Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

New thread here, cool. Got a question for you girls. I just had my 4th fill this afternoon. I have 7cc in a large (?) 10cc band.

How do I know when I am full?

What does it feel like and where?

Whats the signal I am looking for?

I think to this point it has been willpower. I gained 2 1/2lbs since last fill. December was crazy around here. We had company for the whole month...a DIL,3yr old and 1yr old. Not used to that for just me and hubby. So I am blaming that 2 1/2lbs on that along with the holiday!

BUT PLEASE what signals me to stop??????? Glad I found this thread.

I guess I'm the old lady in this bunch! I turned 64 the end of November. We have four grown kids, 35-41 yrs old, and ten grandchildren, 2yrs-19 yrs. I had my surgery 7/20/07 and am real close to 60 lb down. I have mobility issues due to arthritis in both knees. I'm getting my exercise in with Water aerobics.

New thread here, cool. Got a question for you girls. I just had my 4th fill this afternoon. I have 7cc in a large (?) 10cc band.

I think to this point it has been willpower. I gained 2 1/2lbs since last fill. December was crazy around here. We had company for the whole month...a DIL,3yr old and 1yr old. Not used to that for just me and hubby. So I am blaming that 2 1/2lbs on that along with the holiday!

Everyone seems to be different as far as when they feel full and what signal they have. I have different sensations at different times. Often I hiccup--it's my signal that if I keep eating I'm going to be in pain and probably PB. Another signal or "soft stop" that I have is pain in my left shoulder.

The strange thing for me is I never feel really full or satisfied like I did before the band. My stomach never feels full or like I'm going to burst if I keep eating (like I used to). Now it's more like pressure in my chest or the inability to swallow because I can tell it's not going to go down. If I keep eating, my next burp will we liquidy and gross and I'm on my way to sliming and probably a PB. I'm learning how to not get to the point!

It is just willpower at first. My dr. said not to expect a weight loss but that any loss is a great bonus. It took me 12 fills to get to where I am now, which I think may well be my sweet spot. Before I had adequate restriction, it was purely willpower--probably for 5-6 months before I started feeling any restriction. But, I'm proud to say that, even though my loss was--and still is--very slow, I never gained weight for more than a day or so. I was hoping to start losing well now that I have restriction but it's still really slow. But, I'm glad I'm losing and feel restriction now. I'm hopeful!

Good luck. Welcome and keep asking questions!

I

Well, I will keep good thoughts that the next 3 months are easier

You think you are excited now - wait till the baby's born OMG you will be beaming.:wink:

Thanks again! I was excited tonight to see her belly move when the baby kicked. I really can hardly wait!

Hi, all:

I'm 56, married 37 years, 2 daughters (26 & 28), no grandchildren yet. I didn't feel extra energy at first but am picking up some now but not how I felt in my 20's!! I may try that Vitamin B12 supplement - anyone found it in chewables?

Anyone having trouble updating their ticker today? I tried to reflect my new Onederland status but it will not recognize my PIN.

o2bthinagain:

My signal is that I do feel full and I start to "burp". But this is only when I good restriction - I've gone weeks with no restriction and could eat a lot! Last week my band tightened up so much I couldn't eat but I worked through it and I have just the right restriction now. The other thing that helps is when I follow all the rules: no drinking during meals, no snacking between meals, make good food choices, eat Protein first, etc. Good luck!

I am no expert but I start burping when I have begun eating too much. Not big burps but small ones. I also bp way too much because even after having it a year I still try to eat too fast espcially things that tast really good. Like today I tried some chicken nugget things covered with a sweet sauce Boy they tasted good but I think most of them never made it down. Sometimes I feel like I know what people who are bulemic feel like except I don't have to make myself throw up it just happens.)

Great loss Phyl!! Have you felt any decrease in knee pain since your weight loss? Increase in the distance/time you're able to walk? That's what I'm hoping for. My knees are pretty bad and I'm hoping to avoid replacements. Do you have good restriction? How many fills ahve you had?

Carol

Great loss Phyl!! Have you felt any decrease in knee pain since your weight loss? Increase in the distance/time you're able to walk? That's what I'm hoping for. My knees are pretty bad and I'm hoping to avoid replacements. Do you have good restriction? How many fills ahve you had?

Carol

Poodlecamper,

I have really bad knees too, and my weight loss has helped. I can go to the mall and last about 2 hrs where as before I couldn't do an hour. Today I'm starting the cardio cruiser so I hope this will also help. I just can't do any exercise that will impact my knees, so we will see. I'll keep you posted......:smile: And I finally have pretty good restriction!!!!

When you restriction is right, you'll know. BIG things happen then.

What I do is stop before I feel any signals. If I keep eating I begin to burp and swollow air. I start to slime and hit the sink because I know I am going to BP bad. For me the BP doesn't just go away after one. I throw up, but it is food without stomach acids.

Carol

Definitely have a decrease in knee pain and able to walk more. People here at the RV park have been commenting on that because they're used to seeing me on my scooter. I park it and walk whenever possible.

I've had three fills, the last 10/29, just before we headed south for the winter. I have pretty good restriction and still losing, though slowly. So I'm not in a hurry for another fill right now.

Glad I found you again.

SORRY PHYLL I've got you beat I will be (shudder) 66 in August. Problem is I still feel like a kid well maybe a 30 yr old. I have 2 sons, 4 grand children 2 girls and 2 boys. Just spent a week with the girls in Disney World in Dec. I convinced I would not have been able to do it if I hadn't had the band.

I had my second fill on Dec. 18th and experienced restriction for the very first time this morning at Breakfast. Didn't reaccur at dinner but it gives me hope -- There is restriction in my future!

I'm glad this forum is so active but it took over an hour to read everything - I'm so glad you all are here - even when I don't post I read every word.

Nance:biggrin:

hello all,

i was just banded on the 11th of january. so far so good. i am 50years old. i have 2 children 28 and 26 no grandbabies yet. just a cat. all of your posts are very helpful. thanks to all for sharing

Phyl

Glad to hear that your knees are doing better. My back aches have pretty much gone away since I lost some weight.

Hi Mistmoon....missed you.

Brez congradulations