Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Law enforcement thread

It's just so frustrating to be treated that way by an officer and let him get away with it.

You're quite welcome. Most officers are civil and respectful.

No cop really gets away with being a jerk. If a cop is inherently nasty or abusive, eventually it catches up with him. He may not get in trouble because of his dealings with you but he will eventually do that to the WRONG PERSON! Catch my drift? :tongue:

Good luck.

Thanks to you too, Lapbander!! How would I find out if the officer had a camera in his car? He was physically out of his car in the street before I even turned and I'm pretty sure his car was facing the opposite direction of where my car was. I understand that law enforcement agencies have to have a protocol in place to weed out those who file bogus complaints about officers just to get out of tickets. And I am hoping that along the lines of what Pizzaman said, that this particular officer may have karma bit him in the ass if he continues to treat citizens the way he treated me. I looked at my ticket again and I realize I would have a HUGE uphill battle in fighting the ticket. The officer put 3:17pm!!! Now that REALLY pisses me off because I know it wasn't that time!! UGH!! I would have a tough time proving it and I'm sure a judge would side with officer over me!! I may just have to suck it up, get over it and once again hope that karma comes back to haunt him.

I'm with the Bureau of Prisons I am getting banded tomarrow very excited. I had my Dept. head make the comment about being fit for duty, I have 11 years with the BOP and 20 with the Feds so I got nervous kind. I have several other non related health issues Psoriatic Arthritis and Periferal Neuropathy which I hope will feel better.

Bigmills,

Will keep good thoughts and prayers that your surgery is repaid, successful and recovery even better.

You should see a marked improvement in your other health issues soon. I was facing surgery on both knees which I no longer need. I had sleep Apnea which I no longer have and I just plan feel better.

From a fellow USN, Damage Control, USS Bon Home Richard CVA 31

I'm with the Bureau of Prisons I am getting banded tomarrow very excited. I had my Dept. head make the comment about being fit for duty, I have 11 years with the BOP and 20 with the Feds so I got nervous kind. I have several other non related health issues Psoriatic Arthritis and Periferal Neuropathy which I hope will feel better.

Big reason why I decided to have the surgery. As of now, we do not have this, but it has been in the talks for a long time. It will come about eventually. I figured I would get ahead of the need.

Marathinner, I would try to find out about the dash cam. If there was one in his car, it would make it easier to prove the time you were stopped. Also, it could show his behavior.

I'm a retired LEO....and YES, get this done before a fit for duty policy is put in place. I retired because I was not able to pass the test...:tongue:

In the long run, it was best for me.....I'm much happier now, but I would liked to have spent a few more years!

My goal is to pass the freaking test within a year from my surgery date, which is March 18th....not that it means anything now, BUT it will just give me peace of mind!

(I hope the fact this is in the men's room and I'm not a man is okay)

(I hope the fact this is in the men's room and I'm not a man is okay)

HarleyGirl...no urnials on the walls in this room. Sounds like everyone in LE is welcome, retired, on the job, firefighters and dispatchers and family members.

Welcome...We just want you healthy

hey guys (and gals) - i am almost 4 weeks post op and lost only 1 lb this past week - is this normal ??? i have lost 29 lbs or so since pre op diet and post op...whats the deal ???

GreekO,

Everyone is different, I dropped 50 pounds like it was falling off as I walked then it slowed to a stop. Next 35 pounds took a year.

If your just coming off of liquids and moving to another stage of food it can cause the slow down. You might also be ready for a fill.

DON'T GET DISCOURAGED... One thing to remember that even tough I have not reached my goal weight the weight I have lost isn't going to be put back on.

hey guys - thanks for the replies...funny how in the past 2 days i started to drop again...2 lbs in 2 days - welcome to the roller coaster - be well and be safe.

Lt. J aka

GreekO

Nice to see Law Enforcement represented here. My brother was killed in the line of duty in 1994. Franklin County, Ohio. "Blessed is he who lay down his life for his brother". I just popped in to say hello, I'm being banded on the 19th.

Nice to see Law Enforcement represented here. My brother was killed in the line of duty in 1994. Franklin County, Ohio. "Blessed is he who lay down his life for his brother". I just popped in to say hello, I'm being banded on the 19th.

On behalf of his fellow officers, thank you so much to your family for his service. That is a great quote. Good luck next week. We'll keep you in our prayers.

I am a Sheriff's Deputy in Georgia. I work for a metro Atlanta county and I have decided that I want to be banded. My insurance does not cover the cost of the surgery so I will probably go to Colorado where it is much cheaper.

I am glad I found this thread because some of you have asked questions that I was wondering. I am a patrol supervisor and like most agencies in the area, we are busy, and warm weather is going to make it worse. I can not work if I can't wear my body armor. I am concernd that it may take longer than a week to heal and get back to work.

Has anyone experienced this? How long were you out or on light duty before returning to street duty? I do not think the long term effects (sitting in the patrol car, possible fighting) will be a problem but the body armor does put a squeeze on now (especially since I'm overweight).