Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all! I am 13 months post op & only down 40 lbs. I have not lost a lb since May of 2007. I was actually down 50 & gained back 10. I have never been totally restricted I think because of all the horror stories that I read about being to tight. I can not stick to a diet plan for the life of me. I am addicted to carbs. I AM A RECK! I feel like such a LOSER! I thought i'd be at goal by now. I know what I need to do. SO what is stopping me????? URGH!!!!!!!!!!:tongue: Somebody pleaaaaaaase HELP me. :tt1:

Get an adjustment! Why not take advantage of the band to it's fullest? If you experience any difficulty with the restriction you can always have it loosened.

Hello all! I am 13 months post op & only down 40 lbs. I have not lost a lb since May of 2007. I was actually down 50 & gained back 10. I have never been totally restricted I think because of all the horror stories that I read about being to tight. I can not stick to a diet plan for the life of me. I am addicted to carbs. I AM A RECK! I feel like such a LOSER! I thought i'd be at goal by now. I know what I need to do. SO what is stopping me????? URGH!!!!!!!!!!:tongue: Somebody pleaaaaaaase HELP me. :tt1:

Ok Silver - take a deep breath - exhale - relax - you are a food addict you have had a relapse - now pick yourself up by your boot straps and move forward. You are stopping you - you need to make the commitment to yourself to get healthy -

First you need to go to the doctor and get a fill - your tool is not going to work if you don't use it. You are sabotaging yourself by not getting fills with the excuse you don't want to be to tight - you don't want to give up foods that you might not be able to eat once you have proper restriction. Hey I'm a fat chick too - I know all the excuses - so please don't get pissed - I am giving you tough band love (the operative word being love)

Next item on the agenda - Eating healthy - Protein first - veggies then carbs. Keep a food diary count your calories and protien grams - allow your self some carb - I follow weight watchers eating plan - this is not a diet this is a lifetime lifestyle change in your eating habits - diets fail cuz when go off them you regain all your weight cuz you go back to eating normal - which eating normal got you fat in the first place

Next item - exercise - you need minimum 30 mins a day - walking at least

As you well know the band is only a tool to help you with your Portion Control 75% of the work is up to you and the other 25% comes from the band

You may need to see someone regarding you food issue alot of people do - we eat for comfort - be something as simple as boredom or something as serious as abuse - we soothe our feelling with our drug of choice food. You have to find other ways to soothe yourself... IMHO 75% of the battle to lose weight is in our heads - we make up our minds that we can't do something - well - if you keep telling yourself you can't then you won't - but if you take it just one day at a time telling yourself you can - you will ...

You can do this - you just have to get your head in the right place

You started by coming here and asking for help - next you need to call your surgeon and making an appointment for a fill and his help.

You are stronger than you give yourself credit for - you started this journey to be healthy - you have had a little Detour - Now get your butt back in the bandwagon mode.

my best to you - beleive in yourself - you can do this..

Oh yes, the love/hate relationship with fills. The fear of being too tight! I dread it, too. But read the posts and you'll see many people have been too tight and they just get some taken out.

I've had food stuck a few times and sure it hurts and I hate it. I use my fear of it, to control my eating. My fear of getting stuck makes me proceed very slowly and carefully after each fill, until I see what works. This fear also keeps my food intake reasonable in quantity.

So get a fill, even if you just ask the DR. for a small amount of fill,more frequently, so you don't fear it so much. And explain your fear to the Dr. They're there to help you.

Be sure you're following the band rules, no drinking one hour after a meal, fluids after the hour, Protein first, veggies next etc. and if you're getting hungry too soon after a meal, then you need the fill.

When you're biggest fear is gaining the weight back, then you'll be able to overlook the lesser fear of being too tight!

Use your tool!

Thanks everyone! I have an appointment for Tuesday. I have desided to go on liquids (starting today) so that I can kick these carb cravings. I will then add protien + vegies slowly. Wish me luck!

Silver: Now you're taking control! Way to go! The RIGHT restriction (not too tight, not too lose) is attainable.

Remember, each time you lose some weight the band might need another adjustment, so use your hunger between meals as a guide and as little as .5 cc fill can make the difference.

Be sure to check back in with us in a few weeks and let us know how it's going.

Silver... you say that you've lost 40 pounds and kept it off for a year... that's incredible! I know that you are not happy with the results, but.... you still lost. Before lab band, I would gain about 15 pounds a year... I'll bet before you gained as well. You are ready to make a change again... you know you are since you asked for help. Go get a fill... the right restriction can make a huge jump. Plus, the band only claims to help you lose 50% of the excess weight. If you had 80 pounds to lose, and you lost 40... that's great. Also, I agree totally with Indigo... you need to exercise! It will make a huge difference. Good luck!

Thank you! I have a workout room in my home, I do plan to start exercising agian. I really want to be at goal before 2008 is finished. So here is to making 2008 COUNT!

:biggrin::lol::lol:hi silver dont worry you are not the only one that has not lost enough weight, i my self have had the surgery for almost 1 year and only lost 40 pounds,i spoke to my doctor he said i had to stop eating carbs and go on a strict Protein diet;;;;;;;;;; diet i have never done good on diets thats why i had this procedure done,but now i know that its not magic nor easy i found out the hard way arter i spend 17k dollars on this. but lets keep trying to get this darn weight off.