Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets- Part 2 Read Here

Pam

I like the Rasp Ice Crystal light - I always buy all they have when i'm there and Sams club Water. Plus I get the stuff to make 2 qts. My kids are actually drinking so I'll take it.

They now have rasp white tea to go packets, i might try them

Good evening violets!

Judy-hope you had a spectacular trip! We missed you!

Laura-are you home yet? We miss you too!

Pamela-so in the "real world" do people call you Pam or Pamela or what? Just wondering so I will know what to call you on the trip! (I can't wait)

DD is still sick. Good news is she asked for something "real" to eat instead of a popsicle. She requested pancakes, so that is what she got. She ate one small one and she normally eats 2 and asks for more. At least she ate one. That makes me happy. She slept all afternoon so I am quite sure I will be pulling the graveyard shift with her tonight while she is bright eyed & bushytailed.

I have already called the girl that works with me and my boss and told them that dd is sick and I don't know when I will be there.

On the upside, dh is on his way home from work and I will be able to go take a shower! I feel funky. I thought I was getting sick too earlier. I felt nauseated and I started thinking....what happens when we start throwing up with a band in us? Would I have to get an unfill? Do any of you know the answer to that?

Have a great evening V's

Tracy, ideally, you can get your Dr. to prescribe you somr phenergren, to help you avoid the puking, or suppositories---but it really knocks you out, so in your case where you are not only responsible for a young child, but an equally sick young child, I don't know what you would do. If the nausea continued, I would worry, but a few episodes, are surely not all that uncommon, I mean we are still people, and we still get sick. I managed with the phenergren to avoid all but one bout with nausea when Kinsey shared her virus that put her in the hospital. BUT---------I slept for 15 hours straight through!

I sure hope you aren't getting sick! Did you get your flu shot? With Rick's heart issues we HAVE to have them.

Hope you get a shower and a rest soon Hon!!!

I wondered about Pamela too!!! Her signature says Pamela so that is what I always called her....

Half of those I know call me Kat....of the other half, it is either Sis, or Kathy!!! I answer to all of them!!

Well first game went about as expected. This is the cold game he is watching now. Windchill is something like -26 I think I heard!!! It was actually -1 last I noticed them talking!

DD and her DH come, he ate!!!!!!!!! Miracles DO happen! He in fact ate 2 entire cheese pizzas by himself! We made 2 other frozen pizzas--a Supreme and a Pepperoni and Sausage one, and with the 3 of us eating on the other ones, there is 4 slices left--basically a whole pizza!!!! So...he ate a lot of pizza!!! I ate a bite of Ricks, and ate salad.....oh yeah, and a hot wing, and some chips and salsa!!

Oh well, I did drink good!!!

My inlaws showed up with my DIL and grandson. My MIL was on a mission. I had told her about a new recipe I was going to make, that I thought Rick would like, but was afraid to try today with the kids coming and SIL's eating issues. Well she had a potluck at church today, and you guessed it, she made it and all but broke her damned neck getting over here to give him some....so then it can be referred to as her recipe. She is growing older, and much more immature as she goes!!! I had to just laugh! Her version was not too great!!! IMHO!!!!!

DIL and grandson stayed with us and spent the afternoon, then when DD and SIL left, they dropped them at home...so it is quiet here again.

Guess I will go clean up all the leftovers!!

Will check with y'all later, gonna go see what's up on the other thread!

Hugs~~

Kat

I go by Pamela, Pam or Pammy (I think Terry has called me Pammy a time or two). Dad calls me Panny Girl. I've been called tons of names as well, lol! Ya'll can call me Pamela, Pam or shithead! :):lol:

PS...I am booked for our trip! Now all I need is Judy!

Go GreenBay!

Evening, Violets..

Well, I think I'm back on track now with everything. Just cleared out over 100 emails that had accumulated while I was gone. So much junk mail! And I don't mean spam. I mean junk mail from people I know!

