Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will we ever be happy? ( compression garments)

Ok here is the deal, im a happy person, I love life and all its great adventures. So if you asked me if I was happy when I was 284 pounds, I was, and I would have never though I would be saying this but now almost 100 pounds down, and a size 16 ( god thats weird) Im really furstrated about home my body looks in clothes.. I have too much " hanging around" my middle . so when I wear pants that fit, then I get a huge tire right aboove my belt, and it looks teriable in anything that is not baggy.. Im to a point where I know PS is the route , but I really want to hang in there to loose abnout 30 more pounds..

So the readers Digest version.. any experinced simi skinny people ( i made that word up) that have had the same issue? what did you find that was confortable? and not too ulgy.. I just cringe at the though of gidles and such, there soo unsexy! Of course its just me , and my DH would love me no matter what.. :pray2:

I have thought about spanks, and just shaping panty hose, but I wanted insite from you guys!

Thanks

Oh that upper tire! I put on these pants this morning and they felt ok but I thought I'd put on a pair of my suck it in undies. Well I did and sure enough under my boobs was a tire so off they went.

I do have an old faithful pair on that help. I will let you know what kind they are. They are cotton and comfy. I'll get back to you on that.

I agree that PS is in the cards for me also. I do feel frustrated at times, well alot about all the skin, even though I know its not that bad.

Will we ever be satisfied, I highly dought it. If it's not the skin it might be that our noses now look to big, of our hair needs to be shorter or longer. Or our feed are so ugly!

But when I look back at my pictures and see the progress I forget about the skin and the nose and the feet and hair.< /p>

Hey Vegas.....

I wish I could be so lucky to lose even close to 100 pounds. Great job! On the other hand it sounds like you are still lacking a little self esteem. Own that new body you have, know that it looks good. If your stomach is showing a little and the jeans are comfortable then find a different shirt one that will flatter your waist . Make sure that your bra pushes you up and that it is the right size because according to the show love yourself naked that can play a part in the whole stomach thing. Check out the stores they have a lot of cute shirts that will slim down your mid section and make you feel sexy. As for the Spanx you were talking about they are great you can get them to cover up stomach, tone your legs and firm your butt. My coworker that lost over 100 pounds says that sit ups and crunches will help get rid of the tire, she does about 100 a day and her stomach looks good. Keep up the good work and remember beauty is only skin deep.

I always found (when I was at my highest, that is) that my smaller friends and sisters were so displeased with themselves...always concerned with what their butt looked like..what they looked like in a bathing suit etc... Meanwhile, I was ok with myself...

Well, now that I am smaller, I am thinking that way as well...I think it has to do with my mentality when I was bigger. I knew (in my heart and head) that I looked like crap regardless of what I put on...so why bother worrying about it...? There was no sense in stressing over what I looked like...because really, it was awful regardless.

But now, I feel like maybe I might actually look better in some things than other things...and maybe something will make me look "normal" instead of enormous...

So...no advice, but I can understand.

Rain

I can totally relate. I'm in an 18 headed to 16 right now . When I button my jeans I have that roll just above the beltline. I did find the Spanx while helping the hip area still give me the roll at the middle. Not exactly sure what to tell you other than enjoy the ride!

Anyone elses roll pucker up like a deflating loaf of bread?

I am now too small for size 18, and too big for 16. So I got 17, which fit fine. But the skin on my stomach puckers up. When I button the jeans, my stomach makes a vertical line down the middle and then collapses on itself. All puckered, lumpy, wrinkly, and gooey. It looks like I had a botched PS!

I have certainly not lost near enough weight to worry about deflated skin that bulges. Unfortunately, I am bulging EVERYWHERE and would crawl on crushed glass to be able to fit into anything that zipped up. Instead, I am temporarily held prisoner in my elastic waist pants. :) I have lost 40 pounds now and have almost 200 more to lose, so I am sure I will be in the same position in the next year or so. I imagine that once I have lost all the weight, every time I look at my stomach I will suddenly get the urge to make a huge loaf of homemade bread.

However, my cousin had the RNY a few years ago and she has the same issue. I have another friend who had the band and has the same issue. She refers to her stomach as looking like a dehydrated, Sharpee dog.

Anyways, my cousin suggests getting a firm fitting body girdle. She said it makes all the difference in the world. Just thought I would make the suggestion in case any of you would like to try it.

Anyways, my cousin suggests getting a firm fitting body girdle. She said it makes all the difference in the world. Just thought I would make the suggestion in case any of you would like to try it.

i rarely go anywhere without my "sucker-inner"... i get mine from The Avenue, they are about $35 each, but so worth it.