Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unjury...Who likes it and who doesn't?

How does Unjury taste??????  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How does Unjury taste??????

• Awesome!!!!!!!!
    • Alright!!!!!!!
    • Absolutely Disgusting!!!!!!!

There must be something wrong with my smeller because I can't even smell it.

I think I'm just going to have to do a taste test until I find one that I like! Thanks guys this was fun!:biggrin:

I've used the vanilla unjury in pudding, haven't tried the unflavored yet, but I do enjoy the chocolate blended with 1/2c ice and 1 cup 1% milk (can't go skim), and then add a little extra flavor like chocolate or Kahlua sugar free DaVinci Syrup. It's so good that my 8-yr old likes to share it and wants to know when I'll make him his own chocolate shake! :thumbup: I make it in a personal blender, put the top on with a straw in it, and have never even noticed what it smelled like.

Tyme4change, If you're still looking around for Protein mixes, check out SI03 INC. which is the website for Syntrax Protein. If you email them, you can ask for samples of flavors (no charge!) you'd like to try before you buy a big container. I'm currently waiting on samples of chocolate truffle, Cappuccino, and cherry. Of course, when it comes to buying the actual product, it's probably cheaper to shop around on the 'net...

Thanks chica I'll take a look.

My surgeon REQUIRES that I drink 1 unjury daily for my 2 week pre-op diet. The nutritionist gave me a sample that I tried, and it was fine. She said I may be able to find it cheaper on the web than what they sell it for - $20.

I bought some stuff at Sam's Club marketed to the body-builder types, and it has 23 grams of whey Protein (I was told to get whey Protein, whatever difference that makes, I don't know), 3 gr. carbs & 120 calories.

I agree with an earlier poster- the taste is fine, but the odor is HORRIBLE. I almost vomited earlier today when I opened my can of the chicken powder to mix it.

that said, if you hold your breath until it gets mixed, it actually tastes pretty good.

I ordered a sample pack from https://www.unjury.com/ssl/purchasing.php. The samples are $1.75 each, for about $10 you can taste everything.

Bariatric Eating - Protein, Vitamins, Gastric Bypass & Lap Band Info, Post-op recipes, and Help also has a sample kit with a wide variety of powders, ready-to-drink, and concentrate/tube Protein. It also included a sample of Big Train Low Carb Spiced Chai that I'm now addicted to. Who knew a 60 calorie treat could be the focal point of my day?

well i'm just drinking slim fast low carb it has 20 grams so i'm good!

I like the vanilla best - I mix the vanilla w/ orange flavored crystal lite and it taste great.

chicken Soup is ok, but does leave a bitter bite and the sodium content is just way to high for my body to handle more than once or twice in a week.

First time I tried strawberry I liked, all others w/ or w/ out milk I just don't care for.

chocolate is good - great w/ milk like the others said.

Overall I have found other products that I enjoy much better, like Muscle Milk Lite - the bannana one is AWESOME w/ a little coffee and mocha is even better, and I also like the nectar brands - I am trying a sample of nectar flavors for a website called Enjoy Health this is a great way to try all their flavors and not loose out on money. NOTE: this place packages their own samples - they are not from the manufracture, but if you are willing, it is a great way to sample.

I got 21 samples for almost $40 and that included S&H

I too am sensitive to smells, and the first couple of times I had Unjury I thought there is no way I can do this! A couple of days and I no longer thought it smelled bad or tasted bad either. Before surgery i even kinda enjoyed them. Now post-op I can't stand It! I am consuming maybe 60cals. a day! So i gotta find something, or get myself to like the taste again!