Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting Atkins induction Diet Anyone want to join me????

I have done all the preliminary appointments - GP, seminar at the clinic, 1:1 appointment with their consulting sister, dietician, and finally I have my 1:1 appointment with surgeon in a few days. I will be banded as soon as the surgeon can book me in (probably March). I wish it could be now, but there is a waiting list.

Cheers

Luscious

I wish you the best. This is the best decision I have made in a very very long time.

Where is everyone tonight??? Today was ok. Not great, not horrible. Here is what I had.

B - 1 slice ham and 1 slice cheese

L - 1/2 stuffed chicken breast (spinach and asparagus)

D - patty of a hamburger from Sonic

Lemon slush (BAD BAD)

S - cheddar cheese

I quit keeping up with calories, etc. I know what to eat. When I kept up with it, as long as I ate what I knew was ok, then I stayed within the range. I hate counting calories, so I'm not going to for awhile. If I stop losing I will revisit it, but it's just too diet like for me.

HOpe everyone had a good day.

I've been out & about all day long (house hunting ... ugh!) Think I did pretty good although I didn't get in as much Water as usual :eek:

Kinda annoyed ... I've been super strict with myself and haven't cheated since the lemon cupcake last week but the loss seems slowww :lol:

Here is what I had today ...

Breakfast ~ Atkins Mocha shake

Lunch ~ 2 flame grilled chicken legs from El Pollo Loco (no skin)

Dinner ~ Low Carb $6 Burger from Carl's Jr (ate just the beef, cheese & tomatoes ... not the plethora of lettuce they wrap it in :biggrin:)

Totals ~

822 calories

52g fat

10g carbs (8 net carbs)

76g protein

Hey everyone!

I was reading your posts on this thread this mornig and saw that you all are doing very well and was wondering if I could jump in too. I had been on a plateau but started trying the Atkins type diet about three weeks ago and the scale has started moving again, thankfully!! Keep up your good work and take care!

Jeannie,

Certainly you can join us!! Welcome!!

Ok guys, less than 2 weeks to the Valentine challenge. I have 5 pounds to go!!! I have got to get with it!! Time to put on my big girl panties and get it done. You all are such an inspiration. I am going to continue induction until Valentine's day. On Valentine's day I am going to Celebrate a job well done by having a nice dinner with my DH. Then I plan to start adding back some carbs. Good carbs, like fruit.

I have always been such an all or nothing person when it comes to dealing with obesity. I have got to break that cycle. I have not been perfect this week, but it's not about perfection. It's about continueing to push toward the goal!! The nothing part of me would like to just do nothing now because I am disappointed with my week. I WANT TO BREAK THIS CYCLE. So, today I choose to break the all or nothing cycle and continue to reach toward my goal!!!

Hey Jeannie and welcome!! I did this to blast through my plateau and it worked great. I am also going to stick with this until Valentines Day. I bought this beautiful red fitted sweater/blouse to wear to our Valentine's Banquet at church on the 16th and it's still a little snug. I want to wear it sooo bad and I think a few more pounds will do it. I have at least 3 more pounds to lose, but I really want to bust this goal wide open and lose at least 7-8 more lbs. Let's get busy!

Wow Bloo, You had another great day!! I am sure the scales will match all of you effort soon. Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks! You were right ... down 2 lbs this morning WooHoo! :(

Hey everyone!

I was reading your posts on this thread this mornig and saw that you all are doing very well and was wondering if I could jump in too. I had been on a plateau but started trying the Atkins type diet about three weeks ago and the scale has started moving again, thankfully!! Keep up your good work and take care!

Welcome Jeannie!

I have always been such an all or nothing person when it comes to dealing with obesity. I have got to break that cycle.

Ditto to that!

I really want to bust this goal wide open and lose at least 7-8 more lbs. Let's get busy!

I have 9.2 lbs to lose to reach my mini goal of 211.8 lbs by the 15th ... WE CAN DO THIS!

OK so yesterday I was out house hunting because we need to re-locate to another area ... I stopped and visited with my grandparents and as usual Grandma had a ton of food she bought for my boys ... I'm talkin a huge box of Twinkies, a huge container of powdered donuts, a dozen Valentine cupcakes :lol: ... So I have all these sweets in the house right now but I'm stayin' strong! As it is, I've ignored the container of leftover lemon frosting that screams my name everytime I open the refrigerator, which is amazing to me because as I've said before, I've been known to eat that crap by the spoonfuls ... I am sooo determined, nothing (not even the sweetest of sweets) is getting in my way this time! ;)

Hope you all have a great day and a wonderful weekend :eek:

Thanks ya'll for letting me peer into this thread. I just did a HUGE grocery shopping, never bought so much cheese in one trip..HA:smile:

DH will start this on Monday, me I'll do a "South Beach Version" to get the ball rolling. I've read most of you have done this to kick the "sweet tooth" - honestly, I've not had a piece of chocolate since surgery - it's as if I woke up with zero taste for sugar....which I'm very grateful. My only issue is the wanting of a glass of wine each night, which is sugar...maybe it just morphed into another craving:ohmy:.

You all are doing so great - !!, Keep up the good work...I'm routing from afar!

Lulu

Out & about all day again ... I've been able to improvise when stopping at fast food places so all is good (I think) :rolleyes:

Breakfast ~ Atkins Mocha shake

Lunch ~ 2 flame grilled chicken legs from El Pollo Loco (no skins)

Snack ~ Atkins Mocha shake

Dinner ~ 1/2 of a Bacon & cheese Ciabatta Burger from Jack In The Box (without the bun)

Totals ~

776 calories

50g fat

12 carbs (7 net carbs)

68g protein

I'm game, too. Long before being banded, I used Atkins, and lost a crazy amount of weight. Now, 14 months after banding, I'm only halfway to my goal, because I'm making stupid choices. I have to kick the carbs, and Atkins, for me, is the best way to do it.

I'm game, too. Long before being banded, I used Atkins, and lost a crazy amount of weight. Now, 14 months after banding, I'm only halfway to my goal, because I'm making stupid choices. I have to kick the carbs, and Atkins, for me, is the best way to do it.

Welcome thebionicbroad!

Down another 8oz this morning ... a few days ago I thought getting to my mini goal by the 15th was impossible, now I'm thinkin' it's definitely do-able so I'm determined to stay on track! 8.4 lbs to go! :)

Have a great day everyone!