Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

I am in a bad way right now. I went to dinner last night with friends and had steak. I had no trouble with it. I could only eat about a third of it and brought the rest home. I tried eating some for dinner tonight and it's stuck and won't go down or come up. I am in pain. I have been sipping pineapple juice and that comes right back up but not what is actually stuck.

I hate this. This has happened before, but not for a long time. :banghead:

Denise - this is you and your new name ???

I am sorry - how long have you been stuck - It only last about 15 minutes max for me... you don't have any of that papaya emzine (sp) stuff - i guess we should all get some - but i don't know if it would stay down either - I read somewhere a while back to get up and walk... Can't Hurt..:):girl_hug::huh2:

The same happened to me. I ate a piece of pork chop the first night without any problem, but the second night became stuck. (maybe the meat from the first night hadn't digested enough?) I drank Pickle Juice, with the papaya enzymes, that seemed to help a little, and used a heating pad on my stomach and back. Walking helped. But it took 3 days to pass.

And then I did it again a month later (this month) when I ate chicken!

How are you doing now?

Finally Free

Starting wgt. 225 1-07

current wgt. 150 1-08

Hi All over 50 gang! I'm 52 and will be banded by Dr Noel Williams in U of P on Tuesday. I'm looking forward to my new way of life, and am happy to see there is a support group for my age group. I've been lurking around, only posted a few times during this process, but will keep in touch now that I am on my way. :) Looking forward to this journey with you all!

AthinnerDenise

Hope you are feeling better this morning and you are past that pain.

I purchased some Papain enzyme for this type of thing.

Haven't had to use it yet because I am just one month out and haven't been real daring yet. I don't look forward to when it happens though.

Michelle- welcome. What do those people know anyway. Your feet and ankles thought it was a good idea and so did I at age 53.

Frisky-haven't tried the crackers yet, but the petit toasts work for me and I understand that because the crackers are so dry they won't make a big glob in your stomach. That's why I have heard if you do try to eat bread - make sure it is toasted.

C.N.

Hi all! Thanks for all the great ideas. I just want to wolf down my food. (Old habits are hard to break, that's how I got here) The small amount fills me up too. I think it's more head hunger. I will look for the Petit Toasts around here. The small plates and utensils are a good idea. It looks like so much more when it's on a small plate. Are crackers pretty easy to eat?

I think it helps to make it pretty too. :rose: Get out your best china cup and saucer to drink your Protein Shake from. It will make you feel special. Pretty plates make even the most ordinary food seem special. You are special and should treat yourself like it. :(

Take care:seeya:

hi, sunshine i do have the same problem we hae tooooo much fillllllll

but iam too sturbon to take some out be cause iam losing

I am in a bad way right now. I went to dinner last night with friends and had steak. I had no trouble with it. I could only eat about a third of it and brought the rest home. I tried eating some for dinner tonight and it's stuck and won't go down or come up. I am in pain. I have been sipping pineapple juice and that comes right back up but not what is actually stuck.

I hate this. This has happened before, but not for a long time. :(

Ive never been stuck for longer than 5 minutes. BUT, I know if I tilt my head back and look at the ceiling that seems to help. Also, raising my arms up, ya know ..."reach for the sky". That helps too.

Indio...did I understand you right, your scale measures weight and calories?? If that correct, I want one. Where did you get it and whats the brand name.

I have had a problem with comments not getting forwarded to me, so I am hoping whatever Alex has done will fix that problem here.

Denise - this is you and your new name ???

..:(:girl_hug::ohmy:

Yea, it's me. I decided to do a name change after that post about

googling our names. I googled Denise lapband and it brought me to

all my posts. I didn't like that at all. I changed my profile and my

name so now I can be any ol Denise.

I had the worse pb which is really not describing my experience. I ended

up throwing up for 5 solid hours. I would throw up slime and nothing else.

Eventually, I am sure whatever was stuck came up, plus everything else

in my stomach. Then, like a fool, after 2 hours I decided I hadn't had

any Protein since all of it came up. I drank a Protein Drink and started

puking all over again. I know I was really irritated inside. I was almost

to the point of going to the ER for an emergency unfill.

I used the papaya enzymes, the pineapple juice and nothing helped. This has happened to me before where once I start throwing up, I can't stop.

