Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Morning Violets~

TracyKS~ LOL...I've been called worse! Thanks for the giggle.

Terry~ I am sure moving mom qualifies as exercise. Is she joining your housedhold "full time"? Enjoy this special time. Today is my mom's birthday and I am going to the cemetary(oooofreakinjoy). Give your mom an extra hug today!

TracyK~ How is Macy? How are you? Hope all is well on your end.

I loved Terry's tip for today. I will call that my tip and won't put that up. I read it a couple of times and really can relate! Now...I know I need to get my emotional brain on board w/ my thinking brain...but how??? That is the million dollar question. Just by telling myself it will "feel" good to be thinner won't do it for me.

Judy~ I hope the funeral is no one personal. Everytime I see blueberries I think of you!

Have we heard from Michelle and I missed it? I know Laura is out of town. I don't like it when the violets are "on the road"!

Have a great day! Gonna do a bit of shopping after the cemetary. My pants are too big and look really bad. Plus, I need a new black belt. The last loop doesn't even hold anything up. The scale is the same, but the clothes don't lie! Woohoo. Going to try to workout today. It is hard when your off all day though, especially since Susanne is still here. We'll see if I go.

xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxox

shoot... that is almost worst... maybe i should suck it up and go to the obgyn. I have had cyst but usually more towards the middle and i guess it is the same type of pain. They told me if i got another one they were going to take my parts. I don't have a job where I can get paid if I was home for 6 weeks.

DS is better today - i found him sleeping on his floor last night... it is freezing and he is on a cold floor... what a wack

Terry~ I am sure moving mom qualifies as exercise. Is she joining your housedhold "full time"? Enjoy this special time. Today is my mom's birthday and I am going to the cemetary(oooofreakinjoy). Give your mom an extra hug today!............

........I loved Terry's tip for today. I will call that my tip and won't put that up. I read it a couple of times and really can relate! Now...I know I need to get my emotional brain on board w/ my thinking brain...but how??? That is the million dollar question. Just by telling myself it will "feel" good to be thinner won't do it for me.

No, Mom wants to "move on"..... so we are looking into various options for assisted living. She's not going to be happy there, but she's not happy with us TELLING her that she needs to live with us. hmmmph.

Re: the tip...the way you get your emotional brain on board with the thinking brain is to FOCUS on the positives and GET EXCITED (emotional) about what the future would hold. You have to engage positive emotions, over and over again, until the thinking brain can let go of the perceived danger. you have to engage your emotions to override the more primal, survivalistic brain.

I painted my Bathroom a couple weeks ago and have a new shower curtin and rod so I'm going to attempt to hang them today so I can get my bathroom put together. I turned a small office upstairs into a bathroom with a shower so when I demo'd my downstairs I took the shower head off and put in a deeper tub with jets so I took down the shower curtin rod because it was ugly.

Judy - I walk home from my neighbors hot tub in the winter.. frozen hair is funny

Good morning violets!

I have been up since about 3:30 AM with dd. She was back up to 103.2 and I gave her ibufrofen. She went back to sleep at around 5:30 and slept for 2 more hours. I cat napped with her then I ran to Walmart to get a few thing. Mainly I went so I could get out of the house because I am seriously getting cabin fever! I feel better today, thank goodness. I am so worried I am going to get what she has. Thank God for Lysol.

Judy-the mental pic of frozen hair cracks me up. So instead of Jack Frost we will call you Judy Frost :girl_hug:

I am gonna go check out the trip thread. Have a great day violets!

Good morning everyone! Sitting here with my runny oatmeal this morning. I've been sick for a few days, was hoping it wasn't the flu or anything and luckily it was nothing. I started feeling better yesterday afternoon. We went to a special tribute mass to MLK at church last night and Cardinal Daniel DiNardo gave the Homily. I was so glad that I went! That was such a special treat as I've never seen him in person.

We're planning a garage sale for two weeks from now and my sister brought over a couple of boxes of clothes that didn't fit her anymore. Well, I went through the boxes and most of them almost fit me!! Woo freaking hoo! I've got tons of summer stuff now. AND, I won't be mad at all if summer gets here and they're all too big for me!!

DENISE - You look GREAT!! WOW! Everyone post more pictures! I love pictures. I'll go home and see if I can do a side by side like that...

Tracy - hope Macy is doing better today. Does she still have a temperature?

Terry - I hope that your mom is happy in her new home. I know it's difficult getting them settled into different places. We had to do that with my grandma for many years before we finally had to put her in a nursing home because she didn't want to live with any of her daughters.

Make it a great day ya'll!

Hi again...yes she still has fever. No she has diarrhea (sp?)

my poor baby!

At least she is eating (somewhat) and drinking!

TracyK---you can use the TUCKS pads (or the cheaper Walmart equivalent) to help clean Macy, since she is having the diarrhea, and they help a lot, keeping her little bottom from being too sore.

We used them with Ali---my older granddaughter, when she ended up with Kawasaki Disease--thinking the same thing maybe Jennifer mentioned. I gave up understanding what the Dr. was saying at the hospital, and ask him to spell it out for me! Just like the motorcycle he tells me!!! Ends up it was named after an Asian Dr.!!!

Anyway, she was so red, and chapped, she was bleeding! He gave us some cream, and had us use the TUCKS----they helped tons!!!

Hope you don't get it either!

Kat

Poor Macy! I am glad she is drinking and eating, but keeping her hydrated is the most impt thing. How is her fever?

OK......... here I set a GOAL to aim for 20 carbs a day.. and it is now 12:41p.m I AM HUNGRY........ but afraid to eat... afraid I'll blow it... :lol:

I'm looking at Soup in my office stash...... nothing is true low carb,... my oatmeal.... NOT appealing and NOT true low carb....... Wendy's Chili.... NOT TRUE LOW CARB............... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh....

Going to fill up my Water and re-eval the situation.

oh......... and it is super cool.. the PS featured on the show bigmedicine has joined our forum and has already answered one of my questions on the surgery threads!

that is very cool Tracyks.

I have so much skin already... I would like to chat with a ps just to get information and know about cost and such, and when I should do it. If I lost weight from that skin being gone, I would be very happy with myself right now

Where the heck is Laura? I thought she would be back by now?

Kat-I have some tucks...that is a great idea! Thank you!

Jen-Macys fever an hour or so ago was 101.4 and that is with medicine in her, so I can imagine what it would have really been!

Tracy-that is going to be the PS I use. He answered one of my questions on here too. I think its pretty cool that he comes here to help!!

1 liter of Water down... 2nd one on the way.......

OK.. I need to figure out something to eat........ hmmmmm

editing this post.. (hey cool.. no smileys attacking!)

Anyway... I'm opting for a second round of Ohyeah because they are my lowest carb option staring at my face......

Another 6 net carbs, another 210 calories

420 cal for the day

12 net carbs for the day......