Trip to florida was good. The weather was very chilly. Now I remember why we usually go in February or March. No sitting at the pool reading this time. I did get in and swim twice. I did all my Water aerobics in the pool and in the hot tub. My friend Laurie who had the gastric bypass looks good, but still has a ton of weight to lose. I am way thinner than she is. She bought a new bathing suit.. size 16. I tried on the same suit in a 16 and knew I couldn't wear it in public. She showed me how it looked on her and I gotta tell ya, she looked like a sausage stuffed in a polkadot casing!!! I just can't go out looking like she did, but she had no problem with it. go figger.

We saw the play Drowsy Chaperone. It was really cute and I got to talk to Georgia Engel in person after the play. She had a part in the play.. and you might know her from the Mary Tyler Moore show (showing my age), or Everybody Loves Raymond.

Also went to the movies and saw 27 Dresses, Charlie Wilson's War and The Bucket List. I enjoyed all of them.

Tracy... hope Macy is doing better today. I have motion sickness meds here in case I ever get nauseated. I got mine online, but you can get them over the counter at Walmart.

Pam, Pam, bo bam, banana fana fo fam..fee fie mo mam.. Paaaammmmm.

Whatevah the heck you're called.. I will do my best to be there. The best I can do on plane tickets so far is $376. I'm gonna wait and book in March, after taxes are done so maybe I can sqeeze some money out of our tax return... if we have one!! Looks like it will be close to $1,000 for the weekend. That blows my mind.. but it'll be worth it... right?? RIGHT???? I've done trips before to meet people I have talked to on the internet. For shy me, that was a major accomplishment. I flew to Oklahoma on my own and then was driven to Texas and Arkansas to meet people I had talked to for years. I loved every minute of it. And I know it will be the same meeting all of you.

The Bobster and the boys will do the Gettysburg trip at a different time.

I have a funeral tomorrow to sing for so we aren't going to go get our fills. We called and cancelled, but will call tomorrow to reschedule. We ate very well while we were down in Florida.... helps to have someone in the same boat foodwise. Better scoot and hit the hot tub. It's 6 degrees right now so getting in will be faster than getting out!!

I know this trip will be costly, I am already in 401.00. But hey, I put the 400 on a check card so I won't pay interest on it:rolleyes:. I figure this is gonna be a great experience. I am looking forward to meeting ya'll...and I look forward to a life long friendship (if you'll have me):girl_hug:

Got 3 more papers to grade. Susanne is passed out next to me, we split a bottle of wine and that is all she wrote!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

YIKES!! My hair froze out there!!! Now that's a strange feeling .. to have crispy hair!

I'm headed to my video program so I can see and talk to my guys from California and Alabama. Haven't been able to talk to them for a week. Everyone have a good night. Stay warm and sleep well!

OMG my dd just pushed my buttons more than ever. she just talked back to me and she never ever does that... she is going to be grounded by tomorrow, I can feel it. I don't know who she thinks she is... but i just reminded her. She has been talking lots to my step sisters dd and she is a smart ass punk... i will end that if that is where she gets this new found attitude from.

Breathe...

Anyway, I am looking at $1000 too, which I really don't have... but i am not going to really let anyone know this... because they will freak since I'm working a shit job, which is another reason I need a real job before we go.

Judy - we need you

i'm going to bed - i am totally exhausted and now pissed off

Good Morning Vi's!!

I just recently subscribed to this daily motivational email from M.J. Ryan who is one of my favorite authors, esp. regarding making positive changes.... This is today's email and is basically a short synopsis of her book, "This Year I Will..." and there's a huge message here.

Ever find yourself thinking one thing and doing something altogether contradictory? Like "I should work on my project" and then turn the TV on? We're all a mass of contradictions, particularly when it comes to the things we think we "should" do. It's because we really have two brains. One is our emotional brain, which we share will all mammals. It only understands "pleasant" or "painful," and "safe" or "danger," the patterns for which were created when we were very young. The other is our thinking brain, where we decide that we want to do something different. But depending on what it is, how it's presented, and what we've done in the past, our emotional brain may not cooperate. That's why we so often "sabotage" ourselves—our emotional brain overrides what our thinking brain has decided in favor of immediate pleasure or perceived safety. That's why, to truly change, you've got to get your emotions on your side. We change not because it makes sense (I should go to the gym to be healthy), but by engaging our feelings (It's going to feel fabulous to be thinner.) If the change seems too scary, too hard, or no fun, your emotional brain is going to work against it. So how can you make this more fun? Engage your wanting self more? That's a key to success.

