Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Christian De Bruyne

lol sounds good to me, im a wine drinker anyway so ill be fine hopefully, but yeh let me know when you find out. Not long now is it??? Someone said about finding out if asda doing cheap jogging bottoms!! well yes they do they go up to a size 24 and there only £4 bargin didnt check to see what size the dearer ones go up to!!

Got mine already off moor market in Sheffield...they are XXL gorgeous and so classy!..cant wait to outshine bigsister and wishfull in my lovely joggers!. they were a whole £5! might even go and get some more, they will be so jealous!. Yes your ok then if your a wine drinker!..im gonna have to convert from lager now...I shall be in the hotel bar in my lovely joggers and stilletos, sipping a nice chiante the day after looking a wow! x

lol sounds good to me, im a wine drinker anyway so ill be fine hopefully, but yeh let me know when you find out. Not long now is it??? Someone said about finding out if asda doing cheap jogging bottoms!! well yes they do they go up to a size 24 and there only £4 bargin didnt check to see what size the dearer ones go up to!!

Hi tanya, thanks for that i'll go and av a luk at asda, that for me is the worse part.. wearing joggers while im out. i'm excited bwt the op, surgery does't bother me at all but i'll be avin nightmares bwt joggers lol :tt1::eek::tt1:

not long now is it girlies? are you all excited/nerveous

Hi Tanya c .nice to hear from you!..wondered where youd gone!! come and join us on the other thread..youll find it if you click on...Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris..just scroll down this page to "similar threads" theres loads more info on there. let me know when your on!..yeas we are going in 10 days..im nervous, dunno about the other two, think they are just excited?!. some great stories lately as youll see on that thread..puts my mind at rest a bit. bigsister did eventually tell her bloke just before xmas!..hes ok. have you decided if and when your being banded yet!?... see you on the other thread soon, this one is like a ghost town now...whoosh!,(tumbleweed!)..love Gillian x

Hey just wana wish all of u the best of luck i was banded by dr chris in september and its best decision i ever made and just to let anyone worrying about the taxis and hotel dont it will all be sorted if i can help anyone feel free to ask questions il try answer them i know how it feels to want to know everything

hi flirtylass

im booked in for march 10th,can u tell me how u doing now,how was your aftercare, r u happy with ur weight loss

Hi donegallad im doing ok have just over 4st off since september being having fills since october but still dont have restriction but i must say dr chris is brilliant there is a more recent thread on dr chris called anyone know of dr chris de bruyne which everyone is on and u can chat to people just banded and a few girls getting banded in march...

hi. how did all find surgery,is it painfull, hows the weight loss going,im booked in for surgery on march 19th

Hi donegallad!..welcome to us bandsters, and like flirtylass says, come over and join us on the similar thread.link youll find further down this page "anyone know of dr de bruyne chris" were on there chatting all the time youll get invaluable info on there..i was banded just over 2 weeks ago with a few others, some last week and some last weekend..there are loads going mid march and you will meet them in belgium, but you could get to know them first on here..get loads of support too..hope to see you posting on there very soon!..gillian xx

Hi - does anyone out there know of Dr Chris De Bruyne who is currently operating from Brussels - little information on the Web - but would be interested in anyone who has recently undergo surgery with him

thanks

I have been trying to loose weight for some time now, 5 years to be precise! After 8 pregnancies resulting in 6 children, the last 2 being twins weighing in at 3.316kgs and 3.090kgs thus causing my abdomen to be extremely stretched, and has left me with a very large protruding abdomen and very lax muscles,

After years of taking prescribed appetit suppresants, and doing all the diets under the sun, I found that although they worked in the beginning and I did loose 11.36kgs with exercise and motivation, when not motivated, stressed or tired, these do not work as you do not need to feel hungry to comfort eat... And this is what happened after I found that even though my tummy was changing through weight lose, it was still there, just less fatty but more saggy!, so I went to my Doctor and asked if I were able to get a Tummy Tuck on the NHS, he said that I was NOT FAT ENOUGH and therefore did not fit the criteria to have a tummy tuck, I asked him to refer me anyway which he did. At that time I had lost 11.36kgs, I had been 104kgs and went down to 88.18kgs BMI 32.3. I had felt good until then, and this is when it all started going wrong! My motivation was gone I became depressed about my sacking belly and just started comfort eating. Several months lapsed, I had put on approximately 6kgs, when I received a phone call from the hospital to schedule an appointment to see a psychologist who would assess me for the operation, but first she needed to know my BMI it was approximately 33, she said it was TOO HIGH and had to be 30 for me to be seen! I was so angry with my GP he had misled me! The weight went back on with extras!

