Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Another idea in addition to the infant feeding spoons is cocktail forks. The 3 tine ones.

The other day I went an purchased some for myself and they seem to keep my bites small.

C.N.

I have to figure out how to create my ticker. One thing good about the pre-op diet you loose weight. I got on the scale this morning and I have lost 6 pounds with the 1st week of pre-op.

I have to figure out how to create my ticker. One thing good about the pre-op diet you loose weight. I got on the scale this morning and I have lost 6 pounds with the 1st week of pre-op.

here you go..

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/

My information has been sent to my surgeon and I waiting to hear from him. He is checking to make sure my insurance will be OK, but they are pretty sure it will be. As soon as I am official, I will be so excited. Meanwhile I enjoy reading your success stories. Kathy

My information has been sent to my surgeon and I waiting to hear from him. He is checking to make sure my insurance will be OK, but they are pretty sure it will be. As soon as I am official, I will be so excited. Meanwhile I enjoy reading your success stories. Kathy

Welcome Kathy - this is is a great place for info & support...

Another idea in addition to the infant feeding spoons is cocktail forks. The 3 tine ones.

The other day I went an purchased some for myself and they seem to keep my bites small.

C.N.

I use condiment spoon & fork - I have a small one cup bowl that I got at target - I use sandwich/desert plate for meals - I have a scale that weighs my food and gives all the info - I only use calories & Protein grams.

I still have a hard time with small bites and eating slowly when I am hungry - but as soon as you get that knot and have to wait a while before you start again - you remember ...

A suggestion I read on a web site somewhere was to use a small saucer and an infant feeding spoon to help with Portion Control and bite size. It makes you think you are getting a plate full of food. My kids gave me a collection of pretty little plates and 2 ounce pinch bowls for Christmas so when I get my band (hopefully mid Febuary, I will be ready. I thought it was a good idea.

That's a very good idea. I usually use a saucer or luncheon plate. We were visiting friends on Thanksgiving and when I saw the table all set, I told my friend, "It's been a long time since I used a big people plate!" So she put a smaller plate on top of the dinner plate for me! I was much more comfortable with that and didn't overeat! Cocktail fork and small spoon, good ideas, too. We're living in our RV for the winter and forgot to bring my little utensils with us. I do have to be careful because I have a tendency to take bites that are too big. I have to really work on that. My surgery was july 20, 2007 - a few days away from 6 month "bandiversary"!

Hi all! Thanks for all the great ideas. I just want to wolf down my food. (Old habits are hard to break, that's how I got here) The small amount fills me up too. I think it's more head hunger. I will look for the Petit Toasts around here. The small plates and utensils are a good idea. It looks like so much more when it's on a small plate. Are crackers pretty easy to eat?

Hi Guys ,Just checking in. I was banded on Wednesday and came home yesterday. Every thing seems to be going ok. I'm sip,sip,sipping and walking round and round my house. I'm sick of looking at my tiles though.lol Thanks to all of you who sent good wishes. I will post more in a day or so.

Saleel22

Hi:

Glad to be part of the "fifties" group. I was banded 12-19-07 and a few people told me I was nuts to do this @ my "age". The second day after surgery was so bad I was second guessing myself. The third day I felt 100% better. I went for my first fill yesterday. I hope I get some restriction because I had none prior to the fill. I also need to start exercising. I belong to Curves and plan on starting again on Monday.

Hi all! Thanks for all the great ideas. I just want to wolf down my food. (Old habits are hard to break, that's how I got here) The small amount fills me up too. I think it's more head hunger. I will look for the Petit Toasts around here. The small plates and utensils are a good idea. It looks like so much more when it's on a small plate. Are crackers pretty easy to eat?

Frisky - I think most people can eat crackers - just like chips etc -

Hi Guys ,Just checking in. I was banded on Wednesday and came home yesterday. Every thing seems to be going ok. I'm sip,sip,sipping and walking round and round my house. I'm sick of looking at my tiles though.lol Thanks to all of you who sent good wishes. I will post more in a day or so.

Saleel22

Saleel

Welcome to BandLand - Glad everything went ok and that you are home - Rest - by day 3 you will be feeling almost 100%...

I am in a bad way right now. I went to dinner last night with friends and had steak. I had no trouble with it. I could only eat about a third of it and brought the rest home. I tried eating some for dinner tonight and it's stuck and won't go down or come up. I am in pain. I have been sipping pineapple juice and that comes right back up but not what is actually stuck.

I hate this. This has happened before, but not for a long time. :)