I didn't want to do that because #1 my insurance wouldn't cover it,

and #2 it's taken me a year to get to my sweet spot.

So today, I drank some herbal tea, and Water, and didn't have a protein drink until evening. I seem to be all better now.

You can bet I will be more careful about the size of my bites. I got careless

since everything has been going so well for awhile now. Bad move!

Hi guys, I love this new posting format.....

Denise....sorry you had such a bad experience with getting food stuck....I dread that happening to me...

Indio...you are such an inspiration to all of us...i read all you have to write with great interest, your experience and weight lost journey has gotten me through those rough days of being banded.

To update on my progress....I was banded 10/29 and have since lost 35 pounds. Yesterday, I weighed the least I have weighed in 24 years, what a

great feeling that was. I am <-----> this close to being able to shop in the regular sizes departments.

To the rest of you....keep up the good work and just know there are people out there that are being influenced greatly by all we are writing in these posts. As always you guys have helped me over many a hurdle.

Good eatting to all....

hi, sunshine i do have the same problem we hae tooooo much fillllllll

but iam too sturbon to take some out be cause iam losing

You couldn't drag me in to get an unfill 36_1_34.gif

Cause I am finally losing weight. Also I find that if I am very careful, I don't end up in the PB/slime stage.

Hi all you newbies, will be great chatting with you.

Yea, it's me. I decided to do a name change after that post about

googling our names. I googled Denise lapband and it brought me to

all my posts. I didn't like that at all. I changed my profile and my

name so now I can be any ol Denise.

I had the worse pb which is really not describing my experience. I ended

up throwing up for 5 solid hours. I would throw up slime and nothing else.

Eventually, I am sure whatever was stuck came up, plus everything else

in my stomach. Then, like a fool, after 2 hours I decided I hadn't had

any Protein since all of it came up. I drank a protein drink and started

puking all over again. I know I was really irritated inside. I was almost

to the point of going to the ER for an emergency unfill.

I used the papaya enzymes, the pineapple juice and nothing helped. This has happened to me before where once I start throwing up, I can't stop.

I didn't want to do that because #1 my insurance wouldn't cover it,

and #2 it's taken me a year to get to my sweet spot.

So today, I drank some herbal tea, and Water, and didn't have a protein drink until evening. I seem to be all better now.

You can bet I will be more careful about the size of my bites. I got careless

since everything has been going so well for awhile now. Bad move!

It's hard to imagine going through what you did. Sounds very painful. Warm tea or broth helps to settle the stomach and relax it. I would bet what happened to you is that your stomach swelled up a lot. I'd think it would be wise to stay on warm liquids for a few days. That swelling has to go down.

Hope things get better. 36_1_67.gif

I'm glad to hear I can still eat crackers. It will give me something to use instead of bread. I am going to miss Pasta and rice. I didn't realize how bad my eating habits were until I got banded. It's very hard to make the transition from preband to now. I love green salads and I hope that I'll be able to have them someday.

I haven't experienced and PBing or getting stuck. It sounds very painful. Sometimes it feels a little uncomfortable and I stop right away. If I can avoid that as long as I can it will be ok by me.

Denise

Hope everything feels better soon.

I'm glad to hear I can still eat crackers. It will give me something to use instead of bread. I am going to miss Pasta and rice. I didn't realize how bad my eating habits were until I got banded. It's very hard to make the transition from preband to now. I love green salads and I hope that I'll be able to have them someday.

I haven't experienced and PBing or getting stuck. It sounds very painful. Sometimes it feels a little uncomfortable and I stop right away. If I can avoid that as long as I can it will be ok by me.

Denise

Hope everything feels better soon.

I'm very restricted and found out several days ago that I can eat salad!!! Before banding I ate a salad a day and sure is nice to see that I can go back to salads. I avoided large cuts of anything hard (radishes and carrots), but can use the veggie peeler and sort of shred them into the salad.

It seems that the biggest transition from preband days is the ability to wolf down food. Also I need to remain aware of how I am eating while talking at table.

Good for you to stop at the first signs, Frisky!!:) This is very hard for me to do....and I'm not very successful at it. I just have to put that one more bite, and then another in .....

One of my goals is to go a month without being stuck, but so far I have managed to get stuck at least once every month!

Starting wgt. 225 1-07

current wgt. 150 1-08