-- MJ Ryan (Author of "This Year I Will...")

Frozen, crispy hair. Yes, that would be a very odd feeling!! Especially for someone like me who really whines when the temp gets below 50. What a wimp. Now you know why I've never had any desire to go skiing!

Good question for Pamela about her name...i shoulda asked way back when. My sister is named Peggy. I used to call her Peg all the time until one day she told me, in an email, that she HATES it when people call her Peg!!! LOL!! Ok, so it took you like 45 years to get up the nerve to tell me this?? Whatever.

I spent all day yesterday packing up mom's old apartment. You'd think I'd have burned some cals doing that, but apparently NOT. I'm FAT!

Ya'll have a good day. It's likely to be a very busy one for me! TTYL!

Terry you are funny

just waking up I like sleeping in on Monday's !

Tracyk- how i Macy?

So I have this horrible pain in my lower left side. on and off for a couple weeks but gettin much worse. I'm afraid it might be my gall bladder...I don't want to mention it to my surgeon but when should i call my dr. or should I just chill and see if it goes away? Maybe it is because I have so much sagging and my parts are moving around and they need to medically do a tt (LOL)

I need coffee... i'm silly

GOOD MORNING!

Judy: Glad to have you back!

shithead.. I mean pamela! :girl_hug: LOL sorry.. couldn't resist.... I'm glad you are booked! whoooohooooooooo

I have decided that I'm going back to my roots and following induction levels of carbs (Atkins) induction for me is AIMING for 20 carbs a day.

So far this is today:

coffee w/ sf Creamer (I know coffee has carbs but I refuse to count them)

OhYeah Wafers: 6 carbs

Lunch: TBA

Dinner: TBA

I have found that since I CAN eat again... I AM... so I've got to get my head in the game......

Good morning, Violets.

Getting up and around after sleeping in til 8:45. Got to head to the church and rehearse my songs for the funeral this afternoon.

After reading Terry's Tip of the day, it dawns on me that I was supposed to give the tip yesterday.... duh!! Oh well, I'll be back in the groove next Sunday, I hope!

Jennifer... don't postpone and wait for the pain to go away. You need to tell your doctor now. Specially if you've had it for a couple of weeks and it's getting worse. That ought to tell ya something!!!

Just finished my cottage cheese and FRESH blueberries.. Walmart had a sale on them this week.

Will check back after the funeral.

Everyone have a great day!!

GOOD MORNING!

I have found that since I CAN eat again... I AM... so I've got to get my head in the game......

Tracy - You hit the nail on the head. I have been trying so hard to do that but I've been able to eat since November. Like I told my PA last month, I need to use my tool so give me a fill! Tomorrow is my appt, but I need need to get back in the game.

I hate this time of year because when it is 10degrees outside I don't want to move and I'm tired of being in the house. I need a real job so I stop picking I have not been loosing much since I've been there full time.

love ya'll

Jen my gall bladder attack did not hurt in the lower left. It was higher, and went all the way through, made my back ache!

Maybe an ovarian cyst? Is it in that area? Sometimes they hurt bad as they grow, and they often times burst without issue, other than they really hurt when they do burst, but then it gets better.

Are you drinking plenty?

How is your son? Was his sore throat just a passing thing??

TracyK---how's the little Macy girl? Hope she is mending quickly!

Judy---now is the time to try out all the new spikey hairdos you see!!! Spike it up, let it freeze, and check out whether you like it or not! You might be surprised by one!!!

I said in the other thread we had a yard full of deer, and quail, as well as assorted other birds. Stupid neighbor getting his exercise---scared it all off! So not only did he scare it all off, he makes me feel guilty for not getting my own exercise in! LOL

Kat