Try to walk as much as you possibly can. I hear that it really helps. It may not be comfortable but you will heal faster.

Hope you feel better soon!

Hey! I was also banded on Monday and I feel pretty good today. I felt good yesterday too and went shopping with my mom all day...boy was that a mistake. When I got home I felt nauseated and was in a lot of pain so now I know not to overdo it. They gave me liquid lortab for the pain but I am trying not to take it unless I really can't stand it. I would definitely call your surgeon and ask if maybe they can give you something stronger for the pain. I hope you feel better soon.

I was banded too on 2/4. I was given Vicodin (which I haven't taken because the pain is bearable). You definitely should call and tell your dr about your pain and that it is not bearable.

Feel better soon!

beachgal

Thanks - I did call the surgeon's office and got a call back around 1 pm today. It's a long story (they sent me to the ER), but I'm so happy to report that I'm feeling better now. I think I was just having too much pain to be managed by Tylenol 3. It was so weird - I couldn't so much as hiccup without my muscles tightening and screaming in pain. I've never felt like that before. They gave me something a little stronger which I plan to take only as needed over the next couple of days. I am so relieved to be able to move around, get out of bed, etc without freaking out.

Tomorrow I plan to get out for a little fresh air and exercise. Other than the pain problem, I'm doing fine - feeling very optimistic and glad to have the surgery behind me.

I also had my lap band done on Monday,I have some pain but mostly soreness.I am taking lortab liquid every 4hours for pain,my problem is Gas Pains I walk around the house and took gas x but still have so much gas.I really don't feel like eating the Soup broth, juice, ice pops are holding me.I can say the more you move the pain will get better...Good luck