In desperation, with my weight now at 102kgs, I returned to the Doctor and asked him to refer me for a gastric band, this was in May 2008. In November 2008 after having asked my GP to follow up the referral on 2 occasions with no outcome, I took it upon myself to phone the hospital, it transpired that not only did I not fit their criteria for bariatric intervention but their waiting list had been closed for some time. I returned to my GP to ask to be referred to another region, which he did. Three weeks later a psychologist saw me and suggested I have counselling!

A friend of mine told me that she knew someone who had been to the clinic in Brussels and he has had Bariatric treatment.

I am interested in going to Brussels to have the treatment done.

Please can anyone tell me some information, for example if you have had it done recently how much does it cost and what does it include?

How do you prepare for the operation?

Do you need loose clothing for the journey home?

How soon can you fly after the op?

How does it effect your eating, do you have to puree your food or can you still eat normal food?

If you are 16stone12 how fast does the weight come off, for example: how long would it take for me to loose say 5 stone?

Can you have sex after the operation, or does the port get in the way?

Do you have to be delicate with your tummy area so as not to disturb the band?

Has anyone travelled alone to get the operation or do you need someone with you for going home?

Did any of you plateau, and in which case what happened, how long did it last?

Has anyone returned for a tummy tuck?

I have so many questions..............

Thank You!

I have been trying to loose weight for some time now, 5 years to be precise! After 8 pregnancies resulting in 6 children, the last 2 being twins weighing in at 3.316kgs and 3.090kgs thus causing my abdomen to be extremely stretched, and has left me with a very large protruding abdomen and very lax muscles,

After years of taking prescribed appetit suppresants, and doing all the diets under the sun, I found that although they worked in the beginning and I did loose 11.36kgs with exercise and motivation, when not motivated, stressed or tired, these do not work as you do not need to feel hungry to comfort eat... And this is what happened after I found that even though my tummy was changing through weight lose, it was still there, just less fatty but more saggy!, so I went to my Doctor and asked if I were able to get a Tummy Tuck on the NHS, he said that I was NOT FAT ENOUGH and therefore did not fit the criteria to have a tummy tuck, I asked him to refer me anyway which he did. At that time I had lost 11.36kgs, I had been 104kgs and went down to 88.18kgs BMI 32.3. I had felt good until then, and this is when it all started going wrong! My motivation was gone I became depressed about my sacking belly and just started comfort eating. Several months lapsed, I had put on approximately 6kgs, when I received a phone call from the hospital to schedule an appointment to see a psychologist who would assess me for the operation, but first she needed to know my BMI it was approximately 33, she said it was TOO HIGH and had to be 30 for me to be seen! I was so angry with my GP he had misled me! The weight went back on with extras!

In desperation, with my weight now at 102kgs, I returned to the Doctor and asked him to refer me for a gastric band, this was in May 2008. In November 2008 after having asked my GP to follow up the referral on 2 occasions with no outcome, I took it upon myself to phone the hospital, it transpired that not only did I not fit their criteria for bariatric intervention but their waiting list had been closed for some time. I returned to my GP to ask to be referred to another region, which he did. Three weeks later a psychologist saw me and suggested I have counselling!

A friend of mine told me that she knew someone who had been to the clinic in Brussels and he has had Bariatric treatment.

I am interested in going to Brussels to have the treatment done.

Please can anyone tell me some information, for example if you have had it done recently how much does it cost and what does it include?

How do you prepare for the operation?

Do you need loose clothing for the journey home?

How soon can you fly after the op?

How does it effect your eating, do you have to puree your food or can you still eat normal food?

If you are 16stone12 how fast does the weight come off, for example: how long would it take for me to loose say 5 stone?

Can you have sex after the operation, or does the port get in the way?

Do you have to be delicate with your tummy area so as not to disturb the band?

Has anyone travelled alone to get the operation or do you need someone with you for going home?

Did any of you plateau, and in which case what happened, how long did it last?

Has anyone returned for a tummy tuck?

I have so many questions..............

Thank You!

Dr De Bruyne is excellent, I was done 18 months ago. He comes to Edinburgh once a month for consultations and fills. I have lost the address,/ phone number so if anyone knows please email me. Rebecca Glasgow:thumbup:

Rebecca, can you give me some info of how much you paid and what it included Please

Rebecca, can you give me some info of how much you paid and what it included Please

Hi fatpants. As someone has already recommended to others on here, go to the bottom of the page to 'similar threads' and click on 'Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris'. There are loads of people active on this thread (this one is not really used much now) who have been recently banded and ones about to travel to Belgium soon for the procedure. It is a very long thread and full of information, so suggest you have a read through and then ask away. Hope you can join us on there, bigsister.