Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Christian De Bruyne

Hi Wishfull! I'm booked for 23rd January. You had a breast reduction already? I had a Tummy Tuck about 6 years ago. Don't you hate the thought of going through breast surgery again? I know I'm sure hoping that I won't need another tuck!:tongue2:-Tammy

Hi tammy, i was slim back then with massive boobs..thats why i hope i will just shift the weight and nothing from my boobs, that surgery didint bother me and i was back 2 normal really quick, what was u like after your Tummy Tuck?

Hi wishfull. I'm glad your reduction went so smoothly. My tummy tuck...the doc tightened my muscles, so every sneeze, cough and laugh brought the pillow in tight to my abs and tears to my eyes. Of course my kids were at their funniest then. I could only get out of bed by rolling over onto my stomach and scooting so my feet were hanging off the bed and onto the floor and standing up that way. I guess it only lasted about a week, but what a week. I didn't have enough excess skin to need a new belly button, so he just pulled the skin down and sewed me up. My belly button is a little lower than normal, but doesn't bother me, it's not like I wear a bikini or anything. My scar is hip to hip, but down low flat and faded. About 11 months later I had Lipo and that was probably more painful because it covered a larger area. Don't get me wrong, I would do it again, but hope it won't be needed.-T

Hey folks,

I'm being banded by Dr Chris on 23rd December.

I went to the bank the other day to get my Euros and the reality has finally hit me. I'm nervous but also dead excited.

I can't believe that I'm on my way to a slimmer future, cause I've always been a fattie.

Will let you know how I get on.

Hi everyoneI wanted to get banded with dr chris but in dubaiHas anyone done that or know how much it will cost?

Hi Genie..Im pretty sure he doesnt do it in Dubai anymore, but not 100% on that..think hes only does Belgium.as he seems to be doing 3 days banding in the week there and he has his aftercare visits to different cities in UK the rest of the time.hope you find what your looking for in Dubai though. Gillian x

Hi miss flump, not long 2 go 4 u bet ur really excited, are u staying over there 4 xmas? i only ask cos they say u need 2 stay over ther 4 the xtra day. just over 5 wks till i go i cant believe how quick the time is going, probly cos the days r taken up wiv xmas things x

Hi miss flump, not long 2 go 4 u bet ur really excited, are u staying over there 4 xmas? i only ask cos they say u need 2 stay over ther 4 the xtra day. just over 5 wks till i go i cant believe how quick the time is going, probly cos the days r taken up wiv xmas things x

Hi everyone, this is user 'gillian's older sister and we are both travelling together for banding on 16th Jan. She has bullied me into joining the forum and not just reading it - she thinks that is 'cheating'! Good luck to all going shortly for their band (miss flump and anyone else). Will see wishfull in Belgium as you are booked in for same date I believe?

Hey folks,

I'm being banded by Dr Chris on 23rd December.

I went to the bank the other day to get my Euros and the reality has finally hit me. I'm nervous but also dead excited.

I can't believe that I'm on my way to a slimmer future, cause I've always been a fattie.

Will let you know how I get on.

Hi Miss Flump..only two weeks for you!!!.bet your so excited/nervous?!.. me,bigsister and wishfull are all going on the same day 16th Jan..its really speeding there now!, like wishfull says prob cos days are full of christmas business at the mo!.hope everything goes well for you and that you are not too bad for christmas day..enjoy your liquid lunch! best wishes, and well be thinking about you and eagerly awaiting your posts after christmas as to how your doing. by the way where did you change your euros? what rate did you get and is there a limit to the amount you can change all at once? Gillian x

I am hoping to pay by some sort of alternative rather than risk carrying that amount of cash around. I have e-mailed Bridget to enquire whether a bankers draft would be acceptable if a personal cheque or card payment is no go but have not had a reply yet. Anyone else paid in anything other than cash?

Hi everyone, this is user 'gillian's older sister and we are both travelling together for banding on 16th Jan. She has bullied me into joining the forum and not just reading it - she thinks that is 'cheating'! Good luck to all going shortly for their band (miss flump and anyone else). Will see wishfull in Belgium as you are booked in for same date I believe?

Bigsister well done for joining in!! its only 2 weeks to christmas, just realised!!!.aarghh, better get a move on with shopping cos this is gonna fly now init?! at least we can have the christmas blowout and the turkey curry that follows, oh and can stuff ourself on middle sisters birthday next week!..but what we gonna do on your birthday 2 weeks after band?!.ha, will it be smoothie bar at meadowhall all round?!..hope they do a chicken korma smoothie in that case?!...

Hi wishfull! im really busy with xmas stuff too..and like you say. that is why its flying!..getting butterflies big time now, theyll feel like birds by next month!..bigsister is asking if can pay by any other method shes emailed bridget but got nowt back yet...but im sure someone said theyed paid by IBAC or BIC transfer ?..looked on my banks website and that can be arranged easily enough if they accept it.. suppose the payment would have to be in their account the day it was being done,sure that would be ok? im gonna text bridget if Gail dont hear owt. anyway hope your ok, Gail still not told her partner as far as I know! she wants me to tell him!..can see shell just say shes going to morrisons that morning or summat, then 3 days later say..god, the queue was enormous, and all i could buy was 100 smoothie drinks! Gillian x

Hi wishfull! im really busy with xmas stuff too..and like you say. that is why its flying!..getting butterflies big time now, theyll feel like birds by next month!..bigsister is asking if can pay by any other method shes emailed bridget but got nowt back yet...but im sure someone said theyed paid by IBAC or BIC transfer ?..looked on my banks website and that can be arranged easily enough if they accept it.. suppose the payment would have to be in their account the day it was being done,sure that would be ok? im gonna text bridget if Gail dont hear owt. anyway hope your ok, Gail still not told her partner as far as I know! she wants me to tell him!..can see shell just say shes going to morrisons that morning or summat, then 3 days later say..god, the queue was enormous, and all i could buy was 100 smoothie drinks! Gillian x

Morrisons??!! How very dare you! It would be M&S or Waitrose and well you know it! If I said I was going to Morrisons he would be suspicious....Yes, big final blow out starts on Saturday at middleslimsister's birthday bash. Will have to cancel my birthday on 1st Feb though as we will only be 2 weeks on and doubt we'll be tackling a 3 courser?!

Morrisons??!! How very dare you! It would be M&S or Waitrose and well you know it! If I said I was going to Morrisons he would be suspicious....Yes, big final blow out starts on Saturday at middleslimsister's birthday bash. Will have to cancel my birthday on 1st Feb though as we will only be 2 weeks on and doubt we'll be tackling a 3 courser?!

sorry bigsister I should know better! Youll be having not just a band....but a bestest silicone and quality belgian plastic finest gastric band?! ha!..Ill just have a yellow Netto one. it'll be R8!.