Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Funny things happen when you start to age.

Ok - I am at Walgreens transferring my prescirption - the guy (maybe 30) asked my date of birth "1955" then as he is looking at my insurance card he say "IS THIS PART D" WTF - I know i don't look 65 !!!!!

I think I look my age - but you know what kept be from getting depressed - I had on a size 12 pair of jean !!!!!

"Part D, what is Part D?, I dont know what you mean" he would have said Medicare and you could have said,you had no idea because YOU ARENT ELIGIBLE FOR MEDICARE!!!!

My funniest "age mistaken" incident actually happened when I was 37.

My DH and 12-yo DS went to what I call a "honky tonk" - great big barn-like building with a big dance floor, country music, beer served in the back and kids running around everywhere. We were there to see someone my DH knew sing in the band.

Anyway, since they allows kids in they stamped your hand with a fluorescent stamp so you couldn't buy beer if you were under age. I am short (5' 2") and my son was taller than me at age 12 and the two of us were walking together in front of my DH. I was only a little overweight at that time and I have always looked way younger than my age.

Well, it was kinda dark and the guy at the door stamped my son's hand and reached over and grabbed my hand and stamped it. I asked him why did he do that and that was when he realized I wasn't a kid and was so embarrassed. He thought my DH was bringing his 2 kids to the place!

It doesn't wash off so the kids can't go wash it off in the bathroom - it wears off and it was too late. I didn't care - I wore it proudly as a badge all night hahahaha !!!

IndioGirl55,

You look good for your age sweety. I have noticed that those young whipper sappers just think anyone over 40 is very,very old.

the closest to that I've ever become is my daughter is 32 and people who don't know us think I'm her older sister.

So this is why I need to get back into those white pants. As she gets older I get younger. :welldoneclap:

the closest to that I've ever become is my daughter is 32 and people who don't know us think I'm her older sister.

So this is why I need to get back into those white pants. As she gets older I get younger. :wink:

That reminds me of doing Weight Watchers about 15 years ago with a friend from work. Her goal was to get back into her size 8 white Gloria Vanderbilt jeans. She made it! :biggrin: I did pretty good back then before son #2 came along - my metabolism was a lot better back then, too :welldoneclap:

I'll be 58 in March, had a Tummy Tuck and breast lift/reduction yesterday. I kept asking myself, what am I doing, I'm almost 58 is this crazy or what, oh well, you only live once :cool:

Gotta go walk, or put my blowup leggings on.

I'll be 58 in March, had a Tummy Tuck and breast lift/reduction yesterday. I kept asking myself, what am I doing, I'm almost 58 is this crazy or what, oh well, you only live once :lol:

Gotta go walk, or put my blowup leggings on.

That's wonderful! I hope I am there someday. You have had your band for 3 years and I find that encouraging as I am a little concerned with the viability of the band long term.

HarleyNana, glad everythng went okay for you. You're able to be on the computer means you're well on the road to recovery. I envy you for going through with the surgery.

NoMoreYoYo, I'm with you when it comes to the long term effect of this lapband. I've been researching the lapband vs all the gastric bypass and opted for the lapband. This procedure has been in existence for about 20+ years. But, as everything, new and better comes about every few years. So, we are not the new generation on the band we have, but still not enough data. So, in a sense we're pioneers.

Just recently in being on Lap Band Talk and another site, I now know that the new band is a 4cc band. So, I'm wondering how some patients fair on that, when it takes some people about 7cc to reach restriction?

For those that are reporting on their 4cc band, I haven't read of one reaching their restriction yet? If you have please let me know what they've had to say. Thanks.

Everyone have a positive day.

Crazycat:

How about being very proud of being 48 and not having any wrinkles, losing 80+ pounds, and all of a sudden you get a few wrinkles where your third chin used to be. Don't know which I'd rather have, the third chin, or the wrinkles. I guess because the third chin comes with all of the other crap, I'll take the wrinkles and save up for plastic surgery later on.

Take care.

Sue

I used to look very young for my age but the thinner I got the older I looked. This is why I had a face lift after I got to goal weight. The first week or so after the face lift was the most hideous experience of my life but now that everything is settling down I am really glad that I have had it done. Now I am beginning to fantasize about having a Tummy Tuck. :)

Hey Ladies, Enjoy this stage of your life, We have had AARP cards since my husband turned 50. Getting the discounts is great! :) I don't look my age (fat hides wrinkles:wink2:) and I certainly don't feel it. I am by far the oldest person in my office except for my boss who is 13 weeks older than I am. We have a blast working with the young kids on the university campus we work on.

I am looking forward to getting my band so I will have more energy to do more things but this decade is by far the best I have had yet. I was :frown:too busy in my twenties and thirties raising my children and teaching school to enjoy it, :sad:too depressed in my forties with college bills, job changes, empty nest, sick parents, etc to enjoy it and now in my fifties I have gotten myself a red hat :party:and a red Pt Cruiser:smile2: and am enjoying life.

Quoting from Whitepants:

"Just recently in being on Lap Band Talk and another site, I now know that the new band is a 4cc band. So, I'm wondering how some patients fair on that, when it takes some people about 7cc to reach restriction?

For those that are reporting on their 4cc band, I haven't read of one reaching their restriction yet? If you have please let me know what they've had to say. Thanks."

Actually, I believe the newest band is the AP band which comes in either 10 cc or 14 cc size depending on your stomach size. That, according to my doctor, was introduced in June of 2007 though NWWLS has been using it several months before being a testing ground for bands as that is all they do. I could be wrong though...it HAS happened before!

Thanks for the info. The 10 and 14 cc's may have been earlier. For I was banded with the 10cc in March,2007. But, I'll put this question out there when I have my next support group meeting.

Have you reached a restriciton yet? I'm just about there, but, feel I can do with one more. Anywhere from 1cc - 3cc.

Hey,

I'll be 53 in May and was just banded 1/11/08. I've been worried that as I lose my fat that I will develop more wrinkles and a floppy chin and start to look my age. Anybody else had worries like this? Or if you are further along, has it happened to you?

Hey glorybee123,

Yes I've thought of the prospect of getting more wrinkles,ect as I lose weight too. I would rather a few more wrinkles then be fat. It may make a difference if you exercize also.

What day in May is your birthday? Mine is 5-23-53.

Wrinkles are one of my biggest fear in this whole process. I have always looked much younger than I am because the fat fills in the wrinkles. :waytogo:

I agree with Crazy Cat, if a few wrinkles is what the price I have to pay for being thin I guess it will be ok. :)

:)