Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Papaya Enzyme tablets. You chew a couple when the food is stuck. They work like a meat tenderizer to break down the food.

Hey Shortgal - How's it going??? I have been thinking about you..

Let me know...

Hi Janet, My son got married this weekend! There has been a lot of celebrating all week and the scale is up. So enough of that! I am back to my walking (5 miles) today and logging my food.< /p>

It's honestly a job just to stay at the same weight. I go up a few pounds and then work to get them off, but taking off more is really difficult.

I don't post much on the forum except for with my November group, but I still subscribe to a few older threads.

Hi Janet, My son got married this weekend! There has been a lot of celebrating all week and the scale is up. So enough of that! I am back to my walking (5 miles) today and logging my food.< p>It's honestly a job just to stay at the same weight. I go up a few pounds and then work to get them off, but taking off more is really difficult.

I don't post much on the forum except for with my November group, but I still subscribe to a few older threads.

Congrats !!! I bet you had a lot of fun !!!! Hope you like your DIL... I am lucky I like mine!

5 mile - you go girl !!!! That's Great !!!! 45 lbs gone - you are doing wonderfull even with all your trials & trubulations :thumbdown:

Janet, I have a great DIL and SIL ( my daughter was married six years ago). We also get along really well with my DIL's parents. Her Mom and I walked down the aisle together, after the ceremony, with our husbands behind us. So much easier for everyone, especially our kids, that we get along so well.

It was such a beautiful wedding and reception. Thanks for checking in on me!

I am heading to a local weight loss event on Saturday in Philadelphia.

Not sure what to expect, but there are some interesting speakers scheduled as well as several vendors and such. Nothing like trying a new adventure!! :thumbdown:

Greetings, I am just home from a quickie trip to Las Vegas and had a great time. We spent all afternoon yesterday at the hotel's pool (Monte Carlo), it was awesome, they had a pool, hot tub, wave pool and lazy river. And I wore a bathing suit!! First time in a couple years and though I looked far from perfect, I felt so good because I know how I looked and felt last time I wore one on a cruise 2 yrs ago. And a funny thing happened. You know that feeling of how when you walk into a room or in this case the pool area and immediately survey to see if you are the fattest one there? Or was I the only one that did that? Anyway I commented to my husband that I was still the fat one and he looked at me and said you gotta be kidding me, you really think that? So he said to point out someone I thought was perhaps almost as big as me or the 'next biggest'. He said no way was I that size and then he started pointing out ones that I was closer in size to. I had no idea. I had heard how our heads are behind in catching up with our weight loss and we still see ourselves fatter than we are, but this was amazing to me. And made me feel even better. Also good thing I tried on that bathing suit from 2 yrs ago when packing as it would've been obscene had I worn that to the pool!!

Hi Everyone! Not sure if anyone remembers me and I noticed there are a lot more new banders out there too. That's great!!! It's been quite a while since I last posted because I was waiting for an approval from UHC. Well, I'M APPROVED!!! I actually got approved two weeks ago and I'm already 1/2 way through the liquid phase UGH. Surgery date October 7th. I'm so excited and by Monday I'll be a mess, probably a bit scared too. For some reason I've been thinking about all the things I won't be able to eat any more:biggrin:. Might be chicken (which we eat atleast 3 times a week), Pasta (my favorite food, I'm Italian), panini sandwiches (no more bread I was told), etc. Why am I thinking of all these things now? Maybe because I haven't eaten in 5 days and I've been cooking for my family...torture. Oh well, I think of it the same way I did when I was in labor. "This is the pits but you know it'll be over tomorrow (in my case, next week) HA!

[ Phyl, thanks so much for the help with the letter. I had them send that with all the other stuff and I was approved in less than 2 weeks! By the way Phyl, how do you get the camper and bible verse on your message? ]

Long, you're fortunate to have such a supportive husband and I'm so glad you got that great boost in confidence.

Looks like everyone else is doing great too. Well, good luck to all of you banders and soon to be banders. I'll keep you all posted.

What do I do about all of my meds that I take. I haven't been banded yet but up for appt. with surgeon. I take 7 pills aday and some are huge! Some are tabs and some are time release type. What am I going to do??????????????

Hi Wintobethin,

Regarding your pills - talk to your primary care/ordering physician and pharmacist. Some may be available in liquid, some can be cut, and you may be able to have non-time release formulas that you have to take more often.

Good luck with your surgeon's visit!!!

You can get a pill crusher too. I take a lot of pills too and sometimes it is a problem. I do manage to get them all down. I take them with warm Water. Warm opens the band.

Good luck to all the new bandsters. Sometimes I can't believe it's me when I look in the mirror so I know how you feel!

Hi All - some of you may have heard on another thread, but I wanted to share my news here, too. My surgery scheduler called today - I have a DATE! I will have my surgery on December 4th! I've been working at this for so long - it just doesn't seem to register right now. Of couse I was hoping for a date a little sooner, but I am very happy with the timing. I know these next 9 weeks will go very fast.

Hi All - some of you may have heard on another thread, but I wanted to share my news here, too. My surgery scheduler called today - I have a DATE! I will have my surgery on December 4th! I've been working at this for so long - it just doesn't seem to register right now. Of couse I was hoping for a date a little sooner, but I am very happy with the timing. I know these next 9 weeks will go very fast.

YAHOO!! You have a date!! That's great!! Is your surgeon that booked? I am sure it will be here before you know it and you are going to be so successful as you have used this time of waiting wisely to educate yourself so well.

.hey

joannmarie

that's great!!!!! bet you are so excited. i'm still waiting for them to call me with a dr. appt. said it should be any day now. i'm giving it until friday, then i'm going to call them. i want to get my surgery done before winter sets in. i live about 3 1/2 hrs. away from my dr.

i am petrified to drive on snow. i'll drive to my sister's house and she will drive me to my appts. they are in St. Louis and i hate to drive in the city traffic

i'm in a small town and only have two lanes not 6. ha ha

Phyl, thanks so much for the help with the letter. I had them send that with all the other stuff and I was approved in less than 2 weeks! By the way Phyl, how do you get the camper and bible verse on your message? /quote]

Wow! I forgot all about that!! That's exciting news!!

What do I do about all of my meds that I take. I haven't been banded yet but up for appt. with surgeon. I take 7 pills aday and some are huge! Some are tabs and some are time release type. What am I going to do??????????????
You can get a pill crusher too. I take a lot of pills too and sometimes it is a problem. I do manage to get them all down. I take them with warm Water. Warm opens the band.

Yeah, don't freak out about the meds. It'll all work out. Talk that over with your primary care doc. Only pills I've had trouble swallowing are Calcium tabs... to big and tend to have rough edges. Did find Calcitrate Petites that I can swallow okay.

That's great news, Joann!!

Dec. 4th will be here before you know it!

They have added a forum for us - let's post here... So we can share with the new people....

I just found this site today, and I am so HAPPY. I have learned so much in just my first afternoon. Now to find that you have a 50+ forum too, it's just an added bonus. I just had my band done 2 weeks ago, and couldn't find a support group locally yet. Thank you so much for being her for me.